Gallia Academy 42 Coal Grove 20

joshwheeler
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy (5-1) @ Coal Grove (4-2)

Post by joshwheeler »

Live at Facebook.com/coalgrovelive

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Lightning delay

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well I can no longer say we converted every time we have been in that jumbo package. Score should be tied as I think Gallia got away with penalty on 2 point conversion

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Final Score Gallia Academy 42 Coal Grove 20.

Another 3 score win for Operation Ground and Pound.

Onward to the Rock Hill Redmen

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Sold win on the road against a good CG team. I thought CG played very hard but the oline and hard running backs were just to much for them. The GA Defense was solid against the run but gave up some big plays in the passing game. GC has nice skill kids and the Q can sling it, they made nice plays. Holding the to 3 scores took a great team D effort.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Very solid win against a pretty good Coal Grove team. I really think the Blue Devils are getting better each and every game. A couple plays from being 7-0.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Coal grove lost a lot from last year, they really haven't beaten anyone so this outcome shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Like vette said Gallia just a play or 2 away from being 7-0, gallia and ironton heading on the path for a OVC championship game come week 9 and major playoff points will be on the line.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 am Coal grove lost a lot from last year, they really haven't beaten anyone so this outcome shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Like vette said Gallia just a play or 2 away from being 7-0, gallia and ironton heading on the path for a OVC championship game come week 9 and major playoff points will be on the line.
Yes the Ironton and Gallia game be a dandy one. Nice win against the Grove for Gallia.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Poorly officiated game.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I disagree with a few people’s take here. Who has Gallia academy beat this year. I think this coal grove team is the most complete team that the blue devils has gotten the job done against all year.

I thought the lightning delay really played into the blue devils hands., it allowed them to make some adjustments to shut down the coal grove game. Because we certainly weren’t stopping it before then. The short half also allowed them to adjust to the coal grove adjustments and I think that is what lead to the 3 score win.

I think the blue devils would of managed to pull it out either way. But thought the weather delay last night helped them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:16 am I disagree with a few people’s take here. Who has Gallia academy beat this year. I think this coal grove team is the most complete team that the blue devils has gotten the job done against all year.

I thought the lightning delay really played into the blue devils hands., it allowed them to make some adjustments to shut down the coal grove game. Because we certainly weren’t stopping it before then. The short half also allowed them to adjust to the coal grove adjustments and I think that is what lead to the 3 score win.

I think the blue devils would of managed to pull it out either way. But thought the weather delay last night helped them.
Disagree all you want but Gallia has 3 wins against teams with a winning record and were in line to beat a 5-2 Jackson team. Also beat a chesapeake team 55-20, a Peake team that just beat CG 2 weeks ago. If this is the most complete team they've beat they done it fairly easy considering final score was 42-20.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 am
svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:16 am I disagree with a few people’s take here. Who has Gallia academy beat this year. I think this coal grove team is the most complete team that the blue devils has gotten the job done against all year.

Disagree all you want but Gallia has 3 wins against teams with a winning record and were in line to beat a 5-2 Jackson team. Also beat a chesapeake team 55-20, a Peake team that just beat CG 2 weeks ago. If this is the most complete team they've beat they done it fairly easy considering final score was 42-20.
svac is just missing the glory days of the old SVAC and apparently can't see that the Devils despite not all of their opponents being good are playing great football. Always looking for something to subtly complain about whole pretending to be a supporter. Get over yourself.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think your missing the point. I didn’t say they were as good as blue devils said they were the most complete team we have beat.

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:45 am

I think your missing the point. I didn’t say they were as good as blue devils said they were the most complete team we have beat.
Greygoose you have obviously never been to watch a CG game this year. And I don’t think Gallia would say the win came easy. They may not be the team they were last year in some aspects but in other aspects they have skill last years team did not.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:08 am

svac is just missing the glory days of the old SVAC and apparently can't see that the Devils despite not all of their opponents being good are playing great football. Always looking for something to subtly complain about whole pretending to be a supporter. Get over yourself.
Blizzard man why by me trying to give coal grove some credit for being a solid football team am I complaining. Well I guess I am about some blue devil fans think are arrogant and don’t understand football and don’t understand that out of the teams we have beaten coal grove was the most solid in every facet of the game.

When it comes to the blue devils last year and this year I may be overly cautious but go back and look at the 3 prior years when I talked them up every week to get trounced on Friday night.

And blizzard man I don’t think that I am all that and to be honest with you. The last good ole days of the SEOAL I really saw or know of was the 70’s before I was even in high school.

My familly moved and I attended kyger creek for my high school years before I joined the military and was gone the biggest part of 20 years and then had a job I worked mid shift on until around 2010. When my kids began to enter high school is when I began to pay attention to it again and by then the league was falling apart.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA football has been down past few years great for the BLue ! You are KC grad no beef with that ! Played for GA early 70's ! I never did lose to CG back then ! People get caught up in the game ! Good Luck to both !

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Glad to see the Blue Devils back on track. Beating the Hornets on their field is no easy task as they always play hard. If the Tigers and Blue Devils keep winning, their match up should have a '70's SEOAL feel to it. Good times.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Hell yes !

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

I have a bone to pick with hornet fans. Can anybody explain to me why coal grove went for that 4th and 9 on their own 35. Not sure what was going on there. I think the game was still in the 3rd quarter. Just thought I would ask did anyone on the grove side understand that call.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Gallia Academy 42 Coal Grove 20

Post by mattash »

Gallia Academy 42 Coal Grove 20

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”