Parker a call from Urban

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Re: Parker a call from Urban

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

I would have to question that Parker is the best athlete in southern Ohio I would agree that Parker is the best running back in southern Ohio But Holden from Burg is an all state football player and basketball player and I'm sure there are a few others but that's my opinion

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Holden would be a beast in track also. Good build for the 200 or 400, long jump and high jump too.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Not that impressed. Most of his yards came against bottomfeeders and weak OVC teams. Completely shut down by West and Gallia (well below 100 yards each time), the only two decent teams played against so far. Even those teams aren't amazing, but will at least make the playoffs. If you run for 300+ against Valley, Chesapeake, Fairland, so what? Those aren't good teams.

Honestly, his father was a better player in the sense that he produced against better teams. Big games against Ironton, Burg, Chaminade-Julienne, Licking Valley, etc. If Jojo had played against this OVC schedule back then, he would have the same if not better numbers.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Otto wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:13 pm Not that impressed. Most of his yards came against bottomfeeders and weak OVC teams. Completely shut down by West and Gallia (well below 100 yards each time), the only two decent teams played against so far. Even those teams aren't amazing, but will at least make the playoffs. If you run for 300+ against Valley, Chesapeake, Fairland, so what? Those aren't good teams.

Honestly, his father was a better player in the sense that he produced against better teams. Big games against Ironton, Burg, Chaminade-Julienne, Licking Valley, etc. If Jojo had played against this OVC schedule back then, he would have the same if not better numbers.

I bet you’re a ton of fun at parties.

37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

If he is serious about going d1 he needs to get out of Portsmouth. You will not get there from Portsmouth. A Jackson education and work ethic will get him where he needs to be moving 25 miles up the road is his only shot. They want winners at the next level. They look at your competition and yes wins and losses. His daddy had one heck of a team with several d1 recruits. But there is the chance he transfers and is just average against next level competition. What were his stats against gallia Jackson plays 4or 5 more teams just as good or better.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 am I agree that if you’re a D-1 talent, they will find you.
Yes they will!! Last year Holden was not on radar until Shelly Myer sat in front of me, she took out her phone and took a couple videos and sent to Urban. I watch her do it and there are people in the stands on Friday nights that know people to send a video to somebody to get to the right people!

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

If ur gonna transfer goingb2 jackson aint no better. Stay where he at play with his buddies. Recruitment is done in the summer camps nowadays.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I would be willing to bet that Portsmouth has produced at least 50 college football players on the last 20-25 years. Not sure how anyone is figuring being at PHS is hurting Parker.

37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

Barber1973 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 pm If ur gonna transfer goingb2 jackson aint no better. Stay where he at play with his buddies. Recruitment is done in the summer camps nowadays.
Jackson has the best jr. soph. Fresh. Class in the south. They will work with him to get him able to pass his ACT test. That will be this young mans biggest hurdle his grades. Jackson has the best teachers and is consistently the best state test scores. They also have a bunch of young guys that block hard. With his speed I am sure we can get him to the top. We will crush burg with or without him but in state what a weapon.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

If i was him and in his camp and felt that transferring was the best option. The Burgh. Case closed

37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

Barber1973 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:39 pm If i was him and in his camp and felt that transferring was the best option. The Burgh. Case closed
Wrong unless he is moving to q.b burg will be lost next year. They might not even make playoffs next year. There time is up everyone knows this except the die hard burgers.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

37reps@225# wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:24 pm
Barber1973 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 pm If ur gonna transfer goingb2 jackson aint no better. Stay where he at play with his buddies. Recruitment is done in the summer camps nowadays.
Jackson has the best jr. soph. Fresh. Class in the south. They will work with him to get him able to pass his ACT test. That will be this young mans biggest hurdle his grades. Jackson has the best teachers and is consistently the best state test scores. They also have a bunch of young guys that block hard. With his speed I am sure we can get him to the top. We will crush burg with or without him but in state what a weapon.
Wheelersburg’s test scores are better than Jackson’s. Look it up if you do not believe me. Yes Jackson scores well on them, just below The Burg’s scores. You kinda of sound like allamericanironman with your out in left field rhetoric. New account?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg will be in the mix again next year,,they just reload.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

There are way too many false statements in that paragraph lol

37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 pm
Wheelersburg’s test scores are better than Jackson’s. Look it up if you do not believe me. Yes Jackson scores well on them, just below The Burg’s scores. You kinda of sound like allamericanironman with your out in left field rhetoric. New account?
Yes but they don’t like you guys. Lay off my recruit. All American it’s a shame we can’t hear from him I am sure he would agree.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

37reps@225# wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:58 pm
Barber1973 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:39 pm If i was him and in his camp and felt that transferring was the best option. The Burgh. Case closed
Wrong unless he is moving to q.b burg will be lost next year. They might not even make playoffs next year. There time is up everyone knows this except the die hard burgers.
Burgs Freshman QB is going to be a stud, I’d bet on it.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

All this talk about Parker going on to the next level, more talk on not being able to make the grades and others saying that he needs to leave Portsmouth. What if he only wants to play ball with his friends and could not care less about going to college? He's still a teenager. Urban recognized his talent or he wouldn't have called. That is how all this started. One phone call has morphed into transferring to one school or another. I'm sure Mr. Parker is just holding his breath for the next piece of advice.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:22 am
37reps@225# wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:58 pm
Burgs Freshman QB is going to be a stud, I’d bet on it.
I agree. He definitely will be competing for starter next year.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

37reps@225# wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:16 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Yes but they don’t like you guys. Lay off my recruit. All American it’s a shame we can’t hear from him I am sure he would agree.
We are doing just fine without him. I wish him much success.

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

Parker is good. Obviously being the man at Portsmouth gets him looks.

Wheelersburg will still be good, but they do loose alot this year. Salyers and Holden are special players. Mathews is really good, but the threat of Holden over the top opens alot of stuff up. And the defense looses alot too. They have alot of players, but there aren't any Holdens or Salyers going down to 7th grade.

The current freshman quarterback throws decent, but because of his stature will struggle to take the beating a quarterback takes on the runs. He's no Salyers and it's not even fair to put that kinda pressure on him. Next year they miss Gage Salyers

Return to “Football”