Minford 28 Vinton County 21

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Minford @ Vinton county Your Thoughts !!

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:07 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:01 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:39 pm

3 play for Jackson, 2 for wellston. One was hurt in the 2nd quarter and one in the 4th. So we were down quite a few as well.
You've got to get over players leaving, you've practiced without them and played without them ALL year. Not the same as Minford by any stretch of the imagination. So you lost 1 guy in the 2nd quarter and 1 in the 4th, period. You've game planned all year without the people that transferred out, you guys fix things in house and that stuff won't happen but for some reason the entire VC area blames the kids and parents and act like the VC program is perfect and why should they ever leave. You're 1-6 and haven't been relevant in football since the 90s these are harsh words but something maybe people in the VC area need to really understand, fix your program from within and you won't lose players and you'll get more players come out.

It was also our Freshman qb’s second start. I could make plenty of points as to why this game shouldn’t have been close on our side but the fact is, the kids played hard and nearly pulled off a huge upset. If not for the multiple mistakes in the 4th, they played extremely well. VC is 2 overtime’s and a 4th quarter meltdown from being 4-3 and in a playoff spot in DIV. 1-6 sucks but this team is talented. They just don’t execute consistently. We have 6 seniors. We’ll get better.
That's what I like to see, play on the positive side of things. If you've got just 6 seniors then VC should be looking good going into next year then.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:39 pm

3 play for Jackson, 2 for wellston. One was hurt in the 2nd quarter and one in the 4th. So we were down quite a few as well.
You've got to get over players leaving, you've practiced without them and played without them ALL year. Not the same as Minford by any stretch of the imagination. So you lost 1 guy in the 2nd quarter and 1 in the 4th, period. You've game planned all year without the people that transferred out, you guys fix things in house and that stuff won't happen but for some reason the entire VC area blames the kids and parents and act like the VC program is perfect and why should they ever leave. You're 1-6 and haven't been relevant in football since the 90s these are harsh words but something maybe people in the VC area need to really understand, fix your program from within and you won't lose players and you'll get more players come out.

It was also our Freshman qb’s second start. I could make plenty of points as to why this game shouldn’t have been close on our side but the fact is, the kids played hard and nearly pulled off a huge upset. If not for the multiple mistakes in the 4th, they played extremely well. VC is 2 overtime’s and a 4th quarter meltdown from being 4-3 and in a playoff spot in DIV. 1-6 sucks but this team is talented. They just don’t execute consistently. We have 6 seniors. We’ll get better.
Who is the freshman QB?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:18 am

Who is the freshman QB?
Damron. He was Spires backup last year for the 8th grade.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 pm Spot on again, nice win minford. Missing all those starters and still pulled it off.
How many starters are out? I only know one Wiget! I went to West game and that’s only player I saw get hurt.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:47 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:22 pm hawkeyepierce!
Thank You! This helps clear things up somewhat. I probably should not have used the word ( Recruit ) at all. This happens all the time and will continue to happen. I think the number ( 5 ) is what caught my attention. 1st. I don't have an Axe to grind with Jackson. I don't even know a whole lot about them, other than that there Fans are very supportive of there football team. 2nd. I feel sorry for V. C. for whatever reason that this happened. Losing 5 Kids at one time is quite a shock regardless of the circumstances. 3rd. I'm sorry for Minford that I let this get away from the thread at hand.
Yates and Spires are new this year and start

Prater now starts as a freshman an has been at Jackson schools since 6th grade

Younger Spires (Evan) is new this year and gets good playing time but doesn’t start (maybe did this week vs MT)

Ruckel was in Jackson in 3rd grade and does not live in Wellston....lives smack in the middle of Jackson and has as long as I’ve known him.
Thank you. Like I said the number ( 5 ), is what caught my attention. This is quite different from what I first thought had happened.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:36 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 pm Spot on again, nice win minford. Missing all those starters and still pulled it off.
How many starters are out? I only know one Wiget! I went to West game and that’s only player I saw get hurt.
believe someone from Minford said they were down 5 or 6 starters going into that VC game

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Minford very lucky to win this one. But a win is a win and one step closer to the playoffs. Maybe Minford should just rest their starters this week so they will be healthier for weeks 9 and 10 because they will have to win 2 out of the next 3 to make it to the post season but could possibly get in at 7-3 just according to what happens could be a rematch with Burg week 11

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Minford 28 Vinton County 21

Post by mattash »

Minford 28 Vinton County 21

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”