Gallia Academy 36 Ironton 33

svac83
SE

Re: WK #9 GALLIPOLIS (7-1) @ IRONTON (6-2)

Post by svac83 »

Half Slice wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:00 pm If I’m a Blue Devil coach or player I wouldn’t want to show my face around town if they lose. Going to be some tight rear ends getting off that bus at Tanks on Friday.

Conversely, Ironton shouldn’t feel any pressure based on comments from the Gallia Academy posters. They should be able to play their game since they are the decided underdog here. That should play nicely in Coach Pendleton’s motivational tool chest.
The blue devils are like 13 wins 46 loses all time in this series. We are like 2 and 18 in last 20 games. We are confident about our team but we understand going into ironton and just winning is not something our history says is easy to do.

We also know how hard our team works and how well they work as a team. The blue devils will in no way be one of the most talented teams ironton has played. But my guess is we will be as prepared as any, play as hard and physical as any and won’t quit.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

svac83 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:05 am
Half Slice wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:00 pm If I’m a Blue Devil coach or player I wouldn’t want to show my face around town if they lose. Going to be some tight rear ends getting off that bus at Tanks on Friday.

Conversely, Ironton shouldn’t feel any pressure based on comments from the Gallia Academy posters. They should be able to play their game since they are the decided underdog here. That should play nicely in Coach Pendleton’s motivational tool chest.
The blue devils are like 13 wins 46 loses all time in this series. We are like 2 and 18 in last 20 games. We are confident about our team but we understand going into ironton and just winning is not something our history says is easy to do.

We also know how hard our team works and how well they work as a team. The blue devils will in no way be one of the most talented teams ironton has played. But my guess is we will be as prepared as any, play as hard and physical as any and won’t quit.
Well said, svac. I'd hope GA extends the streak to 2-0 in the Penrod era. Here's hoping!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

“Tight rear ends” seems to insinuate nervous or scared. I doubt that the Blue Devils will be either of those.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

I’d love to see Ironton pull off a win. They will have to play mistake free ball this week. I’m hoping everyone stays healthy on both teams. I would love to cheer on more teams than justwheeelersburg through November. Time for southern Ohio to represent.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Go tigers from Buckeye country

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

This one will be a good defensive game I think. If My kids didn’t hate me for missing Portsmouth play I would be at this game. I think it’s going to be a old fashion slobber knocker.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

The Tigers have been eating raw meat all week in preparation for the game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ema wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:26 pm The Tigers have been eating raw meat all week in preparation for the game.
TMI. What you Ironton boys do for fun can stay in Ironton.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Ema wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:26 pm The Tigers have been eating raw meat all week in preparation for the game.
TMI. What you Ironton boys do for fun can stay in Ironton.
The boys will get sick and get worms doing that. Lol

ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

Playing at the Tank and its senior night,Ironton 21 Gallipolis 14

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Bait! Are you just taking all this in, and then you're going to come out before Friday night, and let everyone know what really is going to happen? I know its been close to 3 days, and if anyone has a feel for Tigers football, its you. I also know that you think that its going to be a pretty good game, and that you may be keeping everything pretty close to the vest. Lol

Beergogglebluez
SE

Bait is MIA. We may need to get the army rangers to look for him.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I totally agree with the mindset Ironton should have in this game as it worked to a point against burg/Ashland. They can hang with the big boys mentally when needed & then also lose some concentration in other games I wouldn’t expect them to. So, consistency has got to emerge in this game.This is aggravating to hear on webcasts!

Stay healthy free to both & gotigersgo!!!
Gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball!!

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:08 am “Tight rear ends” seems to insinuate nervous or scared. I doubt that the Blue Devils will be either of those.

Surely we can agree this edition of Blue Devil players, and coaches for that matter, have not been involved in a lot of big games in their careers. Success has been scant in football for quite a while in Gallipolis. When the buses pull into Tanks Memorial Stadium they will be playing a hungry Ironton team with ghosts of Tiger teams past roaming the Tank. Yes, I would say a few Devils will be more than a little jittery on Friday. Those things coupled with rain and cold temps in the forecast have to be a concern for the Blue Devils. Spread offense and bad weather🙈

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

8-) Gallipolis pulling out all the stops. A little birdie flew up here to Columbus tonight and told me that the Blue Devils were practicing on the turf @ Oak Hill high school. Hmmmm !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

[quote=FANOSPORTS post_id=1701038 time=1539830673 user_id=3084]
8-) Gallipolis pulling out all the stops. A little birdie flew up here to Columbus tonight and told me that the Blue Devils were practicing on the turf @ Oak Hill high school. Hmmmm !!!!!
[/quote]

Well the same birdie told a flying squirrel that told Gridiron Goober that the Devils used left handed footballs at that practice, with their shoes on the wrong feet while going into a 30 mph head wind they had piped in special from Florida. For good measure they also practiced in the dark in case the lights go out at Tanks Stadium. For good luck they are leaving at noon on Friday on pogo sticks to get loose.

They have thought of it all!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Rosco wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:57 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 pm 8-) Gallipolis pulling out all the stops. A little birdie flew up here to Columbus tonight and told me that the Blue Devils were practicing on the turf @ Oak Hill high school. Hmmmm !!!!!

Well the same birdie told a flying squirrel that told Gridiron Goober that the Devils used left handed footballs at that practice, with their shoes on the wrong feet while going into a 30 mph head wind they had piped in special from Florida. For good measure they also practiced in the dark in case the lights go out at Tanks Stadium. For good luck they are leaving at noon on Friday on pogo sticks to get loose.

:lol: All that extra work will be all for naught come friday night when all the ghosts from years past come back to life and remind the Gallipolitans of whose house they're in :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Rosco wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:57 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 pm 8-) Gallipolis pulling out all the stops. A little birdie flew up here to Columbus tonight and told me that the Blue Devils were practicing on the turf @ Oak Hill high school. Hmmmm !!!!!

If these 2 Posts don't relieve the pressure a little bit, I don't know what will.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

When they put turf down. They permanently trapped the ghosts under the new surface. Tigers will find out Friday no more ghosts at tanks to help them anymore

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

svac83 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:13 am When they put turf down. They permanently trapped the ghosts under the new surface. Tigers will find out Friday no more ghosts at tanks to help them anymore
Hahaha they don’t need any help!
Last edited by Fan Friday on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”