Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

packers80
SE

Re: Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

Post by packers80 »

Paying to park can't be justified. Sorry,if 2 dollars a car is gonna make you or break you then your school district has bigger problems than 2 bucks will fix. Shut up.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:02 pm You shouldn't have to pay to park for amateur sports unless it's playoffs. Period. Paying to park is ludicrous. If you need money that bad as a district maybe you should look at where your money is going when people pay admission for kindergarteners and 2 dollars for a small slice of pizza. Many small schools don't make you pay to park plus their concession stand prices are cheaper, and better food. Paying to park is a rip off.
Feel better?? Don't pay it then, park else where and walk. Honestly if $2 is putting this big a strain on everyone that they need to complain every single year then you probably should just stay at home or go to a ball game where you know the parking is free since you're to lazy to walk. You'll pay the money to park then hop on here and complain, like it's actually going to do something that's the funny part. If you have an issue with it call that school up and discuss it with them. If the money is going back into the programs where you are paying to park I see nothing wrong with it because like others have mentioned if it can help cut down on the kids having to go around and raise money then I'm all for it. You made the decision to go to a game knowing you were going to pay to park, IF you wanted to get closer to the school. Should you decide to pay that fee instead of walking 5 blocks that's on you and you have no complaints at that point, because you are given a choice you are not made by these schools.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:02 pm You shouldn't have to pay to park for amateur sports unless it's playoffs. Period. Paying to park is ludicrous. If you need money that bad as a district maybe you should look at where your money is going when people pay admission for kindergarteners and 2 dollars for a small slice of pizza. Many small schools don't make you pay to park plus their concession stand prices are cheaper, and better food. Paying to park is a rip off.
Shouldn’t have to pay for water in a bottle either...I thought this in 1994 but have since let it go.

This $2 is serious business. Serious. I agree you shouldn’t have to pay park or have kids pay to play but unfortunately they do. Let’s discuss it for 4 pages 3x a year a decade later.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sometimes i go to the convo to watch 2 or 3 games and pay the $5, I don’t ever like it but never ever complain or question the person taking the money. Have your money ready and be nice. It’s never bad to be nice. Sometimes though I’m just going to watch 1 game and not feeling the $5....so I park 3/4 a mile a way at the OU Inn and walk. It’s brisk usually but gets the job done.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Paying to park is a joke, I won't be convinced otherwise. Majority of schools don't and they do,just fine.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I guess Jackson pays to park all year long to offset the fact they can't charge in the playoffs because they never get a home game week 11.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:51 pm I guess Jackson pays to park all year long to offset the fact they can't charge in the playoffs because they never get a home game week 11.
I’ve contacted the local burn unit.

I’ll be back here in a bit with a good joke abou cheese.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Keepem on speed dial. I noticed Jackson had a jumbo and turf. Is the 2 dollars paying for that? If not then I would say Jackson is doing just fine, no need to charge to park. I can go all day.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:03 pm Keepem on speed dial. I noticed Jackson had a jumbo and turf. Is the 2 dollars paying for that? If not then I would say Jackson is doing just fine, no need to charge to park. I can go all day.
I called our AD and one board member...they both say the $2 is to pay for our $15,000 grandeur flag pole.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:03 pm Keepem on speed dial. I noticed Jackson had a jumbo and turf. Is the 2 dollars paying for that? If not then I would say Jackson is doing just fine, no need to charge to park. I can go all day.
Just have your 2$ ready when you come to Jackson lol 😂

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You just now noticed this??? What'd you have to do look at google maps because you've never been to the place?? You noticed?? :lol: LOL, WOW. Been there for years like that, so at this point you're just trolling run along and play elsewhere you're bringing nothing new to the party.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I always have my 2 bucks ready when I go there because I know I'm gonna get charged 2 bucks more than I do in 90% of the places I go in South eastern Ohio. It's a running joke about their parking fee.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson has $2 parking to give gas cards to the out of county kids that commute to Jackson for academic purposes :roll:

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Been to Jackson plenty of times didn't just now notice. That's not what I said. I did notice however, 2 bucks a car doesn't guarantee a home win. Oh well, guess you gotta find happiness somewhere.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Point is Jackson has money, they don't need to charge to park.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hay guise, the these gas prices are rediculous

#enjoyingthepresent

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:22 pm Been to Jackson plenty of times didn't just now notice. That's not what I said. I did notice however, 2 bucks a car doesn't guarantee a home win. Oh well, guess you gotta find happiness somewhere.
Burn unit not needed for that one. Hope it’s not raining for your recess tomorrow.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hey packers80.....would you like some cheese for your whine

/mic drop

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:18 pm I always have my 2 bucks ready when I go there because I know I'm gonna get charged 2 bucks more than I do in 90% of the places I go in South eastern Ohio. It's a running joke about their parking fee.
You have your $2 ready because you're not walking up that hill and want to get as close to the field as possible no other reason. Park down below and walk up and save your money man, honestly until you start doing that based on the principal that you don't want to pay then you have ZERO beef. Anytime you get that money out to park you've made that choice no one else made it for you.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:27 pm Waverly changed two weeks ago when Burg was up there. Not sure if they have charged all season but they made a ton of money that night.

Burg should charge to park and use that money to blacktop the parking lot. They have painted, very poorly the lines to park in but it is amazing how many people cannot park at the Burg parking lot.
As someone who travels to Burg several times per year, I would gladly pay $2 if it would help them pave and line their parking lot.

Return to “Football”