Parker a call from Urban

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Re: Parker a call from Urban

Post by buckeyenation »

I’d say his lines doing pretty darn good to rush for 2000 in 8 games. He’s had huge holes off the rt side all year. Great kid and hope he does great at the next level and he does follow the best lineman in the area in Boehm.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Why in the world would anybody put down an opportunity for an athlete, regardless of the sport, from this area? Your opinions mean nothing unless you have Urban's ear. He apparently is interested in what has seen or he wouldn't have contacted him personally. That alone says a lot.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

These forums will always be filled with people who hate themselves because of their own squandered opportunities and the fact that they could never be what some of these kids have the chance to become, but decide to take them out on children by putting them down

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

mlittle wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:02 pm These forums will always be filled with people who hate themselves because of their own squandered opportunities and the fact that they could never be what some of these kids have the chance to become, but decide to take them out on children by putting them down
I can understand giving a critique of his performance in a game you witnessed but claiming "he won't make it because" is just outright foolishness. And I'm being kind when I say "foolishness."

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Hoping for the best for this young man.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I heard he was coming to Ironton. :lol: :lol:

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Wouldn't that be awesome to be able to watch a kid from scioto county play for the buckeyes now that's pretty cool so good luck Parker hope all your dreams come true!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I saw Parker at the Ironton vs Burg game. The kid is put together. I would say 5'10" and 190?

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

The pirate indian wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm Heard rumors in the off season that he was considering a transfer to burg, obviously and unfortunately lol that never came to fruition. It's fun to imagine how he would have done surrounded by a much better line and and a team with considerably more weapons to key on. Holden, Mathews, parker etc. That would be nasty.
The kid is a stud he has put on some muscle and his speed keeps getting better! I respect the kid more for staying at his home school and not taking the easy way out and transferring. If I were a college coach looking at him hat wound go along way for me I would see commitment. I don’t know what kind of a kid he is. I haven’t heard anything bad about him so I would guess he’s a good kid because of there was a lot of bad people would love to Spread the bad

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am I heard he was coming to Ironton. :lol: :lol:
Haha well they are back on the recruiting trail lol

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

buckeyenation wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:50 pm
37reps@225# wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 pm Doubt he passes his test don’t want to be a hater but no one will call till he passes it. I haven’t seen him play but how is his work ethic? Does he take plays off does he block. They don’t care about highlights the will look at how he plays the game. If you can’t pass an act test how can you learn a complex college offense. I think someone mentioned this before me but I do know they won’t waste time if he doesn’t have grades.
ummm he talked to him last night. Hater!
Pretty sure if Myer is contacting him he knows what kind of grades he gets. I guess you haven’t seen him play? He played both ways. I wound love to see how many tackles he has because I know he’s everywhere on both sides of they ball! Before you speak think have an idea of what your talking about

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm Congratulations to the Parker kid.
I'm not sure why you feel the need to have him validated on this site though.
Someone is very proud of their kid. That's why lol

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Fattseycline wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:10 am
The pirate indian wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm Heard rumors in the off season that he was considering a transfer to burg, obviously and unfortunately lol that never came to fruition. It's fun to imagine how he would have done surrounded by a much better line and and a team with considerably more weapons to key on. Holden, Mathews, parker etc. That would be nasty.
The kid is a stud he has put on some muscle and his speed keeps getting better! I respect the kid more for staying at his home school and not taking the easy way out and transferring. If I were a college coach looking at him hat wound go along way for me I would see commitment. I don’t know what kind of a kid he is. I haven’t heard anything bad about him so I would guess he’s a good kid because of there was a lot of bad people would love to Spread the bad
100% agree. He has stayed where he’s from. He won’t leave. His dad, family are all from Portsmouth. College coaches follow what you do more than people think. The Notre Dame kid was at Portsmouth as a kid, burg, east, Notre Dame. Wonder in 2 weeks will it be somewhere else. Talyn is a great kid. He is the kid carrier for the team.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Fattseycline wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:11 am
artisgilmore wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am I heard he was coming to Ironton. :lol: :lol:
Haha well they are back on the recruiting trail lol
Haha. I’d say if anyone left there they may be coming back. Seems to be a great buzz in Ironton.

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

Congrats to Parker. I can't see him transferring anywhere. Parker is a well known name at Portsmouth High School. As far as the ND kid, why did he transfer to ND? It kind of makes you think can he play anywhere else besides ND or East? If he really wanted to go somewhere why didn't he go to back to Burg or Portsmouth? Go Trojans

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:28 am
100% agree. He has stayed where he’s from. He won’t leave. His dad, family are all from Portsmouth. College coaches follow what you do more than people think. The Notre Dame kid was at Portsmouth as a kid, burg, east, Notre Dame. Wonder in 2 weeks will it be somewhere else. Talyn is a great kid. He is the kid carrier for the team.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

That’s great to hear! I wish him all the best except for when he’s playing against Cg lol

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

IMO I don't think college coaches care where a player plays his high school ball but the coaches do look at what kind of competition he is playing and how good the player does against top notch competition that's why a lot of the 5 star recruits go to IMG Academy or some other high profile high school because your only as good as your competition IMO. And to get better you mist play against better players. But Parker is rare talent and I hope for nothing but the best for him and I hope PHS makes the playoffs

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Fattseycline wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm

I do get that, it is respectable no doubt, and his roots are deep in Portsmouth. His family has supplied some of the best backs to go through the school. However, if his goal is to develop to his full potential, play the best opponents, get the most experience/exposure, it hard to think that can be obtained at Portsmouth. At this point he will be lucky to get to the postseason 1 time in is high school carrier. That seems disappointing for such a rare talent

Beergogglebluez
SE

The pirate indian wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:39 pm
Fattseycline wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm

I do get that, it is respectable no doubt, and his roots are deep in Portsmouth. His family has supplied some of the best backs to go through the school. However, if his goal is to develop to his full potential, play the best opponents, get the most experience/exposure, it hard to think that can be obtained at Portsmouth. At this point he will be lucky to get to the postseason 1 time in is high school carrier. That seems disappointing for such a rare talent
Indeed sir. I see that point. He’s got this year and next year that’s it. Next year we lose a lot of valuable seniors. Mainly o line. Pretty important spots needed for a running back.

Return to “Football”