Wheelersburg 49 Minford 0

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by footballelite »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm The way it is, excuse me, is Crabtree has a nice resume and has done more with less for 20 plus years. How many coaches can say that in the soc? They've been relevant for a long time. Minford, um, hasn't. Just the way it is.....
No not really. And I watched that West vs Valley game. Valley looked extremely soft and there was no effort on their part. If Minford gets semi healthy they can beat Waverly and throttle Valley. That's just the way it is.

As far as Burg vs Minford: Burg is better regardless how many injuries there are. I have watched Burg twice this year and they arent as good as last year, but still very good. If Minford can make a game out of it I will be impressed.

Minford can very well go 8-2 and host week 11 if they regroup and get healthier.
Interesting, I talked to a Burg coach over the weekend. I asked him what he thought of this year's Burg team. He said, at this point in the year they are better than last year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

too much burg to handle all night

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

footballelite wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 am
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm The way it is, excuse me, is Crabtree has a nice resume and has done more with less for 20 plus years. How many coaches can say that in the soc? They've been relevant for a long time. Minford, um, hasn't. Just the way it is.....
No not really. And I watched that West vs Valley game. Valley looked extremely soft and there was no effort on their part. If Minford gets semi healthy they can beat Waverly and throttle Valley. That's just the way it is.

As far as Burg vs Minford: Burg is better regardless how many injuries there are. I have watched Burg twice this year and they arent as good as last year, but still very good. If Minford can make a game out of it I will be impressed.

Minford can very well go 8-2 and host week 11 if they regroup and get healthier.
Interesting, I talked to a Burg coach over the weekend. I asked him what he thought of this year's Burg team. He said, at this point in the year they are better than last year.
Burg is the cream of the crop in Southern Ohio. No doubt about it.

But I watch Ironton run it down their throat and I saw Jackson move the ball pretty successfully against them too. That being said, I dont think they are on the same level as they were last year.

Still very good nonetheless.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am

But I watch Ironton run it down their throat and I saw Jackson move the ball pretty successfully against them too. That being said, I dont think they are on the same level as they were last year.

Yea. Ironton was week 1 and to be honest, didn’t do a bad job. They held Ironton in check on the ground all night. Ironton really only had one drive that sustained more the 3-5 plays. That was in the early fourth quarter.

Jackson did move the ball pretty well against us. But they are also a fairly good ball club. That’s to be expected.

I think they still have some things to work on. But their talent alone will carry them to week 13 fairly easily.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am

Ironton ran it down their throat? They Had 6points... and Jackson had 101 yards..... I’m not saying 2018 burg is better than 2017. However, they are right with them.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I think with the players that are injured for Minford I don't think that they will be able to keep up with the berg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

This burg team does not tackle anywhere near as well as last years team. D is still pretty good. Offense is pretty on par with the 17 team.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't know whether or not they are as good as last year or not. I can't remember his last name ( Car----- ), But he may have played Linebacker, he may have been a running back in short yardage, and he may have even been your punter. I didn't see him play that many times, but I thought it was very hard to run the ball up the middle against the Burg with him in the middle.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:26 am I don't know whether or not they are as good as last year or not. I can't remember his last name ( Car----- ), But he may have played Linebacker, he may have been a running back in short yardage, and he may have even been your punter. I didn't see him play that many times, but I thought it was very hard to run the ball up the middle against the Burg with him in the middle.
I agree. I believe it was Carmichael. I think they are missing him some this year. I know it was very minimal, but what little success Waverly was able to find on offense was by running the ball up the middle. They are still a very solid team across the board, but if you want to pinpoint a "weaker" area for burg I would say the interior of the D.

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

DA BURG! Burg is on a different level than teams from around here and I think they proved that last Friday night against Waverly.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg is not as good as last year but look at what you are comparing them to. The first team to win a state title around here in 28 years. Pretty rare air if you ask me. That being said, they're pretty good this year but have lots to work on before playoffs start. They won't look as sharp the next 2 week's because they'll be working on things during the games. Plus, the next 2 week's they may be looking ahead a bit. They finally got into conference play so they get a break after that non conference schedule.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg is talented enough to win state. They have two D1 players on their team. Good coaching, and a tough QB.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm Burg is talented enough to win state. They have two D1 players on their team. Good coaching, and a tough QB.
Yes. Talented ☑️ Coaching☑️ Attitude❓I think they are missing the killer instinct.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm Burg is talented enough to win state. They have two D1 players on their team. Good coaching, and a tough QB.

I know Holden is 1 of the D1 players, just curious, who is the other one?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

fbnut wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:33 am This burg team does not tackle anywhere near as well as last years team. D is still pretty good. Offense is pretty on par with the 17 team.
I agree last years team was probably the best tackling team I’ve seen in awhile if not at all.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:15 am

Matthews is a junior and he’s in the discussion.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Just an outsider looking in. If you say Holden is a D-I why doesn’t he get the ball more? And making big plays. At 6’6 he should be the go to guy with the little Dbacks around here. I watched him twice this year and he doesn’t look the same. He was held in check on both games I watched except the trick play at waverly. He is a great kid and had OSU looking last year but didn’t want no part of it after visiting. I know he wants to go basketball. I know burg spreads the ball around and shares the pigskin a lot. I just liked watching him last year faking players out and going the distance like he should with size and speed. Does teams do anything different to stop him this year?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am

Wobycat, why doesn’t Mathew run more out of the backfield? He is strong built for a back and has break away speed. 20 starts and has a big brace and I don’t think he has that speed.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14U wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 am Just an outsider looking in. If you say Holden is a D-I why doesn’t he get the ball more? And making big plays. At 6’6 he should be the go to guy with the little Dbacks around here. I watched him twice this year and he doesn’t look the same. He was held in check on both games I watched except the trick play at waverly. He is a great kid and had OSU looking last year but didn’t want no part of it after visiting. I know he wants to go basketball. I know burg spreads the ball around and shares the pigskin a lot. I just liked watching him last year faking players out and going the distance like he should with size and speed. Does teams do anything different to stop him this year?
That goes right along with my killer instinct comment.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14U wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am

Wobycat, why doesn’t Mathew run more out of the backfield? He is strong built for a back and has break away speed. 20 starts and has a big brace and I don’t think he has that speed.
I heard he is finally fully healthy. They are introducing him in the backfield more. He is dangerous at any spot on the field. Good luck catching him. Give him a step and he’s gone.

Return to “Football”