Meigs 28 Wellston 26

hardfowl
All State

Re: Meigs 28 Wellston 26

Post by hardfowl »

Here is something funny about the flag on the kick off, the rule book out, and then the reversal of the flag.
The official actually got the call correct (except it should have been a dead ball foul). The Rockets alignment on the kick off was illegal.
The Rockets had two players ( the player in position to kick the ball and the other who kicked it, both with a foot on the 30 yard line which was 5 yards behind the free kick line. Remember there was a delay of game penalty called on the first kick. Only the kicker may be behind the line and he must kick the ball. If any other KT member kicks the ball, it is a dead ball foul. For the kick to have been legal no K player could be touching the line except for the kicker. Here is how Rule 6 Section 1 Article 3 reads. "After the ball is marked ready for play, and until the ball is kicked, the following formation requirements must be met:
b.) No K players, other than the kicker, may be more than 5 yards behind the kicking team's free kick line. A player satisfies this rule when no foot is on or beyond the line 5 yards behind K's free kick line. If one K player is more than 5 yards behind the this restraining line and any other player kicks the ball, it is a foul. Dead ball "free kick infraction" foul. 5 yards penalty. Note: If all 11 players are in front of this restraining line, then anyone can kick it. The video clip I saw shows two players, each with a foot on the line. I think # 72 and # 3 (which is the regular kicker) were the two. #72 approached the ball and then #3 kicked it. it was recovered by the Rockets. The clip clearly shows a penalty flag thrown immediately by the official on K's free kick line. He did not blow it dead.
To make a long story short; the call for a "free kick infraction" was initially correct and then they got the rule book out and got it wrong!!
Of course I don't actually know what he called but don't know what else it could have been. The fact that he didn't blow it dead may have been an indication of something else. What, I don't know.
Also, remember on the other Rocket kickoff where the ball was kicked only one yard? Meigs got the ball at the Rocket 41 yard line. The same official threw a flag for encroachment. That is a dead ball foul. That should have been an inadvertent whistle and a re-kick. The ball was actually alive as it was kicked. A Rocket picked the ball up and dropped to one knee downing it. Meigs was awarded the ball there. The flag and whistle for encroachment, should have killed the action. But once again, he may not of sounded his whistle which he didn't do on the other kick!
They are dead ball fouls in both cases the whistle should have sounded.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Wellston ‘s announcer is very annoying! He has been for a long time . He says inappropriate things at times and the administration tolerates it for some reason . He even makes the majority of the home crowd sick . Here is to wishing he would just go away!

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

So am I to assume that Meigs finally scored in the 4th quarter?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats to Meigs on getting win number three this season.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Slothman wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:01 pm Wellston ‘s announcer is very annoying! He has been for a long time . He says inappropriate things at times and the administration tolerates it for some reason . He even makes the majority of the home crowd sick . Here is to wishing he would just go away!
I’m not sure where the announcer bashing is coming from all of a sudden. Yes he may not be perfect but, he enjoys it and does a pretty good job always getting names and numbers after plays. I’m not sure what inappropriate things you are referring to? for the talking during live play I have only heard him say to the 10 the 5, touchdown kind of stuff, for some kids that’s pretty cool as they don’t or won’t get a chance to be in that atmosphere when they finish playing ball, not saying that isn’t against the rules because it is but I have heard him do it for both teams... Does he get carried away from time to time yes without a doubt but it is hard to find enough volunteers these days, let alone someone willing to get behind a mic in front of 600 or more people sometime over 1,000 depending on the game. If I am missing something please tell me. If you are bashing because you have personal problems with him take it to him but don’t get on here and say things like you wish he would go away.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

12 points in the 4th.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

He is awful! It’s not personal I think he just likes to hear himself talk! I’ve heard him call the jv’s scrubbs , that is inappropriate and I’ve heard other things as bad or worse . He has yelled things at the officials from the press box before also. People hear this it is time to go.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

hardfowl wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 am Here is something funny about the flag on the kick off, the rule book out, and then the reversal of the flag.
The official actually got the call correct (except it should have been a dead ball foul). The Rockets alignment on the kick off was illegal.
The Rockets had two players ( the player in position to kick the ball and the other who kicked it, both with a foot on the 30 yard line which was 5 yards behind the free kick line. Remember there was a delay of game penalty called on the first kick. Only the kicker may be behind the line and he must kick the ball. If any other KT member kicks the ball, it is a dead ball foul. For the kick to have been legal no K player could be touching the line except for the kicker. Here is how Rule 6 Section 1 Article 3 reads. "After the ball is marked ready for play, and until the ball is kicked, the following formation requirements must be met:
b.) No K players, other than the kicker, may be more than 5 yards behind the kicking team's free kick line. A player satisfies this rule when no foot is on or beyond the line 5 yards behind K's free kick line. If one K player is more than 5 yards behind the this restraining line and any other player kicks the ball, it is a foul. Dead ball "free kick infraction" foul. 5 yards penalty. Note: If all 11 players are in front of this restraining line, then anyone can kick it. The video clip I saw shows two players, each with a foot on the line. I think # 72 and # 3 (which is the regular kicker) were the two. #72 approached the ball and then #3 kicked it. it was recovered by the Rockets. The clip clearly shows a penalty flag thrown immediately by the official on K's free kick line. He did not blow it dead.
To make a long story short; the call for a "free kick infraction" was initially correct and then they got the rule book out and got it wrong!!
Of course I don't actually know what he called but don't know what else it could have been. The fact that he didn't blow it dead may have been an indication of something else. What, I don't know.
Also, remember on the other Rocket kickoff where the ball was kicked only one yard? Meigs got the ball at the Rocket 41 yard line. The same official threw a flag for encroachment. That is a dead ball foul. That should have been an inadvertent whistle and a re-kick. The ball was actually alive as it was kicked. A Rocket picked the ball up and dropped to one knee downing it. Meigs was awarded the ball there. The flag and whistle for encroachment, should have killed the action. But once again, he may not of sounded his whistle which he didn't do on the other kick!
They are dead ball fouls in both cases the whistle should have sounded.

On the first kick off at the end of the game The ref never mark the ball as ready to play that's why a delay of game In fact the official that handed the ball to the kicker was not even off the field yet

Return to “Football”