Parker a call from Urban

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Re: Parker a call from Urban

Post by Fattseycline »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:28 am
Fattseycline wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:10 am
The pirate indian wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm Heard rumors in the off season that he was considering a transfer to burg, obviously and unfortunately lol that never came to fruition. It's fun to imagine how he would have done surrounded by a much better line and and a team with considerably more weapons to key on. Holden, Mathews, parker etc. That would be nasty.
The kid is a stud he has put on some muscle and his speed keeps getting better! I respect the kid more for staying at his home school and not taking the easy way out and transferring. If I were a college coach looking at him hat wound go along way for me I would see commitment. I don’t know what kind of a kid he is. I haven’t heard anything bad about him so I would guess he’s a good kid because of there was a lot of bad people would love to Spread the bad
100% agree. He has stayed where he’s from. He won’t leave. His dad, family are all from Portsmouth. College coaches follow what you do more than people think. The Notre Dame kid was at Portsmouth as a kid, burg, east, Notre Dame. Wonder in 2 weeks will it be somewhere else. Talyn is a great kid. He is the kid carrier for the team.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

The pirate indian wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm Heard rumors in the off season that he was considering a transfer to burg, obviously and unfortunately lol that never came to fruition. It's fun to imagine how he would have done surrounded by a much better line and and a team with considerably more weapons to key on. Holden, Mathews, parker etc. That would be nasty.
The kid is a stud he has put on some muscle and his speed keeps getting better! I respect the kid more for staying at his home school and not taking the easy way out and transferring. If I were a college coach looking at him hat wound go along way for me I would see commitment. I don’t know what kind of a kid he is. I haven’t heard anything bad about him so I would guess he’s a good kid because of there was a lot of bad people would love to Spread the bad
100% agree. He has stayed where he’s from. He won’t leave. His dad, family are all from Portsmouth. College coaches follow what you do more than people think. The Notre Dame kid was at Portsmouth as a kid, burg, east, Notre Dame. Wonder in 2 weeks will it be somewhere else. Talyn is a great kid. He is the kid carrier for the team.
That’s great to hear! I wish him all the best except for when he’s playing against Cg lol

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

IMO I don't think college coaches care where a player plays his high school ball but the coaches do look at what kind of competition he is playing and how good the player does against top notch competition that's why a lot of the 5 star recruits go to IMG Academy or some other high profile high school because your only as good as your competition IMO. And to get better you mist play against better players. But Parker is rare talent and I hope for nothing but the best for him and I hope PHS makes the playoffs

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Fattseycline wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm

I do get that, it is respectable no doubt, and his roots are deep in Portsmouth. His family has supplied some of the best backs to go through the school. However, if his goal is to develop to his full potential, play the best opponents, get the most experience/exposure, it hard to think that can be obtained at Portsmouth. At this point he will be lucky to get to the postseason 1 time in is high school carrier. That seems disappointing for such a rare talent

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

The pirate indian wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:39 pm
Fattseycline wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm

I do get that, it is respectable no doubt, and his roots are deep in Portsmouth. His family has supplied some of the best backs to go through the school. However, if his goal is to develop to his full potential, play the best opponents, get the most experience/exposure, it hard to think that can be obtained at Portsmouth. At this point he will be lucky to get to the postseason 1 time in is high school carrier. That seems disappointing for such a rare talent
Indeed sir. I see that point. He’s got this year and next year that’s it. Next year we lose a lot of valuable seniors. Mainly o line. Pretty important spots needed for a running back.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If he's talented enough, he will get noticed. I don't know all the details, but you don't just jump into a car and go to one of these : Academy : schools. I'm sure there costs involved, as well as a lot of other things. I wish the kid the very best. I can name you kid after kid from SEO that stayed at there SEO school, and did quite well for themselves. The kid from Jackson who is playing at Stanford right now, a kid from Oak Hill who played at Kent State, another kid from Jackson who played 4 years at Ohio U, the head coach at Ironton seems to do pretty well at Michigan St, Lets not forget a kid from Athens H S, I think his name is Joey Burrow. I could go on and on, the thing is if you are good enough, they will find you.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I agree that if you’re a D-1 talent, they will find you.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:31 pm If he's talented enough, he will get noticed. I don't know all the details, but you don't just jump into a car and go to one of these : Academy : schools. I'm sure there costs involved, as well as a lot of other things. I wish the kid the very best. I can name you kid after kid from SEO that stayed at there SEO school, and did quite well for themselves. The kid from Jackson who is playing at Stanford right now, a kid from Oak Hill who played at Kent State, another kid from Jackson who played 4 years at Ohio U, the head coach at Ironton seems to do pretty well at Michigan St, Lets not forget a kid from Athens H S, I think his name is Joey Burrow. I could go on and on, the thing is if you are good enough, they will find you.

well said. and yes if you are that type of talent they will find you. all the kids named from above and there are oodles more as well.....that could be a topic of its own and I believe at a one point there was a thread that had names and schools of the athletes that went on to play college ball at all levels. I don't care of its FBS, FCS DII, DIII to play at that next level you have to pretty good at the game.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

People keep doubting Parker's size. He is built and looks to be a little smaller than High School Mike Weber. Colleges have the resources to create a monster out of Parker, he just has to have the work ethic and the only people who can account for his work ethic are his teammates, coaches, and Parker himself.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Parker is the best athlete in Southern Ohio right now. Good to see him getting a look. If his grades are good, and attitude is right, he will get an opportunity. Would love for it to be the Buckeyes.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

I would have to question that Parker is the best athlete in southern Ohio I would agree that Parker is the best running back in southern Ohio But Holden from Burg is an all state football player and basketball player and I'm sure there are a few others but that's my opinion

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Holden would be a beast in track also. Good build for the 200 or 400, long jump and high jump too.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Not that impressed. Most of his yards came against bottomfeeders and weak OVC teams. Completely shut down by West and Gallia (well below 100 yards each time), the only two decent teams played against so far. Even those teams aren't amazing, but will at least make the playoffs. If you run for 300+ against Valley, Chesapeake, Fairland, so what? Those aren't good teams.

Honestly, his father was a better player in the sense that he produced against better teams. Big games against Ironton, Burg, Chaminade-Julienne, Licking Valley, etc. If Jojo had played against this OVC schedule back then, he would have the same if not better numbers.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Otto wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:13 pm Not that impressed. Most of his yards came against bottomfeeders and weak OVC teams. Completely shut down by West and Gallia (well below 100 yards each time), the only two decent teams played against so far. Even those teams aren't amazing, but will at least make the playoffs. If you run for 300+ against Valley, Chesapeake, Fairland, so what? Those aren't good teams.

Honestly, his father was a better player in the sense that he produced against better teams. Big games against Ironton, Burg, Chaminade-Julienne, Licking Valley, etc. If Jojo had played against this OVC schedule back then, he would have the same if not better numbers.

I bet you’re a ton of fun at parties.

37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

If he is serious about going d1 he needs to get out of Portsmouth. You will not get there from Portsmouth. A Jackson education and work ethic will get him where he needs to be moving 25 miles up the road is his only shot. They want winners at the next level. They look at your competition and yes wins and losses. His daddy had one heck of a team with several d1 recruits. But there is the chance he transfers and is just average against next level competition. What were his stats against gallia Jackson plays 4or 5 more teams just as good or better.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 am I agree that if you’re a D-1 talent, they will find you.
Yes they will!! Last year Holden was not on radar until Shelly Myer sat in front of me, she took out her phone and took a couple videos and sent to Urban. I watch her do it and there are people in the stands on Friday nights that know people to send a video to somebody to get to the right people!

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

If ur gonna transfer goingb2 jackson aint no better. Stay where he at play with his buddies. Recruitment is done in the summer camps nowadays.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I would be willing to bet that Portsmouth has produced at least 50 college football players on the last 20-25 years. Not sure how anyone is figuring being at PHS is hurting Parker.

37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

Barber1973 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 pm If ur gonna transfer goingb2 jackson aint no better. Stay where he at play with his buddies. Recruitment is done in the summer camps nowadays.
Jackson has the best jr. soph. Fresh. Class in the south. They will work with him to get him able to pass his ACT test. That will be this young mans biggest hurdle his grades. Jackson has the best teachers and is consistently the best state test scores. They also have a bunch of young guys that block hard. With his speed I am sure we can get him to the top. We will crush burg with or without him but in state what a weapon.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

If i was him and in his camp and felt that transferring was the best option. The Burgh. Case closed

Return to “Football”