Marietta won’t let Dover band do halftime

elyoho21
Waterboy

Re: Marietta won’t let Dover band do halftime

Post by elyoho21 »

Still unsure why people are complaining about the band not playing on a football forum. Anyways, its very common for people to whine about something before they know the facts or details. Marietta holds a Senior night for all the senior fall sport athletes. They do this every year and they do it the same way each year. I don't ever recall another school complaining about it, probably due to having more respect for the opposing home field school. They do the cheerleading and football players pregame and all other fall sports at halftime. Its a very lengthy ordeal. I'm sure the Marietta band members are equally as bummed they're not preforming, as well as their parents. But I also know they respect their school and fellow senior classmates that deserve recognition and will still be there supporting and preforming in the stands to support their team as they always do....regardless of if they have 20 or 100 members or the quality of their band skill as some have noted above. Knowing this was made aware to all parties involved well ahead of the game was the proper way to handle this. Different schools have different ways of honoring their athletes and no need to bash a school because of that. Maybe that kindler, gentler generation where people are easily offended and think everyone deserves it being fair could be it. Well, fair is both bands not preforming and properly recognizing the fall athletes. Curious to see the respect the Dover fans and athletes will show for the honored Marietta athletes since they feel they were slighted.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

elyoho21 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:24 am Still unsure why people are complaining about the band not playing on a football forum. Anyways, its very common for people to whine about something before they know the facts or details. Marietta holds a Senior night for all the senior fall sport athletes. They do this every year and they do it the same way each year. I don't ever recall another school complaining about it, probably due to having more respect for the opposing home field school. They do the cheerleading and football players pregame and all other fall sports at halftime. Its a very lengthy ordeal. I'm sure the Marietta band members are equally as bummed they're not preforming, as well as their parents. But I also know they respect their school and fellow senior classmates that deserve recognition and will still be there supporting and preforming in the stands to support their team as they always do....regardless of if they have 20 or 100 members or the quality of their band skill as some have noted above. Knowing this was made aware to all parties involved well ahead of the game was the proper way to handle this. Different schools have different ways of honoring their athletes and no need to bash a school because of that. Maybe that kindler, gentler generation where people are easily offended and think everyone deserves it being fair could be it. Well, fair is both bands not preforming and properly recognizing the fall athletes. Curious to see the respect the Dover fans and athletes will show for the honored Marietta athletes since they feel they were slighted.
Good Post !

Wildcatter
Waterboy

Post by Wildcatter »

Maybe Marietta College wouldn’t let them. Heard through the grapevine that Marietta high school pays the college $50,000 a year to use Don Drum stadium.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Wildcatter wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:51 am Maybe Marietta College wouldn’t let them. Heard through the grapevine that Marietta high school pays the college $50,000 a year to use Don Drum stadium.
It was because Marietta held their senior night.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”