SEOPS HOF

Re: Meigs (2-4) vs Athens (5-1)

Post by Raider6309 »

Could be a high scoring game

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Athens 42 - Meigs 21 (Meigs scoring 29 ppg but giving up 33 on avg.)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Meigs defense is still very suspect. Athens a little to much for Meigs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Athens gets to them early it will not be a ball game. If Meigs starts out strong Athens will pull it out in the late third.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Hope Meigs gets their lights working.
NY Meigs JV game was called due to darkness with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
NY won 35-20

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Bulldogs

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

From my understanding, Meigs had a power outage at the Middle school that same day. School was cancelled for the middle school the whole day. I'm guessing the football lights are on that same circuit or whatever the technical term is. But the middle school is back up and running, so I would say it is a safe guess that the football lights are good to go as well.

Meigs has struggled, Athens will be too much for them to handle. Although, if Athens overlooks Meigs, we might get to see a ball game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:23 pm Hope Meigs gets their lights working.
NY Meigs JV game was called due to darkness with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
NY won 35-20
I still remember when Athens was up big and Marietta shut the lights off and canceled the game. You can’t make that up :lol:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Athens wins with running clock

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:51 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:23 pm Hope Meigs gets their lights working.
NY won 35-20
I still remember when Athens was up big and Marietta shut the lights off and canceled the game. You can’t make that up :lol:
That's one way to get out of a butt kicking :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Shamrocks 5263
Waterboy

Post by Shamrocks 5263 »

If Athens executes this game will be over early.Lights or no lights

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know that Meigs defense is whats really been the big problem all year. On offense does Meigs really mix it up, and pass as much as they do run? All year even going back to the 1st game against the Blue Devils, It doesn't seem as if they have had problems on offense and being able to score. Are there more Skill kids on Offense , or are there other problems on Defense? I think at one time in the game, they were even close or ahead of Gallia, and had a good lead on NY. I'm sure that they must have a lot of kids playing both ways. I'm just surprised that the defense gives up so many points.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens beats up yet another smaller school

Athens 42
Meigs 14

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Meigs keeps it close for a short period of time, then Athens pulls away

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Defense has been lacking at Meigs for several years now. It is simply not emphasized and they prefer shootout games. There was a point in the program where they did that well. It is what it is at this point.

The thing that breaks my heart is watching this senior class struggle. I watched them regularly when they were 8th graders (I know you've heard this before) and they truly were on another level from the rest of the league. They were about 15 strong and just flat out good. All of the pieces seemed to be there to make a great run, especially their senior season. Somewhere along the way, many stopped playing for various reasons, and it really just didn't come together like it could have. Many factors play into that, many out of anybody's control, but in all honesty, four years ago at this time, I would have emphatically said Meigs would be in the drivers seat for a league title this year, possibly their second in a row. It just hasn't worked out.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:31 am Defense has not been the strong point at Meigs for several years now. It is simply not emphasized and they prefer shootout games. There was a point in the program where they did that well. I don't want that to sound like it is a knock as it is simply a preference of a philosophical approach. It is what it is at this point.

The thing that breaks my heart is watching this senior class struggle. I watched them regularly when they were 8th graders (I know you've heard this before) and they truly were on another level from the rest of the league. They were about 15 strong and just flat out good. All of the pieces seemed to be there to make a great run, especially their senior season. Somewhere along the way, many stopped playing for various reasons, and it really just didn't come together like it could have. Many factors play into that, many out of anybody's control, but in all honesty, four years ago at this time, I would have emphatically said Meigs would be in the drivers seat for a league title this year, possibly their second in a row. It just hasn't worked out.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

does Meigs have anyone other than Bartrum, that is a stand out on the team?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Meigs young QB is a work in progress. Cleland is better than most in the area and he is only a freshman. He has shown glimpses of being a special kind of athlete. If there are puzzle pieces around him as he develops, I do believe Meigs could be very good offensively. My concern is that the defense will never be there. Even this year, the offense is capable of winning games, but clearly the defense is struggling to keep teams off the board.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Meigs has no identity on offense and They put too much pressure on their freshman QB. They make a lot of mistakes, struggle to consistently move the football without the big play, and Bartrum goes for it on 4th down in his own territory way to much. On defense they are un-sound, undisciplined, and not well coached. Like I said before, they will struggle to win 4 games. Their best chances are against Alexander and Wellston.
Athens wins this 48-14.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....

Return to “Football”