Region 11 Playoff Watch

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Region 11 Playoff Watch

Post by ironman02 »

I think Athens is gonna have a hard time staying ahead of DeSales unless almost everything goes perfectly for them.

Athens has very little chance of staying ahead of Jackson if the Ironmen finish 7-3.

Definitely a lot of different scenarios at play though.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

For Jackson, I am basically giving them credit for a Gallia Academy win and I think it's likely that WCH beats Trace. The only other win I'm projecting them to receive is Fairfield Union over 1-8 Liberty Union. Would be nice if Wellston beats Vinton County, but I'm not counting on that.

IF Jackson beats Chillicothe, and they get the three wins I mentioned above, I think they'll finish at around 20.7 which should put them in, and in as the #7 seed I would think.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

If DeSales beats Watterson which they should and Lancaster D1 beats Reynoldsburg who has 1 loss right now in D1 they should be in and Athens out.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:22 am If DeSales beats Watterson which they should and Lancaster D1 beats Reynoldsburg who has 1 loss right now in D1 they should be in and Athens out.
Right. Lancaster is playing VERY well right now, but their game against Reynoldsburg is a huge key for Athens. Lancaster wins that game, it probably means DeSales jumps Athens. If they lose, then Athens has some hope.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Idk Desales divisor for L2. I used 98 and had them at 18.3 with Lancaster winning. I had Dunbar and St Chucks losing. I had Belmont winning

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:07 am Athens is at 18.03 at worst.
19.5 if Logan, South, and RV win
Logan and South are not winning.
But River Valley can definitely win.

Funny if an (0-9) team wins their first game of the year and is enough to propel Athens into the playoffs. lol

... And they don't play until Saturday night. Grrrreat

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Well I’d like South to win. That’s D2 points. Looks like a toss up game. Logan will probably find a way to lose. Be funny if an 0-9 team vs a D7 team decides the seeds

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Desales should kill a bad Watterson team
L1 36
L2 133.5

Belmont will beat a D4 team plus 5
Hartley will kill St Chucks
Dunbar plays Thurgood Marshall D3. Toss up game 5.5
Lancaster vs Reynoldsburg plus 6.5

All of those wins are 18.8

Here’s an interesting one. Terre Haute North Vigo IN plays D1 Terre Haute south Vigo IN. It’s a playoff game. Idk if playoff games would count towards Ohio since it’s outside of the season
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I hope Athens and Jackson both get in.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Joe Eitel has DeSales with a 99 L2 final divisor, but maybe that's not updated through the full season.

It's my understanding that North Vigo's playoff game would not count, but again, not completely sure. Stuff like that makes it a little difficult to do projections.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:59 am Joe Eitel has DeSales with a 99 L2 final divisor, but maybe that's not updated through the full season.

It's my understanding that North Vigo's playoff game would not count, but again, not completely sure. Stuff like that makes it a little difficult to do projections.
Someone on Yappi said Terre North vs Terre South in the playoffs counts towards Desales. That’s considered D1 points

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Of course Dunbar beats Thurgood Marshall. Big for DeSales

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:27 am I hope Athens and Jackson both get in.
Not gonna happen.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

“I believe this will count, but I will double check Monday. It used to be that it would only count if it was considered a first round tournament game, but I believe they modified the wording a year or two ago so that it will count if it is the first tournament game for the team in question (regardless of round #). Again, I need to re-read the tournament regulations and double check with OHSAA just to be safe.

Thanks,
Joe”

I’m trying to get one of Desales big games to not count since it’s technically round two of the playoffs. Ohsaa counts out of state playoff games if their FIRST playoff game is before our deadline. Technically Terre North had a bye for their first playoff game. That’s D1 points

#FightingForRegion11

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:59 am Logan will probably find a way to lose.
"find a way to lose."

Waverly is 8-1 and beat Fairland by two touchdowns. They are better than Athens.

Logan is 1-8 for a reason. Yes, they have played better for a few weeks - but haven't held a lead in a game since beating Meigs in week 3.

They aren't "finding" ways to lose. They are just losing to better teams.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

So in my opinion, Hartley is the Favorite to win this region...But, does anyone see an upset? Right now the top 6 seeds look to be a lock for the playoffs. Can any of those teams beat Hartley in your opinion? I dont know much about the Columbus area schools.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

veer wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:03 pm So in my opinion, Hartley is the Favorite to win this region...But, does anyone see an upset? Right now the top 6 seeds look to be a lock for the playoffs. Can any of those teams beat Hartley in your opinion? I dont know much about the Columbus area schools.
Hartley is best in this region. DeSales is probably 2nd best team but probably won't make it and Hartley beat them 28-14 albeit it was 21-14 late in 4th when DeSales had a turnover that Hartley scored on in last couple of minutes. Eastmoor has city athletes but no discipline, Bellbrook is on the southeast side of Dayton and haven't played a good schedule and Sheridan is Sheridan, big ole tough country boys but "skilled " position athletes give them lots of problems. Granville does well in the LCL yearly but IMO are soft on defense and throw the ball a lot for that league but it won't work against playoff caliber teams. These are just my 2 cents worth of opinions.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:09 pm Hartley is best in this region. DeSales is probably 2nd best team but probably won't make it and Hartley beat them 28-14 albeit it was 21-14 late in 4th when DeSales had a turnover that Hartley scored on in last couple of minutes. Eastmoor has city athletes but no discipline, Bellbrook is on the southeast side of Dayton and haven't played a good schedule and Sheridan is Sheridan, big ole tough country boys but "skilled " position athletes give them lots of problems. Granville does well in the LCL yearly but IMO are soft on defense and throw the ball a lot for that league but it won't work against playoff caliber teams. These are just my 2 cents worth of opinions.
I think there are a lot of generalities and stereotypes here.

FWIW - I agree with the conclusion - probably NO ONE is beating Hartley in this regoin.

1) Eastmoor is more than just "athletes" - and to say they have "no discipline" is a bad stereotype. Eastmoor is year in and year out one of the top programs in the City League - and at the top end City League teams are very good. At the bottom end? Pretty bad. But that describes about every league in SE Ohio.

2) I don't know anything about Bellbrook.

3) Sheridan isn't just "big ole tough country boys" anymore - in fact - they're as athletic as anyone in SE Ohio. They throw it more than they run it. The quarterback is athletic and the receivers are very good. Defense is quick and in your face. They held "athletic" Tri-Valley - to 13 points in regulation.

4) Granville played a pretty tough non-league schedule - Hamilton Twp, Zanesville, and Northland. Northland is going to finish 8-2 with their two losses coming by a total of four points by teams with three losses combined. Johnstown is one of the most physical "small" school teams in central Ohio and the Blue Aces held their own. They also beat down good Licking Hts and Licking Valley teams in their leagues. Licking Valley is no "soft" football team.

Granville has two rushers with over 800 yards rushing while throwing for 1443 yards. Pre-Buttermore, you're probably right about them but "soft" doesn't describe an offense Buttermore runs.

DeSales could have been a contender here - but since losing their quarterback a month ago to a season ending injury they probably don't have enough anymore to get over the hump against Hartley even though they played the Hawks so tough the first time around.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm disappointed you didnt add Athens, Locos.
#hater

Lol

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:34 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:09 pm Hartley is best in this region. DeSales is probably 2nd best team but probably won't make it and Hartley beat them 28-14 albeit it was 21-14 late in 4th when DeSales had a turnover that Hartley scored on in last couple of minutes. Eastmoor has city athletes but no discipline, Bellbrook is on the southeast side of Dayton and haven't played a good schedule and Sheridan is Sheridan, big ole tough country boys but "skilled " position athletes give them lots of problems. Granville does well in the LCL yearly but IMO are soft on defense and throw the ball a lot for that league but it won't work against playoff caliber teams. These are just my 2 cents worth of opinions.
I think there are a lot of generalities and stereotypes here.

FWIW - I agree with the conclusion - probably NO ONE is beating Hartley in this regoin.

1) Eastmoor is more than just "athletes" - and to say they have "no discipline" is a bad stereotype. Eastmoor is year in and year out one of the top programs in the City League - and at the top end City League teams are very good. At the bottom end? Pretty bad. But that describes about every league in SE Ohio.

2) I don't know anything about Bellbrook.

3) Sheridan isn't just "big ole tough country boys" anymore - in fact - they're as athletic as anyone in SE Ohio. They throw it more than they run it. The quarterback is athletic and the receivers are very good. Defense is quick and in your face. They held "athletic" Tri-Valley - to 13 points in regulation.

4) Granville played a pretty tough non-league schedule - Hamilton Twp, Zanesville, and Northland. Northland is going to finish 8-2 with their two losses coming by a total of four points by teams with three losses combined. Johnstown is one of the most physical "small" school teams in central Ohio and the Blue Aces held their own. They also beat down good Licking Hts and Licking Valley teams in their leagues. Licking Valley is no "soft" football team.

Granville has two rushers with over 800 yards rushing while throwing for 1443 yards. Pre-Buttermore, you're probably right about them but "soft" doesn't describe an offense Buttermore runs.

DeSales could have been a contender here - but since losing their quarterback a month ago to a season ending injury they probably don't have enough anymore to get over the hump against Hartley even though they played the Hawks so tough the first time around.
1.) Independence drilled Jackson by 25 last year then Hartley drilled Independence by 30 in the playoffs. City schools don't like physicality.
3.)John Glenn held Tri Valley to 7 points after that and they're not a world beater.
4.)HT and Z'ville are essentially .500 teams and Northland bigger city league team. Licking Hts.
always starts out good then fades and Licking Valley isn't the teams of old.

We'll see what shakes out after next week. :D

Return to “Football”