Deep playoff contenders

Post Reply
23tdb
Riding the Bench
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:08 am

Deep playoff contenders

Post by 23tdb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am

What teams in SEO could make a deep run in the playoffs?



Chillifan123
Waterboy
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Chillifan123 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 am

I have been taking a deep look into region 8, Granted Chillicothe wins out and makes the playoffs, I think they will get a home game and could potentially make a good playoff run, I think the most dangerous team in the region is Winton woods, just like last year, but as it looks they will be a high seed as well if they win out, but they play 2 very good teams (5-2 Desales and 6-1 Moeller) Chillicothe is playing very well at the right time.



enigmaax
Varsity
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by enigmaax » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:52 am

Chillifan123 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 am
I have been taking a deep look into region 8, Granted Chillicothe wins out and makes the playoffs, I think they will get a home game and could potentially make a good playoff run, I think the most dangerous team in the region is Winton woods, just like last year, but as it looks they will be a high seed as well if they win out, but they play 2 very good teams (5-2 Desales and 6-1 Moeller) Chillicothe is playing very well at the right time.
Wouldn’t “the right time” be in a couple weeks, like the big season ending matchup and into the playoffs?



Chillifan123
Waterboy
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Chillifan123 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 am

enigmaax wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:52 am
Chillifan123 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 am
I have been taking a deep look into region 8, Granted Chillicothe wins out and makes the playoffs, I think they will get a home game and could potentially make a good playoff run, I think the most dangerous team in the region is Winton woods, just like last year, but as it looks they will be a high seed as well if they win out, but they play 2 very good teams (5-2 Desales and 6-1 Moeller) Chillicothe is playing very well at the right time.
Wouldn’t “the right time” be in a couple weeks, like the big season ending matchup and into the playoffs?
yes, but it helps to have lots of confidence and momentum going into those weeks.



Frank Reagan
Varsity
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:07 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Frank Reagan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 am

Wheelersburg


Doing the right thing is rarely easy.

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Happy McGavin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 am

Wheelersburg and Trimble


The 9th green at 9

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3564
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am

Burg / Madison will decide 20
Trimble / Lucas will decide 27 (Lucas has brutal schedule the next 2 weeks with bigger schools)
Gallipolis could win one in 15 with right draw (not St. Clairsville in 1st game)
Ironton could win a couple in 19 ( they don't want Bellaire in 1st game)


"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Kicker.
JV Team
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Kicker. » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:54 am

Burg Trimble and a sleeper pick right now I think is Paint Valley


A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

outerbanksjake
JV Team
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by outerbanksjake » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm

What is the definition of " deep playoff run " ? Mine is Regional Finals.



Rolltanks
JV Team
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Rolltanks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:06 pm

2nd burg Trimble and paint valley with burg being the only title contender



Older bird
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Older bird » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Trimble plays n week 13. At that point it’s a toss up depending on matchups



FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3564
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 pm

outerbanksjake wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm
What is the definition of " deep playoff run " ? Mine is Regional Finals.
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am
Burg / Madison will decide 20
Trimble / Lucas will decide 27 (Lucas has brutal schedule the next 2 weeks with bigger schools)
Gallipolis could win one in 15 with right draw (not St. Clairsville in 1st game)
Ironton could win a couple in 19 ( they don't want Bellaire in 1st game)
Ok, mine reduced to:
Burg/Madison (Madison wins 20)
Trimble/Lucas (Lucas wins 27)


"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6749
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Trimble, Fort Frye, and Burg



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 pm

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 pm
outerbanksjake wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm
What is the definition of " deep playoff run " ? Mine is Regional Finals.
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am
Burg / Madison will decide 20
Trimble / Lucas will decide 27 (Lucas has brutal schedule the next 2 weeks with bigger schools)
Gallipolis could win one in 15 with right draw (not St. Clairsville in 1st game)
Ironton could win a couple in 19 ( they don't want Bellaire in 1st game)
Ok, mine reduced to:
Burg/Madison (Madison wins 20)
Trimble/Lucas (Lucas wins 27)
If Lucas v Trimble part II happens this year, I will be jacked. Last year they battled it out in a one point Trimble win. The kids at Lucas haven't forgot and are going to be battle tested for sure.



Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Happy McGavin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 pm
outerbanksjake wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm
What is the definition of " deep playoff run " ? Mine is Regional Finals.
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am
Burg / Madison will decide 20
Trimble / Lucas will decide 27 (Lucas has brutal schedule the next 2 weeks with bigger schools)
Gallipolis could win one in 15 with right draw (not St. Clairsville in 1st game)
Ironton could win a couple in 19 ( they don't want Bellaire in 1st game)
Ok, mine reduced to:
Burg/Madison (Madison wins 20)
Trimble/Lucas (Lucas wins 27)
If Lucas v Trimble part II happens this year, I will be jacked. Last year they battled it out in a one point Trimble win. The kids at Lucas haven't forgot and are going to be battle tested for sure.
That game was also at Lucas. Lucas lost a 1000 yard rusher from that team, Trimble returned all their skill position players, I'm looking forward to a possible rematch with them as well


The 9th green at 9

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6749
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Be cool to see Trimble vs Waterford week 13



dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Happy McGavin wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 pm


Ok, mine reduced to:
Burg/Madison (Madison wins 20)
Trimble/Lucas (Lucas wins 27)
If Lucas v Trimble part II happens this year, I will be jacked. Last year they battled it out in a one point Trimble win. The kids at Lucas haven't forgot and are going to be battle tested for sure.
That game was also at Lucas. Lucas lost a 1000 yard rusher from that team, Trimble returned all their skill position players, I'm looking forward to a possible rematch with them as well
Hauger was a dynamic player for Lucas for sure. Lucas will bring into this years possible game an RB who should go for 2000+ yards and 30+ TDs. No matter who takes the field, more importantly, I am hoping for both teams to remain healthy!



Fattseycline
Freshman Team
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Fattseycline » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Burg I think has the best chance, but they are in a different region not sure how the competition is. I think ironton will win a game but not more then that. I think fort Frye will win their region and I keep hearing good things about Trimble. Gallipolis is playing good against schools smaller then them good team but not they level they will face in their division. I say Gallia is like ironton they win one and done. I could be completely wrong about it all but I hope all southern Ohio teams win. Better us win then teams from up north!!!!



Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:04 am

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Burgfan/grad85 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 pm

outerbanksjake wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:04 pm
What is the definition of " deep playoff run " ? Mine is Regional Finals.
I agree I think atleast 2 playoff wins regional finals is a good run



VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by VetteMan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm
Be cool to see Trimble vs Waterford week 13
No offense, but would you want to see the same result again? On second thought, mayby the " Doc " would make an appearance?



svac83
All State
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by svac83 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 pm

For Gallia academy a lot will depend upon the seeding. They don’t want to finish 4th 5th or 8th. Finishing anywhere else will give them a shot. Finish 8th your going to open with st clairsville and not win a game. Finish 4 or 5 th you are one and done.

I don’t think there as good as Indian valley or bloom Carroll but think they would have a shot.



Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6749
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:13 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 pm
Raider6309 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm
Be cool to see Trimble vs Waterford week 13
No offense, but would you want to see the same result again? On second thought, mayby the " Doc " would make an appearance?
Yes, another beat down would be great 8-)



MisterGalliaGuy2016
Riding the Bench
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:28 am

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:15 am

As always, Burg, Trimble, maybe Chillicothe. GA, if they win out, should sit pretty at a 2 seed behind St. Clairsville. They could very well make the regional finals.



23tdb
Riding the Bench
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:08 am

Re: Deep playoff contenders

Post by 23tdb » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Chillifan123 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 am
I have been taking a deep look into region 8, Granted Chillicothe wins out and makes the playoffs, I think they will get a home game and could potentially make a good playoff run, I think the most dangerous team in the region is Winton woods, just like last year, but as it looks they will be a high seed as well if they win out, but they play 2 very good teams (5-2 Desales and 6-1 Moeller) Chillicothe is playing very well at the right time.
If chillicothe wins out, which i think they could, it would be very tough to even win the first game for them. If they win out they will most likely get a 2-4. This could place them against a VERY talented La Salle team, or even a VERY good Edgewood team. I think if your a CHillicothe fan your best bet is to hope for a win out, then a first round matchup against Anderson or Dublin Scioto. If they play a team like La Salle, Edgewood, or even Little Miami in the first round it could be a problem.



Post Reply