Region 19 Playoff Watch

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Region 19

Post by VetteMan »

You may be right, I don't know. What kind of record did the Ashland,Ky. end up with?

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Ashland is 9-0 and ranked #1 in state in 4A... Ironton also gave Burg one of its tougher games. They started the game out terrible and battled back. Also, can you tell me just how good Gallia strength of schedule is and the teams they have beaten with winning records. Bottom line is, 6-2 Minford beat Rock Hill 27-20. 6-2 west beat Coal Grove 21-14. All these teams are similar. Ironton is young and improving every time out and will be a tough out for anyone. Just ask Burg and Ashland.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I understand ironton is improving everytine out but don’t you realize the same is true of the blue devils.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

SVAC

I can tell you what insiders that wear whistles at practice for recent GA opponents think about this game but you aren’t going to like it. 😘

E High
All State

Post by E High »

May be weakest region in the state. Top 2-3 are pretty good. Rest are garbage.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 pm You may be right, I don't know. What kind of record did the Ashland,Ky. end up with?
Ashland lost their last game of season tonight. So, Ironton lost to Ashland 9-1 by one point. Burg 8-1, & Gallia 8-1.

Ironton best Russell 6-3
FairLand 5-4
Chesapeake. 5-4
South point. 0-9
Rock hill. 2-7
Coal grove. 4-5

Portsmouth is left 6-3. Whomever wins, qualifies in their region. A ton at stake!

It’s at Portsmouth and will be a hard task for Ironton, who is young and banged up.

I think region 19 is the weaker of all 4.

Regions in order of strength:

The Gallia /Ironton game was great to listen to, however, lack of D has me wondering how either will fare in playoffs. Gallia is big and physical. Lots of backfield talent. In irontons latest games, prior to Gallia, ihs was stymied on offense more than tonight against Gallia. Ihs will continue to improve as long as they stay /get healthy!!!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Region 19 Playoff Watch

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I think 18 is the deepest region for sure, but not sure if there is an elite team in it.
Region 20 has two top 5 teams not much after that
Region 19 has one top 5 team and some teams that have name recognition (Amanda, Meadowbrook, Ironton, Martins Ferry) then two teams that are a year away (Ridgewood/Bellaire).
I'd say Region 17 is the weakest.
I think the winner of Burg/Madison vs. Johnstown in the state title game is what I'm rooting for. I'm hoping 19 vs. 17 and 18 vs. 20 in the F4.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:12 am I think 18 is the deepest region for sure, but not sure if there is an elite team in it.
Region 19 has one top 5 team and some teams that have name recognition (Amanda, Meadowbrook, Ironton, Martins Ferry) then two teams that are a year away (Ridgewood/Bellaire).
I think the winner of Burg/Madison vs. Johnstown in the state title game is what I'm rooting for. I'm hoping 19 vs. 17 and 18 vs. 20 in the F4.
Good assessment. Will be interesting to see how the OHSAA assigns matchups of final four after restructuring of divisions. Depending on who wins. The scioto teams to 20 really caught me off guard. It is what it is.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:37 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:12 pm Ironton will get exposed in the playoffs
No shame in that. What a kid in his mid 20s is doing as head coach is amazing. I think even the Ironton fans will admit they are light years ahead of the progression they expected.
amen friend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

packers80 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:58 pm ironton has one win this year against a team with a winning record. russell, kentucky at 5-3.
why the hate , I don't get it. seems folks would be happy with the efforts of the fighting tigers and their staff. they are certainly ahead of schedule, and extremely young.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:23 am
packers80 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:58 pm ironton has one win this year against a team with a winning record. russell, kentucky at 5-3.
why the hate , I don't get it. seems folks would be happy with the efforts of the fighting tigers and their staff. they are certainly ahead of schedule, and extremely young.
Hate is from insecurity of oneself and experiences inflicted personally, that are not internalized healthily by an individual. Now, this is not a psychological definition or thesis level evaluation of hate/hating.

BUT, I think it’ll do for the topic at hand.

Because of what has not been healthily digested and taken personally, obviously expressed anonymously and behind a keyboard, I think it’s safe to say this poster, has sat in the away sides at tanks memorial stadium during regular season games, probably during first round playoff games, and tnen it stops there.

Just enough to trigger the answer to your question bait!

Also, the fear of what is happening and what’s to come. I’m sure if Packers80 gets back to the tank, they could easily have a better experience by at least arriving early and sitting under the roof, while their are still seats available!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

There is a slight mathematical chance that Ironton can slip to number 9 if they were to lose to Portsmouth but a lot would have to happen. Ironton is in the playoffs but it looks like they will travel first round even if they beat Portsmouth. I think Amanda and Bellaire will win which will shift meadowbrook and Ironton in the bottom four. The sleeper in this region is Academy. If they get in, they will be a tough out. This region is tough.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 pm Ashland is 9-0 and ranked #1 in state in 4A... Ironton also gave Burg one of its tougher games. They started the game out terrible and battled back. Also, can you tell me just how good Gallia strength of schedule is and the teams they have beaten with winning records. Bottom line is, 6-2 Minford beat Rock Hill 27-20. 6-2 west beat Coal Grove 21-14. All these teams are similar. Ironton is young and improving every time out and will be a tough out for anyone. Just ask Burg and Ashland.
Ask us what? Ironton could not move the ball on Burg. So yea. I guess you have improved after week 1.

UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

Coming down to the wire in eeek 10. Only thing set in stone is Johnstown with the 1 seed

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:12 am I think 18 is the deepest region for sure, but not sure if there is an elite team in it.
That won’t happen. It will be 17&8 19&20. It only makes sense geographically.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Johnstown is always good but their one demensional 90% run offense (veer/bone) catches up to them usually by week 12, max 13 . Hard nosed kids but size and multi-faceted offenses have been their downfall in previous years.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Anna is an elite team in 18. Wins over Coldwater, and St Henry and only losses to Marion Locan and D3 big boy Bishop Fenwick who is 7-2.

I'd keep an eye on the Rockets.

Return to “Football”