Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: WK 7: Wheelersburg (5-1) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by MasterOfNone »

veer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 am
smurray wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am Win or lose the Tigers have to come out of this one with no more injuries and get some guys healthy. Tigers have to win 2 of the last 4 to finish 8-2 to make the playoffs in the very tough Cincinnati region 16. Tigers won last week and fell from 2 to 4. They would easily be 2 in region 15 where they belong.
I believe that is very possible with a healthy squad.

I’m not saying the Tigers lose this game or any other game but with these injuries it makes it tougher. At 9-1 we are possibly hosting but no guarantee. 8-2 will get us in but on the road.
Playoffs? You’re talking PLAYOFFS? Yes, that’s always a goal....
Region 16 is tough....London, Clinton Massie, Wyoming, and Indian Hill.....wowzers. Clinton Massie will host, Wyoming will host, London will host and most likely Indian Hill will host....I dont see Waverly hosting a playoff game this year. I see them being the 5 seed traveling to Indian Hill...They better hope they are not the 6 seed traveling to Clinton Massie or London. Ouch.
I really do not understand why Waverly is in this region... makes zero sense to me. Region 15 is where they should be. If being bluntly honest, as long as the Tigers continue to stay in this region I don't see them getting a playoff victory anytime soon. Which is a shame. I think if they are in region 15 right now, they would host this season and have a good chance to make it to the regional finals. Which I understand that if the Tigers were in region 15 and they were able to make it out, they would have to eventually face those powerhouse schools. But having to play them first round just hurts. I guess being in region 16 just gives the program reasoning to continue to get better if they want to compete. But overall, it sucks!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Anyone know how often they map out the regions? Is it every season or every few or?

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:07 am
veer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 am
smurray wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am Win or lose the Tigers have to come out of this one with no more injuries and get some guys healthy. Tigers have to win 2 of the last 4 to finish 8-2 to make the playoffs in the very tough Cincinnati region 16. Tigers won last week and fell from 2 to 4. They would easily be 2 in region 15 where they belong.
I believe that is very possible with a healthy squad.

I’m not saying the Tigers lose this game or any other game but with these injuries it makes it tougher. At 9-1 we are possibly hosting but no guarantee. 8-2 will get us in but on the road.
Playoffs? You’re talking PLAYOFFS? Yes, that’s always a goal....
Region 16 is tough....London, Clinton Massie, Wyoming, and Indian Hill.....wowzers. Clinton Massie will host, Wyoming will host, London will host and most likely Indian Hill will host....I dont see Waverly hosting a playoff game this year. I see them being the 5 seed traveling to Indian Hill...They better hope they are not the 6 seed traveling to Clinton Massie or London. Ouch.
I really do not understand why Waverly is in this region... makes zero sense to me. Region 15 is where they should be. If being bluntly honest, as long as the Tigers continue to stay in this region I don't see them getting a playoff victory anytime soon. Which is a shame. I think if they are in region 15 right now, they would host this season and have a good chance to make it to the regional finals. Which I understand that if the Tigers were in region 15 and they were able to make it out, they would have to eventually face those powerhouse schools. But having to play them first round just hurts. I guess being in region 16 just gives the program reasoning to continue to get better if they want to compete. But overall, it sucks!
I agree, but to be the best you have to beat the best. But losing in the first round of the playoffs is tough. Making it to the playoffs is a big deal though.

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 am Anyone know how often they map out the regions? Is it every season or every few or?
I think they can change it every 2 years when they evaluate the numbers. Based on number of schools in each region, etc.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg_10 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:15 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 am Anyone know how often they map out the regions? Is it every season or every few or?
I think they can change it every 2 years when they evaluate the numbers. Based on number of schools in each region, etc.
Numbers were evaluated last year that's how cold water dropped out of DV, this year regions were redone with scioto county schools moving from 19 to 20 and Unioto was moved from 16 to 15 region.
Last edited by greygoose on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Da Berg!!!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I believe (not 100%) that once competitive balance was instituted the numbers are evaluated every year. Since the numbers can change and teams can switch divisions then it makes sense that the Regions are established on a year to year basis.

I look forward to seeing this one in Waverly on Friday night. I will be rooting for The Pirates but Also rooting for Peyton Shoemaker. Very good fit in Waverly.

It’s amazing how strong Region 16 is —- there are several great teams in it this year and some are historically great programs. Wyoming is the all time leader in Ohio in winning percentage.

I think Wheelersburg wins this one and pretty easily but I’m hoping it’s a good one.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg. Waverly is limping into this one.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Pirates too much balance for local teams. I’d say Burg.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:43 pm I believe (not 100%) that once competitive balance was instituted the numbers are evaluated every year. Since the numbers can change and teams can switch divisions then it makes sense that the Regions are established on a year to year basis.

I look forward to seeing this one in Waverly on Friday night. I will be rooting for The Pirates but Also rooting for Peyton Shoemaker. Very good fit in Waverly.

It’s amazing how strong Region 16 is —- there are several great teams in it this year and some are historically great programs. Wyoming is the all time leader in Ohio in winning percentage.

I think Wheelersburg wins this one and pretty easily but I’m hoping it’s a good one.
Just to put it into perspective:
Clinton Massie at 5-1 and 3rd in region 16, just ahead of Waverly in computer points, beat 4-2 Bishop Hartley 34-31. Bishop Hartley is 5th in D3 region 11 and beat Wheelersburg fairly handily.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

My prediction:

Burg 10
Waverly 28
👀

Buckeye2018
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2018 »

Burg 41 Waverly 21

BurgBuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by BurgBuckeye »

BananaSC74 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:40 am My prediction:

Burg 10
Waverly 28
👀
Burgs Offence is way to good to only put up 10 against a team that allowed Valley to put up 28 or whatever it was. They put up 20 against Hartley.....

Both teams 6-1 after 9:30 PM Friday. 42-20 BURG

GO BUCKEYES!
SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

Walking wounded, banged up or fully healthy, Burg wins this one easy.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg 10
Waverly 28
👀

This game was 62-20 last year, so what you are saying is Waverly will be 8 points better this year and the Burg will be 52 points worse??? :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg 10
Waverly 28
👀
LOL, As banged up as Waverly is and that defense struggling to stop the run they're not going to hold anyone to 10 points let alone Burg. Waverly's offense just to predictable to score 28 on Burg given the injuries they have. Maybe they pop 1 on special teams or setup a short drive to get some points but I just think toe to toe Waverly isn't in any position this year for this score to be remotely close.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

EASILY THE GAME OF THE WEEK IN THESE PARTS, GOOD LUCK TO THE WAVERLY TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Gameday in tiger town, I expect a packed house for tonight game. If Waverly didn't have so many walking wounded this could potentially be the game of year, however it isn't.
my prediction
Burg 44
Waverly 27

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
14U
S

Post by 14U »

This is game of the week around our area and would have been a great one to watch but waverly fans saying they are beat up and many walking wounded so this plays into burgs hands. If all this is true shouldn’t be a game but if this is a a tactic having people think they are beat up it will be a good game!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Waverly has a lot of kids hurt. Burg wins pretty easy.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”