Bishop Waterson 14 Logan 0

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Logan 14 Bishop Waterson 0

Post by 1987chieftains »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:00 pm yep ... 2000 was a VERY VERY talented Joey Conrad at qb led team - lots and lots of talent all around at LHS to go with the outstanding coaching of Amyx/Robinson etc. ... 2001 had a group of seniors that played in the shadows of that graduating class of 2000 BUT something that made that 2000 undefeated LHS squad so good is they practiced against probably the 2nd best team in the SE District for their 4 years! - the 2001 LHS TEAM LOL ... Alex Penrod was the qb on the 2001 Purple TEAM that backed up the undefeated 2000 Purple TEAM season with a back to back zero loss regular season of their own ... great coaching in the Amyx/Robinson era of the Purple - Discipline ... Fundamentals ... nothing fancy BUT what they were able to do they did flawlessly ... one of the things that is overlooked in an era of spread/RPO offenses is that to be a great team teaching of fundamentals/discipline ie. coached in practice/games so that players/TEAM doesn't beat itself (ie. untimely penalties/poor execution/lax in play) - all of that is a discipline issue ... when a TEAM is disciplined/has been taught/held to the fundamentals - THAT IS a TEAM that is IN every game, that is a TEAM that gets it across the goal line ... if the discipline and fundamentals aren't there then the only thing that gets you W's is playing inferior teams (worse fundamentals/discipline than yourself) ... The Amyx/Robinson led era of football demanded discipline and fundamentals ... AP came through THAT Amyx/Robinson regime -AP KNOWS about discipline/fundamentals THAT is why he has been successful at every stop he has been in building PROGRAMS - Alexander and now Gallia Academy ... AP will be successful for a long time as a head coach ...
good post PFloyd

AT THE RESERVATION
loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan 14 Bishop Waterson 0

Post by loganlocos »

37reps@225# wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:57 am

In 2000 it was Conrad at q.b. John Cooper was at the game. Marshals offensive line coach was at the game. Both teams were 8-0 Jackson’s star qb separated his shoulder throwing arm early in the game. That was a talented Logan team if I remember right the twins transferred from nelsonville.
The Conrad’s played buddy football for Nelsonville - as Logan was just getting their Tomahawks program up and running.

But they went to Logan schools all the way through and played all other recreation league sports in Logan. I know because I think Joey and Johnny struck me out about 100 times in rec league baseball :lol:

Return to “Football”