Week 9 Picks: Against the Spread/Over-Unders (Athens County)

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Week 9 Picks: Against the Spread/Over-Unders (Athens County)

Post by moorelukas »

By Michael Roth

After I had two of my three games very close to the spread that I listed, here are my week nine spreads and over unders for Athens county games. Remember, these spreads are for entertainment purposes only, but feel free to make your picks below and keep track of your record.
Alexander At Warren
Line: Warren -8
Total: 37
Alexander has had a nice bounce back season after back to back rough campaigns. With winnable games in the final two weeks, there is a chance they finish .500 to end the season. Warren and Alexander only have one common opponent and that is Athens, the Bulldogs scored 50 and 51 points against these teams, however Warren was able to put up 26 while Alexander was shut out. Because of this drastic difference in a common opponent I have to make Warren a considerable favorite in this matchup. Fantastic 50 has Warren -2 and Cal Preps has Warren -2 with a total of 40.
Line: Warren
River Valley At Athens
Line: Athens -41
Total: 59
Athens has been dominant in the TVC Ohio, however they are still on the outside looking in for a playoff spot. The Bulldogs offense has exploded in conference play, scoring 39 or more points in every conference game. Clay Davis and Evan Adams have been huge for Athens all season, and I don’t expect them to slow down against River Valley. River Valley is 0-8 and their chances of breaking that this week is slim, however the last week of the season against South Gallia is a great opportunity. Athens should blow River Valley out, setting up a winner take all game against Nelsonville-York. Fantastic 50 has Athens -31 and Cal preps has Athens -46 with a total of 52.
Waterford At Federal Hocking
Line: Waterford -46
Total: 57
Waterford looked dominant last week, crushing Southern 42-7 to look like the second best team in the TVC Hocking. That victory pretty much secured a playoff spot for Waterford, and when you consider their only two losses are to Trimble and Fort Frye who are a combined 14-1, they could make a run. Federal Hocking is still winless, but taking on Miller next week could provide an opportunity to compete. Federal Hocking has been shut out their past two games, and getting back on the scoreboard should be a focus for them. Fantastic 50 has Waterford -34 and Cal Preps has Waterford -62 with a total of 62.
Nelsonville-York At Vinton County
Line: Nelsonville-York -16
Total: 51
Nelsonville-York has stepped up their game in conference play, and if they can upset Athens in next week, it would be almost certain that the Buckeyes would make the playoffs. Keegan Wilburn has really stepped up in conference play, making plays on both sides of the ball. Vinton County has been fairly competitive after week 3, with their second biggest loss being seven points in that span, however Nelsonville-York is closer talent wise to Athens than any of the other opponent Vinton County has played recently. Fantastic 50 has Nelsonville-York -9 and Cal preps has Nelsonville-York -5 with a total of 43.
Trimble At Southern
Line: Trimble -34
Total: 57
Southern got demolished by Waterford last week, and will likely fall once again this week to Trimble, however the Tornadoes are still likely to make the playoffs with a 7-3 record. All Southern has to do is beat Eastern, and they have a likely chance of making it to the playoffs. Trimble has no worries, as they should likely walk into the playoffs at 9-1 with loads of confidence. Trimble has a very impressive defense that has only given up points in three games this season! I don’t expect Trimble to shut out Southern, but I do project another dominant performance from the Tomcats. Fantastic 50 has Trimble -26 and Cal Preps has Trimble -28 with a total of 56.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 9 Picks: Against the Spread/Over-Unders (Athens County)

Post by mattash »

Lot of big lines this week. VC and NY the only competitive game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”