Piketon 42 Zane Trace 38

Big Bob
Waterboy

Re: Piketon (0-8) @ Zane Trace (3-5)

Post by Big Bob »

One play does not decide the outcome of a game. However, the penalty being referenced, because of when (less than 6 minutes left in the game) and where (30 yards behind the play; moved the ball from the HHS 10 back to the PHS 15) it happened, had a huge impact on the game, because of the bad snap on the punt and safety that followed. Turned a PHS 8 point lead with HHS having to go 90 yards to possibly tie into a 6 point lead and 30 yards to go to tie and take the lead. Was it selfish? Probably. Was it unnecessary? Definitely.

Will there be changes at Piketon? Possibly, but I don't know. Does there need to be changes? Not necessarily at the top, but maybe further on down. There have been some schematic changes due to injuries, but I feel they came a bit too late.

Can Piketon win Friday? I believe so. They will have to play as hard as they did against Huntington, and have few if any mistakes.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Good luck Redstreaks this Friday. Piketon played with a lot of heart last week, should be a testament to the young men and staff!

Not a fan of calling kids out, also not a fan of some dropping innuendos about the state of the program on a message board!

No prediction from me, just hoping for a good game and preferable outcome for the Streaks!

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Piketon by 7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Piketon picking up their first win.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Big Bob wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:52 am One play does not decide the outcome of a game. However, the penalty being referenced, because of when (less than 6 minutes left in the game) and where (30 yards behind the play; moved the ball from the HHS 10 back to the PHS 15) it happened, had a huge impact on the game, because of the bad snap on the punt and safety that followed. Turned a PHS 8 point lead with HHS having to go 90 yards to possibly tie into a 6 point lead and 30 yards to go to tie and take the lead. Was it selfish? Probably. Was it unnecessary? Definitely.

Will there be changes at Piketon? Possibly, but I don't know. Does there need to be changes? Not necessarily at the top, but maybe further on down. There have been some schematic changes due to injuries, but I feel they came a bit too late.

Can Piketon win Friday? I believe so. They will have to play as hard as they did against Huntington, and have few if any mistakes.
I GUARANTEE you that no one feels worse about that lack of judgement than the player himself. But that play didn’t change the outcome of the game. Our defense still failed to hold and our offense had I believe 2 opportunities after that to score and didn’t.

It’s going to take more than an 0-10 season to get rid of a coach that’s been in a program as long as him as it should. Tyler is a great dude and a solid coach. He’s not going anywhere. Wouldn’t hurt to get some upgrades done to the facilities and some help on the staff. No offense to any of the assistants I know most of you guys are volunteers and doing the best you can and we appreciate that. This has been a tough season for us all. Here’s to hoping we pull out the W at Zane Trace tonight!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Piketon 42 Zane Trace 39

Post by mattash »

Piketon 42 Zane Trace 39

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrat Piketon!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats players, coaches and fans

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:34 am
Big Bob wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:52 am One play does not decide the outcome of a game. However, the penalty being referenced, because of when (less than 6 minutes left in the game) and where (30 yards behind the play; moved the ball from the HHS 10 back to the PHS 15) it happened, had a huge impact on the game, because of the bad snap on the punt and safety that followed. Turned a PHS 8 point lead with HHS having to go 90 yards to possibly tie into a 6 point lead and 30 yards to go to tie and take the lead. Was it selfish? Probably. Was it unnecessary? Definitely.

I GUARANTEE you that no one feels worse about that lack of judgement than the player himself. But that play didn’t change the outcome of the game. Our defense still failed to hold and our offense had I believe 2 opportunities after that to score and didn’t.

It’s going to take more than an 0-10 season to get rid of a coach that’s been in a program as long as him as it should. Tyler is a great dude and a solid coach. He’s not going anywhere. Wouldn’t hurt to get some upgrades done to the facilities and some help on the staff. No offense to any of the assistants I know most of you guys are volunteers and doing the best you can and we appreciate that. This has been a tough season for us all. Here’s to hoping we pull out the W at Zane Trace tonight!
Totally agree - I called the Piketon win tonight on the Tiger Tailgate show last night...

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats piketon, another nail biter this time you came out on the right side.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Good win streaks!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Way to keep battling, congrats on the win piketon.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Even though I like both of these teams, I am glad to see Piketon get the win. They really needed to post one.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Great effort by the boys last night. Plenty of opportunity to hang their heads and roll over but kept fighting. Backs hit the holes harder than I have seen all year which had our offense looking much better. 1 more week to work hard and try for one more.

pktnred
Waterboy

Post by pktnred »

I will have to give the whole team a big CONGRATULATIONS. That is what a battle looks like. That is what it looks like when we fire on all cylinders. Coaches, volunteer coaches and the WHOLE team. That was a good win, now let's carry his over to that purple team up north. Let's finish strong STREAKS

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Great win for the streaks. I am looking forward to this game next week. Every time we go to piketon it is a battle regardless of how good either team is. Since I’ve moved here this has been the best game to go to. If all the svc schools I enjoy playing piketon the most, no bad blood there fans are good ppl never had any problems with them. Had a chance to speak with Tyler this year. Lot of respect for him and the way he coaches. I’m hoping we keep building on this recent momentum and play a strong game. Last time we came down here it was one of the best games I’ve ever seen. Hoping for a good game and a tanks win good luck to the streaks, I think you will catch some ppl off guard the next few years.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I heard that Piketon threw 8 interceptions and still won.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

petesweaty wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 am I heard that Piketon threw 8 interceptions and still won.
3 were in 2 pt conversions so technically 5 and a fumble but I think ZT turned it over 3/4 times

Return to “Football”