DV State Playoffs

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: DV State Playoffs

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:10 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:53 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:28 pm 4 weeks left in regular season, so so much can happen it's a pointless conversation at this point.
But the playoff picture is being painted every week. It’s always something to talk about.
LOL, nah you're just talking about and worrying about Madison. I don't blame ya, but don't forget it's not as if they played a tough schedule last year either. Beat 2 teams with winning records and neither team made the playoffs. They're doing what they were expected to do so far only 38 points given up on the year.
Madison will play burg for the Region. I think the winner will win state. Madison is very good, to believe they aren't is crazy. Their schedule will hurt them because burg's defense will make a tough go for them to score, so scoring will come at a premium. On the other hand Burg will have to do the same because Madison is probably the best defense burg will face if they get to that point.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Can burg stop West is the question! And if they can now they might have to beat them again. West’s oline is better than Jackson’s or just as good. And they could play first round out. We will find out soon enough. Don’t look past West!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:15 am Can burg stop West is the question! And if they can now they might have to beat them again. West’s oline is better than Jackson’s or just as good. And they could play first round out. We will find out soon enough. Don’t look past West!
West is one dimensional. Plus their oline isn't big, I think burg's dline is more bothered by bigger lineman rather than smaller lineman.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

In Div 5 this year, Marion Pleasant and Anna are going to be a front runner for whichever comes out of their region.

Johnstown Monroe will be a very tough team as well. They already have several good wins against D2 and D3 schools.

Depending on how the regions winners are matched up, I will take the Anna/Marion Pleasant winner to win the title and Johnstown Monroe to be the state runner up this year.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I am not sold on Anna at all this year. In fact they are 4-2 now and still have coldwater and fort recovery left. Plus they get very little computer points for the other 2 teams left on their schedule because they each only have 1 win. They could potentially miss the playoffs if they lose 2 more. I agree that Marion Pleasant looks good but we will see how they handle clear fork week 9. I agree Johnstown has played some bigger schools, But big walnut lost to olentangy orange pretty good And orange lost to watterson who burg basically took to the woodshed. I can see Johnstown being a favorite for region 19 but I don't see them moving past a regional title. Especially if they match region 19 and 20 in the semi finals. I think region 17 Is down this year but I see south range out of that region. After beating canton central catholic last week. Region 18 will be either genoa area or Marion pleasant. But a sleeper in that division could be archibold. Region 20 is imo going to come down to Madison or burg. I think region 19 is wide open. Johnstown is probably a favorite. But there are several teams that could surprise such as bellaire Amanda or even ironton I still believe that the winner of region 20 has got to be favored to win it all

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

victor creed wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:54 pm I am not sold on Anna at all this year. In fact they are 4-2 now and still have coldwater and fort recovery left. Plus they get very little computer points for the other 2 teams left on their schedule because they each only have 1 win. They could potentially miss the playoffs if they lose 2 more. I agree that Marion Pleasant looks good but we will see how they handle clear fork week 9. I agree Johnstown has played some bigger schools, But big walnut lost to olentangy orange pretty good And orange lost to watterson who burg basically took to the woodshed. I can see Johnstown being a favorite for region 19 but I don't see them moving past a regional title. Especially if they match region 19 and 20 in the semi finals. I think region 17 Is down this year but I see south range out of that region. After beating canton central catholic last week. Region 18 will be either genoa area or Marion pleasant. But a sleeper in that division could be archibold. Region 20 is imo going to come down to Madison or burg. I think region 19 is wide open. Johnstown is probably a favorite. But there are several teams that could surprise such as bellaire Amanda or even ironton I still believe that the winner of region 20 has got to be favored to win it all
Agree with all points. When the Madison - Burg game ended last year I immediately thought about a rematch this year and now that they're in the same region It's just gonna happen a week earlier, that's all. :o

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 am In Div 5 this year, Marion Pleasant and Anna are going to be a front runner for whichever comes out of their region.

Johnstown Monroe will be a very tough team as well. They already have several good wins against D2 and D3 schools.

Depending on how the regions winners are matched up, I will take the Anna/Marion Pleasant winner to win the title and Johnstown Monroe to be the state runner up this year.
We will more than likely see 17v18 and 19v20.

But I’d say JM will win 19 and face Madison or Burg in the semis. Ironton May have something to say about it but we’ll see about that.

Anna will have a tough draw coming in to week 11 as a 7 seed, if that’s the case. Marion Pleasant looks to be the front runner there.

R20 will come down to Madison and Burg. In Chillicothe. I will take the winner of that game over ANYONE in the Final.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I think whoever wins Region 20 will win state unless they come out of the region too banged up from the Madison v. Burg war...

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

I think Burg should take this one game at a time nothing is guaranteed especially in Friday night football anything could happen so let's go Burg and beat Waverly Friday it's gonna be a good game and great atmosphere can't wait til friday!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:15 am Can burg stop West is the question! And if they can now they might have to beat them again. West’s oline is better than Jackson’s or just as good. And they could play first round out. We will find out soon enough. Don’t look past West!
West is playing central wheeling the week before Burg there's no telling what shape they'll be in after that game. West is so 1 dimensional it really hurts them look at the raceland game they were dominated at the LOS.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 am In Div 5 this year, Marion Pleasant and Anna are going to be a front runner for whichever comes out of their region.

But I’d say JM will win 19 and face Madison or Burg in the semis. Ironton May have something to say about it but we’ll see about that.

Anna will have a tough draw coming in to week 11 as a 7 seed, if that’s the case. Marion Pleasant looks to be the front runner there.

R20 will come down to Madison and Burg. In Chillicothe. I will take the winner of that game over ANYONE in the Final.
That would be a sensible regional matchup but it is the OHSAA lol.

Several MAC schools have limped into the playoffs after getting banged up in their own conference and still won the state title in their division. I remember just a few years ago they had 3 teams in the state championship game in 3 divisions and won all 3 or at least 2 of the 3. Sort of like Urasline during their hay day. Make the playoffs at 5-5 or 6-4 and run through everyone. So I dont think that Anna will have a problem regardless of their record and seed. It will be interesting to see how they do with Coldwater.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I would love to see the Madison/Burg game in chilli but I just don't see it. Being in region 20 this year and most of our opponents being towards the southwestern side of the state I can see us going back to Xenia or maybe even into cinci somewhere to play. If burg finishes 1st in the region I still fully expect them to be the ones traveling the furthest in week 12 and 13. Assuming they keep winning of course

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:33 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 pm

That would be a sensible regional matchup but it is the OHSAA lol.

Several MAC schools have limped into the playoffs after getting banged up in their own conference and still won the state title in their division. I remember just a few years ago they had 3 teams in the state championship game in 3 divisions and won all 3 or at least 2 of the 3. Sort of like Urasline during their hay day. Make the playoffs at 5-5 or 6-4 and run through everyone. So I dont think that Anna will have a problem regardless of their record and seed. It will be interesting to see how they do with Coldwater.
I get where you’re coming from. And had it not poured the rain last year, they more than likely advance. That was an ugly game. A mud bowl actually.

Return to “Football”