Can Portsmouth Trojans sneak into playoffs

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Can Portsmouth Trojans sneak into playoffs

Post by Beergogglebluez »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 am West has control own destiny next to them in Joe Eitel. It’s unofficial but usually when that happens the will get in somewhere. 3 or 4 teams in the region have that. Burg has clinched playoff spot next to there’s. Portsmouth has to win out. Week 10 is more than a game. It’s for everything. Next week should be hell week when it comes to practice.
Control your own destiny means they have the ability to get by simply winning out. If they do win out they will be in ......if they don't then that will change.
Oh gotcha. Thanks for saying that. I had to ask someone when I saw it last week and they said it’s almost a lock there in. Thanks

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Trojans have to win out first before any talk of week 11 becomes reality. Portsmouth can finish 7-3, but it will take its best football of the season to do so. Ironton will be looking to improve its playoff standing as well when it comes to the Trojan Coliseum, in addition to the game being the oldest rivalry in Southeastern Ohio.

GO TROJANS!!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I don't think they make it. Sorry to all the Portsmouth fans. Obviously they have to win out, imo I don't think they can beat ironton. If they should win out, which I agree they have a fighting chance to do. I don't think They get all the thinks to happen they need to happen. I believe west will lose both games. Minford is 50/50 to lose out, if they are healthy they may beat valley. However west Jeff will not lose out imo. And cinci hills will beat Miami valley, That alone may be enough to derail an 8 seed

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Ironton will beat Portsmouth week #10

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Nope

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Could they sure, with a 7-3 record and some help. Will they I don’t think so. Don’t think they beat Ironton

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:07 am Could they sure, with a 7-3 record and some help. Will they I don’t think so. Don’t think they beat Ironton
Going to be really hard. I’m Portsmouth thru and thru but this will be a tall task. Ironton is a year away from being really good. Next year they turn some heads. They have the best defense in the ovc, there conditioning is top notch. But it’s high school football and anyone can lose. Portsmouth kids will need to dig deep in those hearts and run, block and tackle. I expect a really good game. Rivalry games are close no matter if you are 10-0 or 0-10

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would really like to see them make it, but I just don't see it in the cards this year. Mayby they can use there 10th game this year, as big of a Rivalry as it is with the Tigers, as there Play-Off game?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

West and Minford are too far ahead to catch. I believe Clermont Northeastern is the only vulnerable team currently in the top 8. That leaves them, Portsmouth, CHCA, and Mariemont fighting for 1 spot. Also Purcell has a ton of points on the table the next 2 weeks they could jump up and challenge if they get hot.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

NO

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Portsmouth has a good shot at winning out, just my humble opinion.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”