Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Alexander (4-4) @ Warren (1-7)

Post by VetteMan »

Even though Warren is at home, I think Alexander is the better team and will win.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Alex picks up win number 5.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds like this could be a game to watch.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Alex's qb looked good against NY. I know there were 2 pics on a couple deep balls but he hit some receivers in stride and made decent reads. I think if the QB is on and the defense plays the same defense it has as of late then Alex takes this one. Go Sparty!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a close game

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

Good luck to the Spartans from Wellston.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I thought the offense looked better against NY at times. But it just feels like we limit ourselves with our play calls. We had times that we were unpredictable for about half a possession, but then after a little bit of success we go back to the same bitty ball stuff that does not work. We cannot make mistakes and get behind the chains. It is just too difficult for us to move the ball with the attack we use.

I do agree the defense has played really well this year. The boys do compete and are getting better each week.

Hoping for win #5.

Go Alex.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

spartans_fan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:10 am I thought the offense looked better against NY at times. But it just feels like we limit ourselves with our play calls. We had times that we were unpredictable for about half a possession, but then after a little bit of success we go back to the same bitty ball stuff that does not work. We cannot make mistakes and get behind the chains. It is just too difficult for us to move the ball with the attack we use.

I do agree the defense has played really well this year. The boys do compete and are getting better each week.

Hoping for win #5.

Go Alex.
I don’t think the playcalling is predictable. You HAVE to run certain plays during the game.

The jet sets up the counter off the jet, which sets up the qb counter trey after faking the jet and counter, which sets up the play action pass after faking the counter. The playcalling is fine, just little things that can help alex execute better like picking up the blitz, chipping and reaching to the backside linebacker, etc. Dean will have them ready to go for Warren. Hopefully they’re clicking this Friday! Go Sparty!

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Warren is much improved game by game. They dont give up anymore and always fighting. With the schedule Waren has played and only down 7-0 at half last week against a good Williamstown team I see Warren pulling this out and they will just keep gettin better. There is some great young talent on the team and they are hungry.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Spartans in a close one

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

OSU22 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:56 am
spartans_fan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:10 am I thought the offense looked better against NY at times. But it just feels like we limit ourselves with our play calls. We had times that we were unpredictable for about half a possession, but then after a little bit of success we go back to the same bitty ball stuff that does not work. We cannot make mistakes and get behind the chains. It is just too difficult for us to move the ball with the attack we use.

Hoping for win #5.

Go Alex.
I don’t think the playcalling is predictable. You HAVE to run certain plays during the game.

The jet sets up the counter off the jet, which sets up the qb counter trey after faking the jet and counter, which sets up the play action pass after faking the counter. The playcalling is fine, just little things that can help alex execute better like picking up the blitz, chipping and reaching to the backside linebacker, etc. Dean will have them ready to go for Warren. Hopefully they’re clicking this Friday! Go Sparty!
I understand counters and play action pass. There has been zero play action passes this year. Almost no counters. If we were to actually play action pass, I think the other team would pass out. I hope we are ready. The kids have out performed expectations this year, but the growth has to keep going.

Go Alex.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

spartans_fan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:28 am

Hoping for win #5.

Go Alex.

I understand counters and play action pass. There has been zero play action passes this year. Almost no counters. If we were to actually play action pass, I think the other team would pass out. I hope we are ready. The kids have out performed expectations this year, but the growth has to keep going.

Go Alex.
There have definitely been counters and Play action passes lol

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Hoping Alex can get win number 5!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

spartans_fan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:28 am

Hoping for win #5.

Go Alex.

Go Alex.
You might wanna go back and look at the film. Alex runs more than enough counters and play Action.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Its Senior Night in Vincent.

I'm going with the Warriors.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Warren with their 2nd win !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
elyoho21
Waterboy

Post by elyoho21 »

Pulling for the Warriors in this one. Coach Day has this program headed in the right direction.

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

The Storm is coming.. Warren gets win #2 and headed for the right direction . Coach Day has done wonders with this program. Everyone will start taking notice its no an easy win anymore you have to earn it.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Basketball season can’t start soon enough at Warren.

Return to “Football”