Parker a call from Urban

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Parker a call from Urban

Post by buckeyenation »

:o So at the beginning of the season Talyn and 2000 was a joke to all you haters so now that you know he’s legit and got his 2000 that his goal was what do you think about the call he got from Urban yesterday? Comparing him to anyone else in the area is ridiculous too.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Parker a call from Urban

Post by Raider6309 »

Wilburn is the best athlete in all of south east Ohio. Ran a TRUE 4.5 at Ohio University

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:57 pm Wilburn is the best athlete in all of south east Ohio. Ran a TRUE 4.5 at Ohio University
So Parker’s 4.4 is pretty good then. He’s the best athlete in this area not a question in my opinion. Plays both ways and also dominates on defense.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:57 pm Wilburn is the best athlete in all of south east Ohio. Ran a TRUE 4.5 at Ohio University
He ran a 4.47 laser at Northwestern

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Congratulations to the Parker kid.
I'm not sure why you feel the need to have him validated on this site though.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

buckeyenation wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:04 pm
So Parker’s 4.4 is pretty good then. He’s the best athlete in this area not a question in my opinion. Plays both ways and also dominates on defense.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Uh Parker and Wilburn are D1 fast...and hopefully both go on to big things in D1

Congrats to Parker on the interest from Urban

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

How big is the Parker kid?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pretty cool both kids

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

buckeyenation wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:08 pm :o So at the beginning of the season Talyn and 2000 was a joke to all you haters so now that you know he’s legit and got his 2000 that his goal was what do you think about the call he got from Urban yesterday? Comparing him to anyone else in the area is ridiculous too.
I don’t recall anyone hating on Parker. I think everyone knows he was going to be special. Also being fast doesn’t make you a great football player. Burg had a kid a few years back that was amazingly fast and went to Tennessee on a track scholarship. He wasn’t that great in football even though he looked the part big and strong. Wilburn will do great but Parker is more talented. He has single handily carried the Trojans offensively. Teams know who it’s going to and they can’t stop him. I think Holden from burg would have more upside in college but Parker is really good.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Haven't seen Parker but have heard he needs to build himself up. I have watched Wilburn run track and the kid is built. You can see his weight room body. If its not from the weight room it must be God given. If Wilburn is thinking football after graduation he might want to pass on track this spring so he can get back in the weight room and keep the weight on. I think this what was suggested to a Jackson running back a few years ago. I saw the boy from Jackson in early track his senior year and heard he dropped track so he could keep the weight on.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think it’s pretty amazing what he’s doing. Still has one more year to improve. Without him I’d say Portsmouth wouldn’t have many wins. He carries the load. There are a lot of great athletes in this area. Every kid who puts a uniform on has my respect. Football, baseball, basketball. Takes a lot of work and time. I’m proud of parker, all of the Portsmouth kids and all the kids in our area. We joke and talk crap each week but all of them mean something to each of there teams.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Mr. Parker will not get a recruiting call from Ohio State as the erstwhile Trojan plays for an Ohio High School. (sarcasm)

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:13 pm Haven't seen Parker but have heard he needs to build himself up. I have watched Wilburn run track and the kid is built. You can see his weight room body. If its not from the weight room it must be God given. If Wilburn is thinking football after graduation he might want to pass on track this spring so he can get back in the weight room and keep the weight on. I think this what was suggested to a Jackson running back a few years ago. I saw the boy from Jackson in early track his senior year and heard he dropped track so he could keep the weight on.
He can do both.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Crazy both are juniors hope they stay healthy and go D1

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:25 pm
noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:13 pm Haven't seen Parker but have heard he needs to build himself up. I have watched Wilburn run track and the kid is built. You can see his weight room body. If its not from the weight room it must be God given. If Wilburn is thinking football after graduation he might want to pass on track this spring so he can get back in the weight room and keep the weight on. I think this what was suggested to a Jackson running back a few years ago. I saw the boy from Jackson in early track his senior year and heard he dropped track so he could keep the weight on.
He can do both.
Should do both! Majority of D1 football athletes that were two sport athletes in high school ran track as an alternate sport. GREAT for football players

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Good for Parker. Hope more SEO players get the recognition they deserve. Even if things don't come to fruition with OSU. just Urban's personal interest alone in Parker may turn other D1 coaches eyes his way. Back in 1982, Woody Hayes was asked to speak with the Ironton players the night before the State Championship game. Running back Mike Smith caught Woody's eye and he told his former assistant, Gary Tranquil about him. He was head coach at Navy. That is how Mike Smith ended up at the Naval Academy. The more D1 coaches get a look at SEO talent, the better.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

Doubt he passes his test don’t want to be a hater but no one will call till he passes it. I haven’t seen him play but how is his work ethic? Does he take plays off does he block. They don’t care about highlights the will look at how he plays the game. If you can’t pass an act test how can you learn a complex college offense. I think someone mentioned this before me but I do know they won’t waste time if he doesn’t have grades.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

37reps@225# wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 pm Doubt he passes his test don’t want to be a hater but no one will call till he passes it. I haven’t seen him play but how is his work ethic? Does he take plays off does he block. They don’t care about highlights the will look at how he plays the game. If you can’t pass an act test how can you learn a complex college offense. I think someone mentioned this before me but I do know they won’t waste time if he doesn’t have grades.
Don’t know the kid but I doubt posts like these are necessary. Good grief man.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Heard rumors in the off season that he was considering a transfer to burg, obviously and unfortunately lol that never came to fruition. It's fun to imagine how he would have done surrounded by a much better line and and a team with considerably more weapons to key on. Holden, Mathews, parker etc. That would be nasty.

Return to “Football”