Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Re: Amanda-Clearcreek @ Hamilton Township

Post by Zunardo »

Rangers need to belt up for this one.

Sounds like the Creek is rising this year. We respect the Amanda tradition and won't be taking anything for granted, especially with a Hinton at the helm (I still shudder just thinking about that name).

Football weather with a chance of rain. Call it an altercation at Alumni Field.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Never under estimate AC. Should be a good ballgame.

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Post by MORBaseball »

Zunardo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:35 am Rangers need to belt up for this one.

Sounds like the Creek is rising this year. We respect the Amanda tradition and won't be taking anything for granted, especially with a Hinton at the helm (I still shudder just thinking about that name).

There isn't a Hinton at the helm at AC. They are coached for the first time in 35 years by someone who has no ties to Amanda-Clearcreek. Former Berne Union head coach Steve Daulton is now the head coach at AC. The Aces are in a 4 way tie for first in the MSL Buckeye (AC, Bloom Carroll, Teays Valley, Hamilton Township). Amanda was beaten pretty soundly in week 6 at Bloom Carroll. They'll need to play much better the final two games of the season at HT and home with TV to earn a share of the title.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

MORBaseball wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:13 pm
There isn't a Hinton at the helm at AC. They are coached for the first time in 35 years by someone who has no ties to Amanda-Clearcreek. Former Berne Union head coach Steve Daulton is now the head coach at AC. The Aces are in a 4 way tie for first in the MSL Buckeye (AC, Bloom Carroll, Teays Valley, Hamilton Township). Amanda was beaten pretty soundly in week 6 at Bloom Carroll. They'll need to play much better the final two games of the season at HT and home with TV to earn a share of the title.
D'oh! Thanks for the correction. That's what I get for using MaxPreps to check before posting.

I think the 4 teams tied for first have all had Jekyll-Hyde games. Really surprised at the Bloom Carroll-Columbus Academy score last week

Daulton, that sounds like a gunslinger name. Dang, I could have had have written a new Hamilton Gulch episode if I'd known. :mrgreen:

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Heads up to Aces fans:

Zunardo's Famous Lobster Bisque on sale tonight at the visitor concession stand, along with a plethora of other hearty soups. You lucky sons of guns.

Nigel Tufnel
Waterboy

Post by Nigel Tufnel »

This should be a good game. HT was always my favorite "hostile" environment to go to when I played (along with Berne Union).

This is THE game for the Aces in terms of playoffs this year. They seem less likely to beat Teays Valley next week (I know HT just beat them) and MUST win one of the remaining two games to be a playoff team. Of course if they win both they will also win at least a share of the league title.

The Aces haven't beaten the Rangers since 2011, and they have had several close losses (and a few blowouts) since then.

Losing this game the past few years has helped keep the Aces out of the playoffs, so they need to get over this hump to play week 11.

Good luck to both teams, but better luck to the Aces :)

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Amanda-Clearcreek 37 Hamilton Township 0

Post by mattash »

Amanda-Clearcreek 37 Hamilton Township 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Re: Amanda-Clearcreek 37 Hamilton Township 0

Post by Zunardo »

----1--2--3--4
AC -0-16-7-14
HT -0--0--0--0

Wow. It was a dark and stormy night that did not bode well for HT. The heavens opened up early in the game, bringing driving rain and cold wind. Kept waiting for a raven to come knock-knock-knocking at the pressbox door.

Amanda Clearcreek came to play last night, breaking that 6-year losing streak against Hamilton Twp with a vengeance. They simply blocked better, ran better, and tackled better all night long, and the Rangers had no response.

Aces started the scoring early in the 2nd quarter on a 39-yard pass play, then added a 50-yard interception return two minutes later. Amanda missed a 26-yd FG attempt with just under 3 minutes left in the half, then got the ball back again, and nailed a 39-yd field goal with under a minute to go.

Second half, more of the same. Amanda's QB Peyton Madison took over, keeping the ball and running off tackle with superb blocking. He scored twice in four minutes, on runs of 20 and 37 yards, putting the 30-point running clock in action with 11:51 left in the game. Aces final score came on another Pick-6 and 45-yard return.

The Rangers could not get any field position throughout the game, several 3-and-outs while punting deep in their own territory, and the Aces kept taking advantage. If Amanda Clearcreek plays like this next week, I'm picking them to defeat Teays Valley in week 10.

WHAT-THE-HECK MOMENT:
I've never seen this before - the stadium lost all electrical power withe 50 seconds to go in the first half, just while the Aces were set to kick off after the field goal. I was in the pressbox, where we were dark for about 6 or 7 seconds, then our power was restored - apparently both concession stands got power back as well, but field remained pitch black.

I heard over the walkie-talkie that a car may have hit an electric pole on nearby Lockbourne Rd, and we figured the game would postponed. But apparently our AD was able to reset the breaker switch for the stadium lights, and told us we had about a 15-20 minute wait for the lights to warm back up. Fortunately, both teams got a good warm-up before resuming, no injuries, and no further incidents.

The guy who used to run the clock for us said the same thing happened at HT in 1989 - the entire stadium lost power to in the middle of a game against - you guessed it - Amanda Clearcreek.

I remember us losing half of the stadium lights around 1994 just before halftime, and they finished the game the next day.
MORBaseball wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:13 pm They are coached for the first time in 35 years by someone who has no ties to Amanda-Clearcreek. Former Berne Union head coach Steve Daulton is now the head coach at AC.
I did get to meet Coach Daulton before the game yesterday. Best of luck to him and the Aces for week 10 and a possible playoff berth.

Return to “Football”