SEOAL demise: Good or bad for modern era former teams?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: SEOAL demise: Good or bad for modern era former teams?

Post by Raider6309 »

Locos what league is Logan looking at?

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I don't think that the SEOAL will ever be re-formed. Ironton gets too many playoff points by playing KY teams within 5 miles of the school. Still would like to see the Tigers play the Ironmen from time to time. We beat Jackson in the last game of the season 7-0 in 1979. The winner of that game made the playoffs back when there was only 1 team representing each region in AA. I don't know if that has happened before or since among two SEOAL teams. I think the Blue Devils are comfortable in the OVC and will be competitive for years to come.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:34 pm Locos what league is Logan looking at?
Trying to start one. Several southeastern central Ohio schools are interested - Canal, Groveport, and Teays. Think if they could convince two more like Hamilton Twp, Whitehall, or Chillicothe you'd see a six team league.

Also still think Mid-State is the best option - but not really in our control. Need some movement there. Whitehall seems kind of out of place in the mid-size division. WH is DII while the rest of the division is DIV or DV.

If the Highland County schools leave the FAC I could see that being a possibility. Jackson and Chillicothe would like Logan in that league.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I can't see Canal leaving the OCC. They are the fastest growing city in Ohio

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:17 pm Western Brown lost by 70 to Clinton Massie. You need to get outside of Jackson. Athens beat Parkersburg South who beat Morgantown. Morgantown almost beat a team Clinton massie cant beat
You’re right Raider . Athens would kill Jackson . I apologize

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:17 pm Western Brown lost by 70 to Clinton Massie. You need to get outside of Jackson. Athens beat Parkersburg South who beat Morgantown. Morgantown almost beat a team Clinton massie cant beat
Athens lost to Fairland . Case closed .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:45 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:42 pm I never really considered them a Seoal
Team but yes they are legit
Anyone have the complete list of teams that have played in the Seoal throughout its history?
http://www.loganfootball.com/uploads/1/ ... gs2016.pdf

Awesome! Thanks Locos!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The transitive property always works in football, right? I know that you don't even believe half of what you post on here though.

What week do Jackson and Athens play next year? Week 2, I think. I can't wait.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Week 2 at Athens. Should be a good one

37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

Athens was the toilet bowl champs of the SEOAL. they tapped out just like the rest of the Athenian society culture.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

In retrospect it didn't work out too well for Portsmouth. We weren't going to keep up at the same level we had from 97-05 but it wouldn't have been as quick and harsh decline if we wouldn't have joined

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:01 pm Week 2 at Athens. Should be a good one
Athens will roll them next year, and honestly would this year as well.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:11 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:09 pm Who would beat Athens easily. 😂
Lol. Western Brown sucks. Athens would roll Jackson. You guys are so small
Do you seriously believe that?
If so, there are people with PHD at the end of their names that can help.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Athens Jackson be a good one. but I wouldn't say Athens will kill Jackson next year by any stretch of the imagination. Ironmen will be returning too many players from this years squad to believe that the Bulldogs will embarrass the Ironmen at The Plains next fall.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 am
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:01 pm Week 2 at Athens. Should be a good one
Athens will roll them next year, and honestly would this year as well.
Athens can't even "roll" Logan. :lol: :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm I can't see Canal leaving the OCC. They are the fastest growing city in Ohio
I am always skeptical of anyone leaving the OCC. Which is why I never believed the league that nearly came together last year would happen.

However - Groveport and Canal were not happy with the next OCC realignment (which was designed to make the Pickerington schools happy). And I think they both realize the league is unlikely to do much for them in future realignments.

My sources say Groveport and Canal are both still very interested in a new SE Columbus league. But my sources have been wrong before so we'll see.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson stubbed their toe a couple of times this year with some young guys. The coach is too good to allow this next year. The Ironmen will be very dangerous in 2019. I wouldn't bet against them when playing Athens.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 am Jackson stubbed their toe a couple of times this year with some young guys. The coach is too good to allow this next year. The Ironmen will be very dangerous in 2019. I wouldn't bet against them when playing Athens.
That sums up the young 2018 Ironmen. Anyone that has any knowledge of the game knows this. Jackson will be favored to win every game in 2019 rumor is more transfers are coming in to join in. The Catholics are going to envy Jackson’s recruits.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:39 am
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm I can't see Canal leaving the OCC. They are the fastest growing city in Ohio
I am always skeptical of anyone leaving the OCC. Which is why I never believed the league that nearly came together last year would happen.

However - Groveport and Canal were not happy with the next OCC realignment (which was designed to make the Pickerington schools happy). And I think they both realize the league is unlikely to do much for them in future realignments.

My sources say Groveport and Canal are both still very interested in a new SE Columbus league. But my sources have been wrong before so we'll see.
Be better for playoffs. They are a 9-1 OCC school that will miss the playoffs. But their AD is an idiot for dropping Athens

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

who did canal replace athens with?

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Football”