Wheelersburg 49 Minford 0

footballelite
Waterboy
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:58 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by footballelite » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 am

Bleeding Red wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm
packers80 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm
The way it is, excuse me, is Crabtree has a nice resume and has done more with less for 20 plus years. How many coaches can say that in the soc? They've been relevant for a long time. Minford, um, hasn't. Just the way it is.....
No not really. And I watched that West vs Valley game. Valley looked extremely soft and there was no effort on their part. If Minford gets semi healthy they can beat Waverly and throttle Valley. That's just the way it is.

As far as Burg vs Minford: Burg is better regardless how many injuries there are. I have watched Burg twice this year and they arent as good as last year, but still very good. If Minford can make a game out of it I will be impressed.

Minford can very well go 8-2 and host week 11 if they regroup and get healthier.
Interesting, I talked to a Burg coach over the weekend. I asked him what he thought of this year's Burg team. He said, at this point in the year they are better than last year.



countywide35
All Conference
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by countywide35 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:17 am

too much burg to handle all night



Bleeding Red
SEOP
Posts: 4892
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by Bleeding Red » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am

footballelite wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 am
Bleeding Red wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm
packers80 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm
The way it is, excuse me, is Crabtree has a nice resume and has done more with less for 20 plus years. How many coaches can say that in the soc? They've been relevant for a long time. Minford, um, hasn't. Just the way it is.....
No not really. And I watched that West vs Valley game. Valley looked extremely soft and there was no effort on their part. If Minford gets semi healthy they can beat Waverly and throttle Valley. That's just the way it is.

As far as Burg vs Minford: Burg is better regardless how many injuries there are. I have watched Burg twice this year and they arent as good as last year, but still very good. If Minford can make a game out of it I will be impressed.

Minford can very well go 8-2 and host week 11 if they regroup and get healthier.
Interesting, I talked to a Burg coach over the weekend. I asked him what he thought of this year's Burg team. He said, at this point in the year they are better than last year.
Burg is the cream of the crop in Southern Ohio. No doubt about it.

But I watch Ironton run it down their throat and I saw Jackson move the ball pretty successfully against them too. That being said, I dont think they are on the same level as they were last year.

Still very good nonetheless.



Jolly P(irate)
SEOP
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:35 am

Bleeding Red wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am
footballelite wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 am
Bleeding Red wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm


No not really. And I watched that West vs Valley game. Valley looked extremely soft and there was no effort on their part. If Minford gets semi healthy they can beat Waverly and throttle Valley. That's just the way it is.

As far as Burg vs Minford: Burg is better regardless how many injuries there are. I have watched Burg twice this year and they arent as good as last year, but still very good. If Minford can make a game out of it I will be impressed.

Minford can very well go 8-2 and host week 11 if they regroup and get healthier.
Interesting, I talked to a Burg coach over the weekend. I asked him what he thought of this year's Burg team. He said, at this point in the year they are better than last year.
Burg is the cream of the crop in Southern Ohio. No doubt about it.

But I watch Ironton run it down their throat and I saw Jackson move the ball pretty successfully against them too. That being said, I dont think they are on the same level as they were last year.

Still very good nonetheless.
Yea. Ironton was week 1 and to be honest, didn’t do a bad job. They held Ironton in check on the ground all night. Ironton really only had one drive that sustained more the 3-5 plays. That was in the early fourth quarter.

Jackson did move the ball pretty well against us. But they are also a fairly good ball club. That’s to be expected.

I think they still have some things to work on. But their talent alone will carry them to week 13 fairly easily.



BurgGrad6
SE
Posts: 2386
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: The Burg

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by BurgGrad6 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:37 am

Bleeding Red wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am
footballelite wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 am
Bleeding Red wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm


No not really. And I watched that West vs Valley game. Valley looked extremely soft and there was no effort on their part. If Minford gets semi healthy they can beat Waverly and throttle Valley. That's just the way it is.

As far as Burg vs Minford: Burg is better regardless how many injuries there are. I have watched Burg twice this year and they arent as good as last year, but still very good. If Minford can make a game out of it I will be impressed.

Minford can very well go 8-2 and host week 11 if they regroup and get healthier.
Interesting, I talked to a Burg coach over the weekend. I asked him what he thought of this year's Burg team. He said, at this point in the year they are better than last year.
Burg is the cream of the crop in Southern Ohio. No doubt about it.

But I watch Ironton run it down their throat and I saw Jackson move the ball pretty successfully against them too. That being said, I dont think they are on the same level as they were last year.

Still very good nonetheless.
Ironton ran it down their throat? They Had 6points... and Jackson had 101 yards..... I’m not saying 2018 burg is better than 2017. However, they are right with them.



Reds Fan
Freshman Team
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by Reds Fan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 am

I think with the players that are injured for Minford I don't think that they will be able to keep up with the berg.



fbnut
S
Posts: 1908
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by fbnut » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:33 am

This burg team does not tackle anywhere near as well as last years team. D is still pretty good. Offense is pretty on par with the 17 team.



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by VetteMan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:26 am

I don't know whether or not they are as good as last year or not. I can't remember his last name ( Car----- ), But he may have played Linebacker, he may have been a running back in short yardage, and he may have even been your punter. I didn't see him play that many times, but I thought it was very hard to run the ball up the middle against the Burg with him in the middle.



MasterOfNone
Freshman Team
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by MasterOfNone » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:38 am

VetteMan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:26 am
I don't know whether or not they are as good as last year or not. I can't remember his last name ( Car----- ), But he may have played Linebacker, he may have been a running back in short yardage, and he may have even been your punter. I didn't see him play that many times, but I thought it was very hard to run the ball up the middle against the Burg with him in the middle.
I agree. I believe it was Carmichael. I think they are missing him some this year. I know it was very minimal, but what little success Waverly was able to find on offense was by running the ball up the middle. They are still a very solid team across the board, but if you want to pinpoint a "weaker" area for burg I would say the interior of the D.



sportsjunky22
Waterboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:08 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by sportsjunky22 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am

DA BURG! Burg is on a different level than teams from around here and I think they proved that last Friday night against Waverly.



packers80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by packers80 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:48 pm

Burg is not as good as last year but look at what you are comparing them to. The first team to win a state title around here in 28 years. Pretty rare air if you ask me. That being said, they're pretty good this year but have lots to work on before playoffs start. They won't look as sharp the next 2 week's because they'll be working on things during the games. Plus, the next 2 week's they may be looking ahead a bit. They finally got into conference play so they get a break after that non conference schedule.


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

wobycat
SE
Posts: 2108
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by wobycat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Burg is talented enough to win state. They have two D1 players on their team. Good coaching, and a tough QB.



Jolly P(irate)
SEOP
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:50 pm

wobycat wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Burg is talented enough to win state. They have two D1 players on their team. Good coaching, and a tough QB.
Yes. Talented ☑️ Coaching☑️ Attitude❓I think they are missing the killer instinct.



VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:15 am

wobycat wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Burg is talented enough to win state. They have two D1 players on their team. Good coaching, and a tough QB.


I know Holden is 1 of the D1 players, just curious, who is the other one?



14U
All Conference
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by 14U » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 am

fbnut wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:33 am
This burg team does not tackle anywhere near as well as last years team. D is still pretty good. Offense is pretty on par with the 17 team.
I agree last years team was probably the best tackling team I’ve seen in awhile if not at all.



wobycat
SE
Posts: 2108
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by wobycat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:15 am
wobycat wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Burg is talented enough to win state. They have two D1 players on their team. Good coaching, and a tough QB.


I know Holden is 1 of the D1 players, just curious, who is the other one?
Matthews is a junior and he’s in the discussion.



14U
All Conference
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by 14U » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 am

Just an outsider looking in. If you say Holden is a D-I why doesn’t he get the ball more? And making big plays. At 6’6 he should be the go to guy with the little Dbacks around here. I watched him twice this year and he doesn’t look the same. He was held in check on both games I watched except the trick play at waverly. He is a great kid and had OSU looking last year but didn’t want no part of it after visiting. I know he wants to go basketball. I know burg spreads the ball around and shares the pigskin a lot. I just liked watching him last year faking players out and going the distance like he should with size and speed. Does teams do anything different to stop him this year?



14U
All Conference
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by 14U » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 am

wobycat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am
VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:15 am
wobycat wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Burg is talented enough to win state. They have two D1 players on their team. Good coaching, and a tough QB.


I know Holden is 1 of the D1 players, just curious, who is the other one?
Matthews is a junior and he’s in the discussion.
Wobycat, why doesn’t Mathew run more out of the backfield? He is strong built for a back and has break away speed. 20 starts and has a big brace and I don’t think he has that speed.



Jolly P(irate)
SEOP
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:01 am

14U wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 am
Just an outsider looking in. If you say Holden is a D-I why doesn’t he get the ball more? And making big plays. At 6’6 he should be the go to guy with the little Dbacks around here. I watched him twice this year and he doesn’t look the same. He was held in check on both games I watched except the trick play at waverly. He is a great kid and had OSU looking last year but didn’t want no part of it after visiting. I know he wants to go basketball. I know burg spreads the ball around and shares the pigskin a lot. I just liked watching him last year faking players out and going the distance like he should with size and speed. Does teams do anything different to stop him this year?
That goes right along with my killer instinct comment.



Jolly P(irate)
SEOP
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 am

14U wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 am
wobycat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am
VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:15 am




I know Holden is 1 of the D1 players, just curious, who is the other one?
Matthews is a junior and he’s in the discussion.
Wobycat, why doesn’t Mathew run more out of the backfield? He is strong built for a back and has break away speed. 20 starts and has a big brace and I don’t think he has that speed.
I heard he is finally fully healthy. They are introducing him in the backfield more. He is dangerous at any spot on the field. Good luck catching him. Give him a step and he’s gone.



14U
All Conference
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by 14U » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:09 am

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 am
14U wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 am
wobycat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am


Matthews is a junior and he’s in the discussion.
Wobycat, why doesn’t Mathew run more out of the backfield? He is strong built for a back and has break away speed. 20 starts and has a big brace and I don’t think he has that speed.
I heard he is finally fully healthy. They are introducing him in the backfield more. He is dangerous at any spot on the field. Good luck catching him. Give him a step and he’s gone.
Thanks for the info. Didn’t know Mathews was hurt and yes he can fly!! Me and others were talking about why he wasn’t running. He is a threat each time he touches the ball



Jolly P(irate)
SEOP
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:18 am

14U wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:09 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 am
14U wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 am


Wobycat, why doesn’t Mathew run more out of the backfield? He is strong built for a back and has break away speed. 20 starts and has a big brace and I don’t think he has that speed.
I heard he is finally fully healthy. They are introducing him in the backfield more. He is dangerous at any spot on the field. Good luck catching him. Give him a step and he’s gone.
Thanks for the info. Didn’t know Mathews was hurt and yes he can fly!! Me and others were talking about why he wasn’t running. He is a threat each time he touches the ball
I don’t know if it has been the same hip problem he was having his freshman and sophomore year, but it seems to be the case.



packers80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by packers80 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:19 am

He's had a couple nagging injuries that have cleared up finally. He's fast and powerful in his upper body, benches close to 250. A lot going for the youngster, he's an honors student as well.


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

wobycat
SE
Posts: 2108
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by wobycat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 am

14U wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 am
Just an outsider looking in. If you say Holden is a D-I why doesn’t he get the ball more? And making big plays. At 6’6 he should be the go to guy with the little Dbacks around here. I watched him twice this year and he doesn’t look the same. He was held in check on both games I watched except the trick play at waverly. He is a great kid and had OSU looking last year but didn’t want no part of it after visiting. I know he wants to go basketball. I know burg spreads the ball around and shares the pigskin a lot. I just liked watching him last year faking players out and going the distance like he should with size and speed. Does teams do anything different to stop him this year?
He gets double teamed about everytime. In some sort of way. Plus burg has other playmakers so no need him to get beat up but he’s 100% legit Big school D1. I don’t think Matthews is. I see him at an OU type school or EKU. 1Aa

I believe Holden’s also looking at a basketball scholarship so he may not be asked to do that much as far as running up some statistics.



packers80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by packers80 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:33 am

Matthews and others benefit just by Holden being on the field because he draws extra defenders nearly every play.


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Post Reply