Wheeling Central Catholic 32 West 30

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Wheeling Central Catholic 32 West 30

Post by footballelite »

Anyone know where this game will be played?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: West (6-2) vs Wheeling Central Catholic (7-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Wheeling Central is legit.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

yes WCC is the real deal

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Interesting. I just noticed upon eitel it says n for neutral. I wonder where it will be played.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Wheeling Central's ranked #1 in single "A" and #7 overall in the State according to Maxpreps, they just beat Martins Ferry 43-7. They are stingy on Defense, outscoring their opponents 273-42

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

08/23 - 7:00 - Away - Williamstown - Win 33-0
08/30 - 7:00 - Home - Madonna - Win 55-0
09/07 - 7:00 - Home - East Hardy - Win 47-7
Open
09/21 - 7:00 - Home - Fayetteville - Win 33-0
09/29 - 1:30 - Home - Linsly, WV. H.S. - Win 31 - 14
10/05 - 7:00 - Away - Steubenville Catholic Central, OH H.S. - Win 31 - 14
10/12 - 7:00 - Home - Martins Ferry, OH H.S. - Win 43-7
10/20 - 1:30 - Away - Portsmouth West, OH - at Lakewood Hebron -
10/26 - 7:00 - Away - Shadyside,OH H.S.
11/02 - 7:30 - Away - Magnolia H.S

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm Interesting. I just noticed upon eitel it says n for neutral. I wonder where it will be played.
Looks like the game will be played at Lakewood Hebron High School, it's about midway between both schools

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:35 pmLooks like the game will be played at Lakewood Hebron High School, it's about midway between both schools
Correct. Just over 2 hour drive for West.

Wheeling Central Catholic looks to be the real deal. WCC is a West Virginia power and defending state champ.

Tough schedule for West. South Point and Wellston are the only 2 teams we play who aren't in the hunt for playoffs. WCC, Raceland, and Wheelersburg will all contend for state titles.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Cal preps WCC 27 west 8

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Per cal preps this will be the 2nd strongest opponent West has. Tough 3 game stretch, good luck until next week.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Not a good time for West to be taking on WCC then again I'm not for sure if there is a good time given WCC ranking. I look for WCC to put it all over West and hopefully West can walk away healthy and ready for Burg. WCC-42 West-6

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Womp, womp, womp.

I look for West to compete up until halftime. After that they will fold. WCC slings the ball around and it will spell trouble for West.

It doesn’t matter who West plays this week. Burg has their number.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The best place to eat as far as Pizza goes are close to the stadium
Pizza Cottage Rt 79 Buckeye Lake
Michael's Pizza Jacksontown 6771 National Rd SE

As for the game I am going with WC by 15.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Channel 7 in Wheeling has lots of highlights of WCC games.
Go to www.wtrf.com and search for Wheeling Central.
Lots of speed at quarterback and reciever. Maybe they haven't played a running team like West is

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:49 pm Channel 7 in Wheeling has lots of highlights of WCC games.
Go to www.wtrf.com and search for Wheeling Central.
Lots of speed at quarterback and reciever. Maybe they haven't played a running team like West is
So you're saying they're similar to Waverly only they have more experience and speed at the QB position and they're #1 ranked in WV. Love the optimism but Waverly was able to slow down the running game and they couldn't stop the run going in. West just to 1-dimensional and I'm sure WCC has bigger better athletes then waverly up front on that d-line. I've seen the highlights from Linsley and considering who they bring in to win like that and do that to that team West is in for a LONG LONG night. Not sure who or why this game got scheduled, did someone cancel out on west leaving them with a opening?? I know week 9 is tough to fill because most teams are in league play but DANG surely they could've found something a little more on the level. Good Luck, as always I cheer for SEO teams but I know it's a tall task.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck West.Was this the closest game that they could schedule for the 9th game of the year?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The schedule has been messed up since Northwest dropped to the SOC1. Fairland originally dropped back to that week 9 game, but then they went back to week one when the OVC expanded. Then Fairland came off the schedule this year. Batavia and Cincinnati Shroeder Padia were week 9 the last couple years. Schroeder looked like a JV team. WCC was 6-4 last year and won the State Title. Martins Ferry beat them last year and West beat Ferry in the playoffs so who knows

Scheduling should improve with a 5th conference game when Oak Hill moves up next year

Waverly played very inspired last week. They were embarrassed from Wheelersburg and played like it. No idea of the level of competition WCC has played. Some of these teams don't like contact. Maybe they'll commit turnovers or play uninspired. You never know

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:17 pm The schedule has been messed up since Northwest dropped to the SOC1. Fairland originally dropped back to that week 9 game, but then they went back to week one when the OVC expanded. Then Fairland came off the schedule this year. Batavia and Cincinnati Shroeder Padia were week 9 the last couple years. Schroeder looked like a JV team. WCC was 6-4 last year and won the State Title. Martins Ferry beat them last year and West beat Ferry in the playoffs so who knows

Scheduling should improve with a 5th conference game when Oak Hill moves up next year

Waverly played very inspired last week. They were embarrassed from Wheelersburg and played like it. No idea of the level of competition WCC has played. Some of these teams don't like contact. Maybe they'll commit turnovers or play uninspired. You never know
Oh ok, that explains the scheduling a lot more and yeah I would think with Oak Hill moving up that would fix having to fill in a open date like that. Not sure who all they've played but I know Linsley, who even has a Penn State commit, and they are stacked across the board because they're a boarding school and get players from all over. WCC beating them 31-14 tells me a lot about what WCC is bringing to the table, best of luck though.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

So West has two defending state champions and a state runner-up on their schedule, all three from different states. When's the last time that happened?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Wheeling Central Catholic is Class A in WV and could compete with many AAA and most AA teams in the Mountain State. Think Portsmouth Notre Dame in the early 1970's. The Senators playoff chances would be enhanced with a win so I am sure they will give the Knights their best effort.

Here is some internet chatter on the game from a WV site:

http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_ ... 322.0.html

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”