Post by Bird Dog »

Wellston - 20
Meigs - 16
:51 left in 3rd

2Time
Freshman Team

Re: Wellston @ Meigs

Post by 2Time »

Pretty competitive game tonight. Meigs didn’t play a safety all night, 11 in the box didn’t stop Wellston from changing anything. This is flat out getting old...

Smart call after a score from Meigs resulted in an onside recovery that led to a clock killing TD drive that seemed to have sealed the game 28-20. Then number 42 Garvin for Wellston rumbled 74 yards to the 3 yard line on the ensuing kickoff, 1 play later Nick Davis punched it in, but the 2-point conversion comes up short. 28-26 Meigs. Wellston goes for the onside kick...... they recover BUT the refs pull the rule book out to see if the kick is legal... no lie they literally brought a rule book out to check it. And Wellston does in fact get the ball.. Wellston QB fumbles recovered by Meigs.. ball game 28-26 Meigs.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

White hat came off the field, laughing, smiling and waving at Wellston fans.. not saying anything negative but as an official and head of the crew you put your head down and walk out, nothing else.

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

The most unprofessional ref crew that I have ever seen. The white hat was more concerned with the band than the game and then he taunted the Wellston fans and laughed. Congrats to Meigs on the win. Too bad the refs were a side show.

Moose2175
Waterboy

Post by Moose2175 »

Should seen the crew at the Rv game when they played Meigs...an hour and 20 minute 3rd quarter and they were a joke as well...

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Meigs 28 Wellston 26

Post by mattash »

Meigs 28 Wellston 26

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Great win for the young Meigs team.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Easy to blame the officials.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Slothman wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:48 pm Easy to blame the officials.
I don’t think, at least not me personally besides what happened within the last two minutes with the onside kick and after the game any one is blaming the officials, it’s one thing to miss calls (which really they didn’t, besides a few BOTH ways) but to be under 2 mins in a game and have to stop it to get a rule book out? Then after you confirm the call you allow the home side coach sit on the field and argue for 2-3 mins? Along with allowing the clock to run 20-25 seconds while you come up with wether or not they scored, then not reset the clock, Then to stop the opposing teams band from playing before the ball is snapped, which is legal btw. Bare in mind this was not happening before the last 2 mins of the game, it is not a good look to not use the assigner then to have some questionable stuff happen at the end makes it a little odd. Add that on top of the white hat taunting the away fans after the game and you have a really bad look and complaints are warranted.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

If the white hat did that ,and I heard from a reliable source that he did and that is unprofessional. It is up to the Wellston athletics director to take action on this individual. There is a process he can follow to have him graded and this could cost him in doing playoff games in turn costing him money.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

When the offensive team breaks the huddle the band/ bands must stop playing . It is a rule.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Per OHSAA “Bands shall not play music at football games while the ball is in play, or while signals are being called by the quarterback.” Under that definition the band can play until the team is set from the huddle and the QB begins signals. But the rule was not enforced this way they were told to stop as soon as the team broke the huddle, no signals were be given by the QB before the white hat was blowing the plays dead, this didn’t happen until the last 2 mins and after speaking with other Wellston fans the issue wasn’t so much that but the home teams band played during these same situations.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

I haven’t read the rule but that sounds about right . I still say if you have been warned twice I believe you need to take action. I also say let the athletic director take care of any problem with the official.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Slothman wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:21 pm I haven’t read the rule but that sounds about right . I still say if you have been warned twice I believe you need to take action. I also say let the athletic director take care of any problem with the official.
I agree.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ohsaa also has a rule against PA announcers talking or doing play by play during live action but that doesn’t stop the guy at Wellston. Nothing is ever done about it either. I absolutely hate listening to it. If I wanted play by play, I’d have the radio broadcast in my ear. What a joke.

Return to “Football”