Portsmouth 35 Fairland 20

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Fairland @ Portsmouth

Post by greygoose »

buckeyenation wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:27 pm Yes at Portsmouth.. Haven't seen the Trojans this fired up for a game in years. A lot on the line if they wanna play week 11. Lil surprise coming on defense too.
Going to try and sneak a 12th man out there :lol: :lol:

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

neither team will have a shutout. I just hope Portsmouth is on the winning end. We need major help if there’s a week 11. We are 13 in the region. We need points and teams to lose above us. Win this go to south point next week. Play you’re starters very little. Very little to rest them for Ironton. Granted we win tonight.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ptowntrojan61
Waterboy

Post by Ptowntrojan61 »

Last 2000+ yd rusher for Portsmouth?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Probably Bolden in 02

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

How many did Parker and the night with?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

39 carries 363 yards, 5 tds

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

He’s a heck of a back.
I’ve watched him last year and this year, he’s improved a lot over the past year.

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

waiting on on the staff to put in the official stats on https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/34758/Troj ... l/schedule
was at 150-1636 , 363 would put him at 1999 , they normally put the official stats up tuesday or weds

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:05 pm 39 carries 363 yards, 5 tds
Wow, so last 2 weeks combined he's got around 700 plus rushing. LOL.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

A BIG congratulations to the Trojans and the coaching staff on the win......it was clearly the best game Portsmouth has played this season. The defensive game plan and execution of that plan was outstanding. I said going into the game that the Trojans had to put pressure on Lambiotte, and they did just that. Time after time they made him run around in the pocket, hurry throws, and they had about half a dozen sacks. Brian Knipp (#28) had a huge game for PHS, as did Eric Purdy (#9). Knipp accounted for most of the sacks from his end position. Lambiotte was the best passing QB the Trojans have faced this season,and despite the harassing defense he faced, still went 15-30 for over 200 yards. His stats would have been better if not for several drops, but he was on target with a lot of his throws. He can play college ball for someone, no doubt. The kid has a strong arm and is very mobile.

Talyn Parker once again carried the Trojans' offense on his back and with his legs, going for 363 yards (?) on 39 carries. The Dragons knew what was coming, but with Talyn, he will break a long one eventually if he gets enough carries. I said it before and I'll say it again, he is more valuable to his team than any other player in the SE district. Without him, PHS would be very fortunate to have any wins at all.

Although the Trojans only completed 2 passes, throwing out to the flat both times, they went for good yardage. Going forward, it will be critical that Portsmouth can complete some passes on 3rd and long situations, because in reality Talyn Parker simply can't do everything.

I just heard this morning on the radio that the Trojans are unofficially 8th in the region after last night's win. The playoffs are there for the taking if PHS can win out, given that Ironton @ Portsmouth will be a big computer points game. If the Trojans can play the last 2 weeks like they did last night, a 7-3 season is very possible, with another game in week 11.

GO TROJANS!! 2 GAMES (WINS) TO GO FOR A POSSIBLE PLAYOFF BERTH!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’m stunned by this game. I didn’t expect the low score and the defense Portsmouth brought. Perfect game plan for lambiotte. I seen Parker’s stats and didn’t think he got that much. 41 carries or 39. Im not sure we can hand off that many times every game. But if it’s working and Parker can handle it keep going. My plan of attack would be too play a little bit Friday and rest all your key players. Ironton is a must win and you can not risk a injury Friday. Ironton game we will have to bring our best game of the year. And running will not be enough. We jumped 5 spots and right now setting at number 8. 7 seed has to hard games left. West and minford may lose there last 2. If we finish 8 we will be making the 10 mile drive to wheelersburg. Proud of the kids. All of them starters to kids who never play. Each kid brings something to the table for our team. We have a easy week and then it’s for everything week 10.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth 35 Fairland 20

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth 35 Fairland 20

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”