Green 16 Northwest 7

alabama mike
SE

Green 16 Northwest 7

Post by alabama mike »

NW is coming off their first win of the season last Friday night at Roy Rogers Field against ND. Green, led by Coach Newsome is having a good year in the win column. Who wins Friday night?

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Re: Week #9 Green at Northwest

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Best of luck to the Bobcats.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Bobcats in this one.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well, I'm curious as to whether or not this could be a trap game for Green. They just picked up the big win against Eastern but in doing so also lost their big back to a shoulder injury. Northwest has scored 24 and 35 in 2 of the last 3 weeks, this is a big game for Green as with Oak Hill in week 10 they need this win. I'm going to go with Green in a close one but I will not be surprised at all if northwest pulled off the upset here, think the game will be closer then what most will predict. Good Luck

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Honestly this is a pickem game. I know Northwest will be fired up with there last game on there field and Green has a lot on the line.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 pm Well, I'm curious as to whether or not this could be a trap game for Green. They just picked up the big win against Eastern but in doing so also lost their big back to a shoulder injury. Northwest has scored 24 and 35 in 2 of the last 3 weeks, this is a big game for Green as with Oak Hill in week 10 they need this win. I'm going to go with Green in a close one but I will not be surprised at all if northwest pulled off the upset here, think the game will be closer then what most will predict. Good Luck
Northwest will probably be pretty hard to beat this week after getting there first win. If Green also lost there running back, that won't make it any easier. I would also say that it will probably be a very close game. Hope both teams have an injury free gane.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

This will be the last Varsity game played on the grass field. The field is a absolute mess. They had to cancel the soccer games this evening. Hopefully Northwest will have everyone back this week. Going with the Mohawks.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:11 pm This will be the last Varsity game played on the grass field. The field is a absolute mess. They had to cancel the soccer games this evening. Hopefully Northwest will have everyone back this week. Going with the Mohawks.
Oh is it next year they're getting the new field and facilities put in??

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I read they are supposed to start on the new field and facilities as soon as football season is over.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 pm I read they are supposed to start on the new field and facilities as soon as football season is over.
Knew they were building just didn't know how soon, that's cool. Soon enough Northwest will end up moving back up with the big boys getting facilities like that

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 pm I read they are supposed to start on the new field and facilities as soon as football season is over.
Knew they were building just didn't know how soon, that's cool. Soon enough Northwest will end up moving back up with the big boys getting facilities like that
They should be made to move up or drop out. These bigger schools playing smaller teams just because you struggle at a sport is wrong. Picking and choosing the sports you play SOCI and SOCII shouldn't be an option whether it's football, basketball, baseball, or soccer.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:24 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:11 pm This will be the last Varsity game played on the grass field. The field is a absolute mess. They had to cancel the soccer games this evening. Hopefully Northwest will have everyone back this week. Going with the Mohawks.
Oh is it next year they're getting the new field and facilities put in??
They will be starting on the field in the next couple of weeks.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Re: Green @ Northwest

Post by Mavrick2016 »

wowzer33 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:56 am Hope Green LOSES!
No one cares what you want.
Go Cats !

bradyquinnd
Waterboy

Post by bradyquinnd »

No one cares what you think or hope Wowzer----Killer ----Stay off any Green topic---for the love of all Humanity...

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Dear bowzer,
Shut up.
Love,
Everyone

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Ted is a good friend and has done a fantastic job. However, Doug is and has as well and I'm a Mohawk. Good luck Northwest.

Reg79
Waterboy

Post by Reg79 »

Westfan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm
They should be made to move up or drop out. These bigger schools playing smaller teams just because you struggle at a sport is wrong. Picking and choosing the sports you play SOCI and SOCII shouldn't be an option whether it's football, basketball, baseball, or soccer.
Quit taking their talent and they would have a better chance of competing

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Reg79 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Westfan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Quit taking their talent and they would have a better chance of competing
So west is taking Northwest's talent?? It's not the kids deciding to leave?? I'm actually kind of curious really with #11 being a freshman stud as to whether or not he'll remain at Northwest the entire time.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

If Alec Smith is healthy this week he is only 33 yards away from 1000 on the season. How long has it been since Green has had a Thousand yard rusher?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Is Alex Smith the running back that got hurt last week against Eastern?

Return to “Football”