Ironton 47 Rock Hill 13

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Ironton 47 Rock Hill 13

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS ARE CURRENTLY 4-2, AND RANKED NUMBER 6 IN DIVISION 5 REGION 19. AND COMING OFF OF A 48-27 WIN OVER A TOUGH CHESAPEAKE PANTHER TEAM. AND THE ROCK HILL REDMEN ARE COMING OFF A 35-0 SPANKING OF THE SOUTH POINT POINTERS. IRONTON TRAVELS TO THE RESERVATION THIS WEEK TO TAKE ON THE TRIBE AT THE ''BIG TEE PEE ON THE HILL'' TO PLAY THE LUTZ'S AND BURCHAMS, HOW CRAZY DOES THAT SOUND. DON'T OVERLOOK THE REDMEN AT 2-4. THEY WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN TO TOPPLE THE FIGHTING TIGERS. SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS HERE ON THIS OVC MATCHUP.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 7 -- 4-2 IRONTON @ 2-4 ROCK HILL. WHAT SAY YA'LL HERE.

Top 8 teams following week 10 qualify for playoffs

Current
Rank

W-L

ID #

Mailing City

School

Current
Average

Level 1

Level 2

L2 divisor

1 5-1 794 Johnstown Johnstown-Monroe 11.2172 27.0 66.5 99
2 6-0 1300 West Lafayette Ridgewood 10.1500 25.5 59.0 100
3 6-0 182 Bellaire Bellaire 9.7167 28.0 50.5 100
4 6-0 114 Amanda Amanda-Clearcreek 8.4697 29.0 36.0 99
5 5-1 968 Martins Ferry Martins Ferry 7.9833 23.0 41.5 100
6 4-2 760 Ironton Ironton 7.2667 19.0 41.0 100
7 4-2 1186 Oak Hill Oak Hill 5.8167 16.0 31.5 100
8 3-3 362 Chesapeake Chesapeake 5.8000 12.0 38.0 100
9 3-3 1000 Byesville Meadowbrook 5.0500 13.5 28.0 100
10 3-3 519 Richmond Edison 4.2000 12.0 22.0 100
11 3-3 410 Gahanna Columbus Academy 3.7833 14.0 14.5 100
12 2-4 220 Columbus Bishop Ready 3.6500 9.0 21.5 100
13 3-3 1652 Wellston Wellston 3.6000 13.5 13.5 100
14 3-3 1558 Zoarville Tuscarawas Valley 2.7000 12.0 7.0 100
15 3-3 108 Albany Alexander 2.6540 13.5 4.0 99
16 3-3 1566 Belmont Union Local 2.2500 13.5 0.0 100
17 2-4 706 Heath Heath 2.0884 9.5 5.0 99
18 2-4 1318 Ironton Rock Hill 1.5000 9.0 0.0 100
19 1-5 866 Baltimore Liberty Union 1.2333 5.0 4.0 100
20t 1-5 426 Coshocton Coshocton 0.8333 5.0 0.0 100
20t 1-5 1150 Johnstown Northridge 0.8333 5.0 0.0 98
22 1-5 614 Fredericktown Fredericktown 0.6667 4.0 0.0 100
23t 0-6 282 Rayland Buckeye Local 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
23t 0-6 816 Bidwell River Valley 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
23t 0-6 1458 South Point South Point 0.0000 0.0 0.0 100
23t 0-6 1690 Zanesville West Muskingum

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

2018 IRONTON 4-2

8/24 A Wheelersburg (5-1) [5:20] L 6-28
8/31 A Russell (KY) (3-3) [4:0] W 16-7
9/8 A Fairland (3-3) [4:15] W 41-23
9/14 H Ashland Blazer (KY) (7-0) [2:0] L 7-14
9/21 H South Point (0-6) [5:19] W 62-13
9/28 H Chesapeake (3-3) [5:19] W 48-27
10/5 A Rock Hill (2-4) [5:19]
10/12 H Coal Grove (4-2) [6:23]
10/19 H Gallia Academy (5-1) [4:15]
10/26 A Portsmouth (3-3) [5:20]

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

2018 ROCK HILL 2-4

8/24 H Minford (5-1) [5:20] L 20-27
8/31 A Northwest (0-6) [5:20] W 33-0
9/8 H Oak Hill (4-2) [5:19] L 29-34
9/14 A Portsmouth (3-3) [5:20] L 14-28
9/21 H Fairland (3-3) [4:15] L 35-42
9/28 A South Point (0-6) [5:19] W 35-0
10/5 H Ironton (4-2) [5:19]
10/12 A Gallia Academy (5-1) [4:15]
10/19 H Chesapeake (3-3) [5:19]
10/26 A Coal Grove (4-2) [6:23]

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

I feel if the Tigers win out they could get a home playoff game that would be nice.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Soon your gonna find out why the rest of SE ohio tapped out of SEOAL! Hope everyone stays healthy for week after next championship game. It’s gonna hurt when you get beat at your own game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm not sure what that means ironman.
ironton is the 2nd smallest school in the ovc behind coal grove. and in the seoal we sure were not big fish in a lil pond with the likes of Zanesville,marietta, logan, Jackson, Athens, gallipolis and the likes. honestly I don't understand the post. it may be a compliment, it was cleverly posted leaving you wanting more. the death of the seoal plain n simple was travel. it was spread from Portsmouth to Zanesville for crying out loud. you had kids getting home in the middle of the night for games through the week with school in the morning. I loved the seoal. we were in it when I played and I loved it, and the travel. but I wasn't an adult then with kids. as far as the getting beat at your own game. I'm not sure what you mean. when ironton was in the seoal although being one of the smallest schools in it. they just won title after title. now in the ovc they are the 2nd smallest school district. are you implying that the ovc will vote out ironton. that would be nonsense, the ovc is a perfect fit for the tigers, as well as the founding schools. and the addition of ironton, gahs and potsmouth makes so much sense now. although I went kicking and screaming not wanting ironton in it then. it makes perfect sense to me now. look at the football standings right now in the ovc. the top 5/6 teams standing wise are almost dead even. so the parity is amazing.it's anybodies to win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if anybody wants ironton gone, it's because football is back. and will only continue to improve.but the ovc isn't all football either. the change at ironton was much needed and way overdue. everybody and their family wanted some of ironton the last 6/7 years. and now they are on the upswing. no longer are you hearing the jokes about ironton football. people realize they are a contender. if ironton wins the league somehow this year it will be it's 3rd title in 4 years. but that a big if yet with very tough opponents left. but it will not be because of ironton being the biggest team that nobody wants to play. it will be because they are playing good ball again. and I think the ovc is extremely deep and has great parity now. finally all the teams in this area have a league that fits. and is geographically the only option that makes sense.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Ironton 49 RH 14

Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Being a supporter of Coach Vass and Coach Burcham, I was sad to see them go. But being an Ironton Tiger supporter, I must say that Coach Pendleton and his staff have done an impressive job thus far! Will be interesting to see Hammer and the Burcham brothers squaring off against their alma mater this week. Gotta give the Tigers the nod in this game but we better not underestimate the Redmen. I still think the Tigers can make the playoffs and that the OVC title will come down to the Gallia game.
Early analysis of the OVC and predictions for how it ends up:
1. Ironton (4-2; 3-0) most physical team in the league, best defense in the league, but need to develop a passing game and limit penalties to win the close games.
2. Gallia (5-1; 3-0) next most physical team with great athletes. Offense is explosive and tempo takes its toll on opponents. Ironton Beats them in a close game to win title
3. Coal Grove (4-2; 2-1) excellent skill players. Qb May be tops in the league. Defense needs some work in stopping the run game
4. Fairland (3-3; 1-2) great wr and Qb play. Lambiotte May be better than Harmon. Can score with anyone but defense is not physical and only a rumor at this point
5. Peake (3-3; 1-2) browning is as explosive as any kid in the league. Staff has done a good job adapting the offense to fit browning. Defense needs a lot of work. But still think they beat Portsmouth next week.
6. Portsmouth (3-3; 1-2) parker is the best player in Southern Ohio. He has to rush for 300 to give them a shot to win. No supporting cast around him and can’t throw the ball. Struggle being physical, defense is porous again, and havent been able to beat a good team with a winning record in years
7. Rock Hill (2-4; 1-2) physical run game gives them a chance to win against bad teams. Outmatched athletically most nights and very slow on defense. Will take time for Hammer and staff to get this program to the level of the former Ironton we know
8. South Point (0-6; 0-3). New coach has his work cut out for him. Look to have more numbers and shown some improvement but still years away from being competitive in the OVC

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton is Ironton and it doesn't matter the size of the school now from what it was years ago. Tough town, tough kids and have always played hard and been to states in football, basketball and baseball over the years. It's one of those town's where you work hard and play hard and people all around the state know their name when It's brought up and high school athletics played a big part in that. The OVC is where they belong now and I for one also miss the old SEOAL days but it is in no way comparable to let's say the TVC finally letting Athens in with a bunch of d4,5 and 6 teams. Ironton is smaller now but will always be competitive and take on any and all that want to schedule them and i'm glad they're playing well again. " Ironton 35 - Rock Hill 14"

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Someone help clear me up on RHHS coaching stuff. I’m in Orlando and being an IHS grad of 1982, I have to sadly admit, I kinda/sorta only follow FB. Is part of IHS history now @ RHHS?

As far as the comment about the Former SEOAL. I, also rode those long bus rides, and back then it wasn’t so bad as economics were different then!
It was not a fun ride up 93 and others routes, but we usually dominated & for FB @ the time, needed better competition from most of the other schools.

I think the poster, making inferences, to the SEOAL/Ironton/Gallia upcoming match-up, etc, was just hyping up the Gallia/ihs match up and he/she think it’s payback. Gallia “May” be the better team. IHS is not where it needs to be yet, but they are pretty good.

Great on D!
Gotta stop penalties.
Offensive line needs to protect QB to throw.
On radio it “sounds” like coaches are trying to mix up runners/play calling and I love it!

I love the coaching change!
If Pendleton continues on this pattern, iHS may soon be a power again, increase the competitive edge in OVC, and it may soon be a “HOT” conference!

Good luck fighting tigers!
gettheball,gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Since the hire I have followed Ironton. Even been to a couple practices and seen the young coach In action. He recently graduated from Michigan state. he has learned practice and conditioning from a major division 1 school. He’s brought youth and got rid of the old system. He’s very vocal and in you’re face. Flat tells the kids if you don’t try you won’t play. Doesn’t care about the buddy buddy system and runs the team his way. I respect that. And talking to the people in the crowd and stands they are behind him 100%. Those boys are in shape and will be in better shape by week 10. They have a lot to learn and that’s expected. I like the coaches attitude. A hands on coach and a hard and strict coach will earn you respect. If they don’t turn the ball over they beat rock hill easy.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:45 pm Since the hire I have followed Ironton. Even been to a couple practices and seen the young coach In action. He recently graduated from Michigan state. he has learned practice and conditioning from a major division 1 school. He’s brought youth and got rid of the old system. He’s very vocal and in you’re face. Flat tells the kids if you don’t try you won’t play. Doesn’t care about the buddy buddy system and runs the team his way. I respect that. And talking to the people in the crowd and stands they are behind him 100%. Those boys are in shape and will be in better shape by week 10. They have a lot to learn and that’s expected. I like the coaches attitude. A hands on coach and a hard and strict coach will earn you respect. If they don’t turn the ball over they beat rock hill easy.

what an excellent comment and that is just what ironton needed. soon trevon and his staff will be loved like the staff's of the past. I too was a vass fan, and his staff. they are fine people and had a great cast of staff members as well. I hated how it ended for them as well, but it just wasn't working. that's kinda the sad thing about sports, but it is also what makes it so competitive. staffs that are flailing along will always get replaced, no matter how good of people they are, look at my friend john cooper if you don't believe me. but it was time for a change, and it's becoming obvious the right move was made now. I been saying it, and you know I have for years that we need this kind of a fiery competitor back at the helm for ironton. everybody said no, you can't coach that way. well he is, and he is getting results. this was the perfect fit for the fighting tigers. heck I'm almost 58 and have been behind every ironton coach and staff since I was born. but there will always be coaching changes in football. the good thing is we got a young stud runnin the show now, that could be the next bob lutz, who knows. but the tradition there was too rich to not get a hard nose back. and it will only continue to get better. he interviews well, he's in your face, he's getting results, and everybody just loves him, he has played at the highest level of college sports. he has a wonderful wife n family, he's eay to get behind and support. things will just keep getting better for us, if we can pay the man, and keep him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:15 pm Someone help clear me up on RHHS coaching stuff. I’m in Orlando and being an IHS grad of 1982, I have to sadly admit, I kinda/sorta only follow FB. Is part of IHS history now @ RHHS?

As far as the comment about the Former SEOAL. I, also rode those long bus rides, and back then it wasn’t so bad as economics were different then!
It was not a fun ride up 93 and others routes, but we usually dominated & for FB @ the time, needed better competition from most of the other schools.

I think the poster, making inferences, to the SEOAL/Ironton/Gallia upcoming match-up, etc, was just hyping up the Gallia/ihs match up and he/she think it’s payback. Gallia “May” be the better team. IHS is not where it needs to be yet, but they are pretty good.

Great on D!
Gotta stop penalties.
Offensive line needs to protect QB to throw.
On radio it “sounds” like coaches are trying to mix up runners/play calling and I love it!

I love the coaching change!
If Pendleton continues on this pattern, iHS may soon be a power again, increase the competitive edge in OVC, and it may soon be a “HOT” conference!

Good luck fighting tigers!
gettheball,gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball!!
friend what is going on at rock hill is that long time tiger player and long time tiger coach mark ''hammer'' lutz is now the head coach at rock hill. and I think 2 of mike burcham's sons are coaching with him there. so therefore I made the comment of how weird it will seem for the fighting tigers to travel to rock hill to play against Lutz's and burcham's. seems kinda twilight zoney to me.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:50 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:45 pm Since the hire I have followed Ironton. Even been to a couple practices and seen the young coach In action. He recently graduated from Michigan state. he has learned practice and conditioning from a major division 1 school. He’s brought youth and got rid of the old system. He’s very vocal and in you’re face. Flat tells the kids if you don’t try you won’t play. Doesn’t care about the buddy buddy system and runs the team his way. I respect that. And talking to the people in the crowd and stands they are behind him 100%. Those boys are in shape and will be in better shape by week 10. They have a lot to learn and that’s expected. I like the coaches attitude. A hands on coach and a hard and strict coach will earn you respect. If they don’t turn the ball over they beat rock hill easy.

what an excellent comment and that is just what ironton needed. soon trevon and his staff will be loved like the staff's of the past. I too was a vass fan, and his staff. they are fine people and had a great cast of staff members as well. I hated how it ended for them as well, but it just wasn't working. that's kinda the sad thing about sports, but it is also what makes it so competitive. staffs that are flailing along will always get replaced, no matter how good of people they are, look at my friend john cooper if you don't believe me. but it was time for a change, and it's becoming obvious the right move was made now. I been saying it, and you know I have for years that we need this kind of a fiery competitor back at the helm for ironton. everybody said no, you can't coach that way. well he is, and he is getting results. this was the perfect fit for the fighting tigers. heck I'm almost 58 and have been behind every ironton coach and staff since I was born. but there will always be coaching changes in football. the good thing is we got a young stud runnin the show now, that could be the next bob lutz, who knows. but the tradition there was too rich to not get a hard nose back. and it will only continue to get better. he interviews well, he's in your face, he's getting results, and everybody just loves him, he has played at the highest level of college sports. he has a wonderful wife n family, he's eay to get behind and support. things will just keep getting better for us, if we can pay the man, and keep him.
Any concern about keeping him? Long drive from Scioto county daily. Does he not have a business there as he is not a teacher? No doubt a good hire for Ironton. Odd he was the 3rd choice when many on here including Ole Bait said he was his choice day one if I recall.
Aside from all the negativity at the time there was talent in the system but some youth during the losing campaign.
Good to see the OVC competitive again and Looking forward to the CG and Ironton game. Should be a good one in a couple weeks.
I say Ironton in this one 28-14 over RH.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Said it a few times before, so I'll say it again. Week 9 at the Tank decides the league title. Winner of that game likely hosts in week 11. Stay healthy and get the win Tigers. Rooting for y'all from Blue country.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the blue boys in Gallia county are the big elephant in the room right now. they are likely the odds on fave to win this right now. but there is a storm brewin in tiger town, and fairland, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, and coal grove are all ballin well as well. it should be a very exciting finish.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

I will take Ironton in this one. RH needs to get some type of passing game going to beat Ironton.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the fighting tigers pull this one out......tons of confidence in Ironton right now

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”