Region 20 Playoff Watch

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Region 20

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:41 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:25 pm I remember last year that he picked against burg in almost every playoff game. Haha nvm.
I said Burg would win state in the preseason if CCC didn’t make the playoffs last year. I said week 11 I’m jumping on the burg bandwagon. You were probably looking for Jackson vs Bishop Watterson in 2015. I picked Watterson 28-14
I’m glad you’ve jumped off the bandwagon. You should come to every Burg playoff game and sit on the visitors side. We know you’ll be available, your team will be sitting at home.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I look for the top 7 to remain intact and CHCA to move into the 8 spot this week.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:41 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:25 pm I remember last year that he picked against burg in almost every playoff game. Haha nvm.
I said Burg would win state in the preseason if CCC didn’t make the playoffs last year. I said week 11 I’m jumping on the burg bandwagon. You were probably looking for Jackson vs Bishop Watterson in 2015. I picked Watterson 28-14
Better jump on it again. They are statistically better this year defensively than last year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 am
dr3737 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:53 pm Burg / Madison winner is my choice. (I think Madison wins it)
Lol......... you don’t know football. Burg will kill this team. Madison hasn’t played anyone this year. Just sayin
You don’t know anything about football either. Madison played the same schedule last year. Lost 1 game to Valley View. Killed everyone else. Madison will be a slugfest. No blowout for Burg in that one. Although I agree they will win. Then you get JM or Ironton in the semis and that one will be a blow out.
I personally think "dr3737" that YOU are the one that doesn't know football. (Jolly Pirate is correct in his last statement although we disagree on Madison/ Burg winner) :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:08 pm Better jump on it again. They are statistically better this year defensively than last year.
Just sucks Burg is in region 20. Your week 12 and 13 games will be out west. I might have to root for Ironton since they will probably play week 12 at Athens/NY/ or Logan

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:08 pm Better jump on it again. They are statistically better this year defensively than last year.
Just sucks Burg is in region 20. Your week 12 and 13 games will be out west. I might have to root for Ironton since they will probably play week 12 at Athens/NY/ or Logan
If you want to watch good football come on out west. Hell maybe even Chilli. You can do that. All highway

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

If week #12 matches the Burg up with Portsmouth or West it could be at Portsmouth or Jackson.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Looks like Burg could play West week 11 as the #8 seed and then a Cincinnati school week 12 . Ironton is in region 19. Like to see Burg and Ironton both win their regions

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:52 pm
If week #12 matches the Burg up with Ironton or West it could be at Portsmouth or Jackson.
Burg is in region 20 Ironton is in region 19 the only way they could play again is if they both win regional titles and they matchup up in the state semi finals

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:57 pm

If week #12 matches the Burg up with Ironton or West it could be at Portsmouth or Jackson.
Burg is in region 20 Ironton is in region 19 the only way they could play again is if they both win regional titles and they matchup up in the state semi finals
Yeah, I meant Portsmouth, not Ironton. We could possibly play West at Portsmouth or Portsmouth at Jackson. I'd be cool with either rather than drive to Cincy.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:09 pm
Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Yeah, I meant Portsmouth, not Ironton. We could possibly play West at Portsmouth or Portsmouth at Jackson. I'd be cool with either rather than drive to Cincy.
If Burg plays either West or Portsmouth it will be at home more than likely cause if the Trojans happen to make it to the playoffs it would definitely be the 8th seed but I really don't see PHS beating Ironton so they are out and West will probably lose their last 2 games and end up the 6th or 7th seed possibly 8th. After Fridays games we will know pretty much of who is where and I can't wait for some playoff football

dr3737
Waterboy

Post by dr3737 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:00 pm
dr3737 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 am
Lol......... you don’t know football. Burg will kill this team. Madison hasn’t played anyone this year. Just sayin
You don’t know anything about football either. Madison played the same schedule last year. Lost 1 game to Valley View. Killed everyone else. Madison will be a slugfest. No blowout for Burg in that one. Although I agree they will win. Then you get JM or Ironton in the semis and that one will be a blow out.
I personally think "dr3737" that YOU are the one that doesn't know football. (Jolly Pirate is correct in his last statement although we disagree on Madison/ Burg winner) :D
I’m going by the teams that Madison has played not one of them have a winning record. Burg has played teams with winning records. That’s what I’m going by. So with that being said burg will beat them if they make it that far. Just sayin😋😋😋

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

dr3737 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:39 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:00 pm

I’m going by the teams that Madison has played not one of them have a winning record. Burg has played teams with winning records. That’s what I’m going by. So with that being said burg will beat them if they make it that far. Just sayin😋😋😋
To each his own opinion, that's what we do on here that keeps it interesting :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Re: Region 20 Playoff Watch

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Madison played the same teams last year and they are blowing out those bad teams and shutting them out so I don't think it matters about their schedule Burg knows how tough they. Are and hopefully Burg gets by them again in the regional finals

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Let’s say Portsmouth gets in. It will more than likely be a first round matchup against burg and the two best RB’s in the area. But what if this matchup happens in the 2nd round. Question is where would it be played? Minford is out b/c it’s a grass field. Oak Hill will prolly still be in the playoffs as would Ironton and Jackson. Could Valley potentially see this neutral site game

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 am Let’s say Portsmouth gets in. It will more than likely be a first round matchup against burg and the two best RB’s in the area. But what if this matchup happens in the 2nd round. Question is where would it be played? Minford is out b/c it’s a grass field. Oak Hill will prolly still be in the playoffs as would Ironton and Jackson. Could Valley potentially see this neutral site game
IMO Portsmouth is not getting in they won yesterday and moved to #10 in region 20 they would have to beat Ironton and still need some help but I guess crazier things have happened. I am thinking that Burg will face Minford or West Portsmouth in the first round then face Greeneview in the 2nd Madison 3rd if they make it that far

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg, Madison, CHCA, Greenview, West Jeff, Madeira are locks IMO

Which means two spots are up for grabs. 5 have legit shots of the others mathematically alive.
1. West- even with a loss today and burg, I think they have best shot especially if Portsmouth takes out ironton.
2. Minford- simply best valley and they are probably in. I don’t think they will.
3. Portsmouth- beat ironton and hope for some upsets. They will need some help with win.
4. Mariemont- same boat as Portsmouth but an easier game to win. Need more help though.
5. Waynesville- win and in but play Madison so probably not going to happen. It’s their only way

I think west is in no matter what with the others battling it out to be in top 8.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

I think if Portsmouth beats Ironton they are in they will take Minfords spot . I think Minford will lose to Valley CHCA will move to the 7th spot maybe even 6th and West could end up in the 8th. Spot if Portsmouth loses Waynesville will lose to Madison so they are out

Doyle Hargraves
Waterboy

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:38 pm Burg, Madison, CHCA, Greenview, West Jeff, Madeira are locks IMO

Which means two spots are up for grabs. 5 have legit shots of the others mathematically alive.
1. West- even with a loss today and burg, I think they have best shot especially if Portsmouth takes out ironton.
2. Minford- simply best valley and they are probably in. I don’t think they will.
3. Portsmouth- beat ironton and hope for some upsets. They will need some help with win.
4. Mariemont- same boat as Portsmouth but an easier game to win. Need more help though.
5. Waynesville- win and in but play Madison so probably not going to happen. It’s their only way

I think west is in no matter what with the others battling it out to be in top 8.
Looks pretty reasonable to me. I see west and burg playing again in week 11. Sure better than driving down to Cincy for a mauling that's coming anyway. Might as well stay close to home lol

The law's on my side!
UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

Hey Doyle, run down to the county line. We’re outta liquor and beer, lol

Return to “Football”