Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Piketon (0-8) @ Zane Trace (3-5)

Post by VetteMan »

I thought Piketon was going to get there first win last week. It will be hard to get it this week at Zane Trace.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Zane Trace 34
Piketon 16

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ZT’s offense is pretty awful, so if Piketon can get a couple early scores, then they might have a shot. I think the first team to 20 wins.

pktnred
Waterboy

Post by pktnred »

Piketon is struggling to get all the pieces back together as a whole team. There is a lot of young players that have stepped up and played this year, along with some of the SR's and Jr's. If you look at the big picture of the past 3 games, you see that they are getting better and playing better football. I think they put together 4 quarters of football this Friday night and get the job done. They do this on a field that screwed them 3 years ago. GO STREAKS. On a personal note : I feel sorry for the seniors on this team, they were let down by their fellow classmates! They chose to sit in the stands on Friday nights instead of putting in the hard work and standing with the TEAM on that field. I felt the pain last Friday, when a selfish player changed the outcome of that game by doing something incredibly stupid. I feel for the coaching staff who work so hard during the week to prep and prepare the kids for the following football game. These coaches who give everything from time away from their families, money from their pocket and emotional support to those kids. Then only to be bashed by parents sitting in OUR stands and on social media like this fourm. Yes ... everyone hears you and sees what you type. I AM A PIKETON REDSTREAK....I BLEED RED AND GRAY. I SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL AND THE COACHES. STEP UP OR STEP OUT.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Piketon played very physical last week. Keep that up and I believe we can come away with a victory.
P 24
ZT 13

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I was surprised with our defense holding Huntington to 24 points. If our defense plays like that I could see a low scoring game that we could pull off. If we see the defense from the previous 7 games ZT could put up 35+ Gonna need to keep this game in the high teens low 20’s to pull it off imo

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Just because I predict piketon to lose doesn’t mean I want them to or hope they do. I’m just giving my best guess to what I think the end score will be. I’m still cheering just as hard for them to win.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pktnred wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:26 pm Piketon is struggling to get all the pieces back together as a whole team. There is a lot of young players that have stepped up and played this year, along with some of the SR's and Jr's. If you look at the big picture of the past 3 games, you see that they are getting better and playing better football. I think they put together 4 quarters of football this Friday night and get the job done. They do this on a field that screwed them 3 years ago. GO STREAKS. On a personal note : I feel sorry for the seniors on this team, they were let down by their fellow classmates! They chose to sit in the stands on Friday nights instead of putting in the hard work and standing with the TEAM on that field. I felt the pain last Friday, when a selfish player changed the outcome of that game by doing something incredibly stupid. I feel for the coaching staff who work so hard during the week to prep and prepare the kids for the following football game. These coaches who give everything from time away from their families, money from their pocket and emotional support to those kids. Then only to be bashed by parents sitting in OUR stands and on social media like this fourm. Yes ... everyone hears you and sees what you type. I AM A PIKETON REDSTREAK....I BLEED RED AND GRAY. I SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL AND THE COACHES. STEP UP OR STEP OUT.
Being awfully hard on a kid by branding them as a selfish player based off of 1 mistake in a game that had over 160 plays in it dont ya think?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Can’t believe a coach would get on here and single a kid out.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

👆👆👆👆👆

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pktnred wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:26 pm Piketon is struggling to get all the pieces back together as a whole team. There is a lot of young players that have stepped up and played this year, along with some of the SR's and Jr's. If you look at the big picture of the past 3 games, you see that they are getting better and playing better football. I think they put together 4 quarters of football this Friday night and get the job done. They do this on a field that screwed them 3 years ago. GO STREAKS. On a personal note : I feel sorry for the seniors on this team, they were let down by their fellow classmates! They chose to sit in the stands on Friday nights instead of putting in the hard work and standing with the TEAM on that field. I felt the pain last Friday, when a selfish player changed the outcome of that game by doing something incredibly stupid. I feel for the coaching staff who work so hard during the week to prep and prepare the kids for the following football game. These coaches who give everything from time away from their families, money from their pocket and emotional support to those kids. Then only to be bashed by parents sitting in OUR stands and on social media like this fourm. Yes ... everyone hears you and sees what you type. I AM A PIKETON REDSTREAK....I BLEED RED AND GRAY. I SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL AND THE COACHES. STEP UP OR STEP OUT.
Maybe I’m reading this incorrectly but how are the seniors being let down by kids in the stands? I do t get that at all.

What did the selfish player do that was incredibly stupid? Does that kid not sacrifice his time from his friends and family, take away valuable homework time, workout, battle in practice and games for the Red and Gray? You get on here to apparently go after some bashing parent and then also single out a kid (whom I assume everyone from Piketon knows who you are speaking of)....aren’t you doing similar to what you are so upset about?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm
Maybe I’m reading this incorrectly but how are the seniors being let down by kids in the stands? I do t get that at all.

What did the selfish player do that was incredibly stupid? Does that kid not sacrifice his time from his friends and family, take away valuable homework time, workout, battle in practice and games for the Red and Gray? You get on here to apparently go after some bashing parent and then also single out a kid (whom I assume everyone from Piketon knows who you are speaking of)....aren’t you doing similar to what you are so upset about?
You nailed it. I don’t get it, but some people just love to be hypocritical.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You're playing better Piketon. Go get that first win Friday night.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Very true, but if you look at the number of post probably won't even see a reply from the individual. Probably a parent with a senior on the team would be my guess. Yes, some of your seniors decided they didn't want to play and wanted to focus on other things, Grooms got caught up having to miss 1st-5 games and didn't play. At the beginning of the year everyone in Piketon was talking about how fine they were and play with what you have, you can't sit here now and blame kids for deciding not to play. It is not their fault the team is 0-8 and it's the Piketon Redstreaks as a whole coaches to players no one is singled out, it's just a rough year for them kids sitting in the stands didn't get make them that way. Unfortunately given the way the season has gone I'm afraid it will probably cost Piketon more then just wins once it's all said and done from what I'm hearing. Good Luck to the boys who have stuck it out and fought every Friday night remember this year, work hard in the weight room and prepare in the offseason for 2019.

As far as this game goes ZT takes this one by 2 scores.

Hoopsallday
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsallday »

Zane Trace by 25

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I fear if Piketon is not able to get a win these last two weeks, things may get interesting in Redstreak country this offseason... I know people are already starting to talk in the community of changes needing to be made. I hate to hear that, because there are so many factors that go into being successful or unsuccessful as a program. But as many know, the majority of people like to point in one direction when things are bad. I just hope they are able to get thru this season and move forward in whatever way possible.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:29 am I fear if Piketon is not able to get a win these last two weeks, things may get interesting in Redstreak country this offseason... I know people are already starting to talk in the community of changes needing to be made. I hate to hear that, because there are so many factors that go into being successful or unsuccessful as a program. But as many know, the majority of people like to point in one direction when things are bad. I just hope they are able to get thru this season and move forward in whatever way possible.
Those who talk the loudest normally have no understanding of the game......

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

metwct44 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:33 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:29 am I fear if Piketon is not able to get a win these last two weeks, things may get interesting in Redstreak country this offseason... I know people are already starting to talk in the community of changes needing to be made. I hate to hear that, because there are so many factors that go into being successful or unsuccessful as a program. But as many know, the majority of people like to point in one direction when things are bad. I just hope they are able to get thru this season and move forward in whatever way possible.
Those who talk the loudest normally have no understanding of the game......
In this case it's more along the lines of where there's smoke there's fire. This is being said by different groups around the area not just couple upset parents, people are waiting to see how it unfolds come end of the year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Pioneers at home

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”