Site Admin

Portsmouth 40 South Point 7

Post by mattash »

How many carries does Parker get?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Portsmouth (5-3) @ South Point (0-8)

Post by VetteMan »

Parker with a lot of yards, PHS with the win.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm How many carries does Parker get?
20-25 should be all he needs in this one

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

1st half or less. Get the 500 yards then ride the bench and rest. His goal is amazing and will get it. But week 11 is something Portsmouth hasn’t seen in 11 years. You need everyone healthy week 10. It’s more than a game it’s for a possible postseason game. Get the score up a little and mix backups and jv in. Give number 5 a lot of qb reps. Kids a beast and is the future of the team behind center. If anyone is banged up this game you can take it easy on them. Don’t overlook this team, get the score up and get starters out. We need ZERO injuries for week 10.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Play starters late until the 4th no matter the score. They need to find out who’s the next man up for one heck of a lineman. Gifford will have a game plan so don’t look to far ahead

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Why would you play the starters any longer than necessary? Why take a chance on getting someone hurt? After 9 games, I'm pretty sure they know who the next man up is.

Beergogglebluez
SE

VetteMan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:11 pm Why would you play the starters any longer than necessary? Why take a chance on getting someone hurt? After 9 games, I'm pretty sure they know who the next man up is.
My point exactly. No disrespect toward south point but the scores this year have shown teams pull there starters out halftime or earlier. They may come out swinging and ready to play. I know parker wants his records and that’s awesome. He can run for whatever and I’ll be happy. Play the starters whole game I’ll be happy. My thought is if the game is a total blowout rest you’re big dogs and get ready to battle week 10. It’s been years since Portsmouth can even say a possible week 11 is in site. If they play whole game awesome. I’ll be cheering no matter what. I’m thinking about the really hard game next week and a shot at week 11. Doesn’t matter to me what they do. Maybe playing them all game keeps the rhythm? Test new plays and formations.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

My opinion is you can’t worry about injuries. JV is for Monday varsity is for Friday’s.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hopefully the Trojans will be focused on Friday and play as mistake free football as they can. No turnovers and an absolute minimum of penalties. With Ironton next week, I would like to see PHS mix in some passes vs. SP, because I just don't think the Trojans will beat the Tigers with just run, run, run. For the SP boys, keep your heads up, keep fighting, it's been a tough season, but remember that there will be better days ahead if you put in the work. These tough times won't last forever.

GO TROJANS!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

trojandave wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:16 pm Hopefully the Trojans will be focused on Friday and play as mistake free football as they can. No turnovers and an absolute minimum of penalties. With Ironton next week, I would like to see PHS mix in some passes vs. SP, because I just don't think the Trojans will beat the Tigers with just run, run, run. For the SP boys, keep your heads up, keep fighting, it's been a tough season, but remember that there will be better days ahead if you put in the work. These tough times won't last forever.

GO TROJANS!!
Very true words Trojandave. Portsmouth has went thru many years of subpar play. We still haven’t been the Portsmouth of old but working to get there. South point I give those kids credit they keep playing knowing there the underdog. Stick it out and brighter days will come.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth 40 South Point 7

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth 40 South Point 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point gives up a fumble, two blocked punts and an interception. Without those turnovers this game could have been way closer. SP was able to stop thr Trojans on 4th down 3 times.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

How many yards for Parker?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:42 pm How many yards for Parker?
Under 150 would be my guess. I’d like to know as well

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Trojans, Coach Kalb, and his staff on securing a 6th win and a winning season in his first year at PHS. I have to give the SP boys a lot of credit, because they played really hard, and especially well on D despite the final score. Most of the Trojans' scores were set up by Pointer turnovers, giving PHS a short field. Good to see the coaching staff include some passes in their offensive game plan, and QB Danny Lattimore threw the ball well. That will be needed next Friday vs. Ironton.

GO TROJANS!! BEAT IRONTON!!

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Coach Gifford is a good coach and better man. SP give Coach three years with HIS players and then judge him. You’re going to have to give a football coach some time to build a rapport with the community and kids. It takes time👌🏻

Beergogglebluez
SE

Don’t let that score fool you. It was 6-0 a long time. South point held Parker in check compared to most of the teams we played. I was very impressed with that. South point had a lot of turnovers and poor punts. But they showed Portsmouth needs to work on the secondary. Many times there receivers got behind coverage and if it wasnt for a few overthrown balls and drops they would of scored more. I thought they were better than there record. Twice in the first quarter they stopped Portsmouth on 4th down. I think Portsmouth had a bad night. Played flat and maybe thinking about Ironton and south point would be easy. But the game is over and on to week 10. I’m very proud of south point for not giving up and playing hard. It’s really hard on kids to keep showing up when you keep losing. But they played hard.

Codeblue79
Waterboy

Post by Codeblue79 »

I have to say South Point really impressed me with their sportsmanship. They have been coached well in that department. With exception of the very last play of the game, it was refreshing to see players helping each other up after a play and letting that player know hey good hit. And Portsmouth also had good sportsmanship. They were doing the same thing. It was nice to see. With all that you see in the news today with kids, and parents, fighting at high school events is crazy. It was great to see these 2 teams have a lot of respect for each other and treat each other with great sportsmanship. Both teams have been taught well.

Return to “Football”