Hypothetical question?

Quicknfast
Waterboy

Hypothetical question?

Post by Quicknfast »

What if last year Coal Grove team had 2 years under coach Ferguson?
Would they dominate this year OVC?
What kind of playoff run could they make?

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: Hypothetical question?

Post by 79Tiger »

Success one year does not translate to success the following year or beyond. Talent and ability changes from year to year. Continuity in a head coach is important but even assistants come and go. Getting the right players into the right positions is crucial. Injuries decimated the Tigers last year. Those injuries contributed to their 4-6 season. Could it be the Tigers of last year would have been better than this years team without the injuries? Maybe, maybe not. Coaches can only control so much. Injuries and other factors such as declining enrollment is beyond their control. Of course, all of this is hypothetical.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
OSU22
Varsity

Re: Hypothetical question?

Post by OSU22 »

I agree with the above statement. Something also to consider, and I hate to put it this way, but some kids are very lazy and ignorant. I say that in reference to having a few hard working very successful senior classes, then the few groups behind them that follow are riding the coat tails and haven’t worked hard like the other groups have. When you see traditional schools have down years, ya because of this. There have been a couple of really good, hardworking classes and then when they’re gone the new “upperclassmen” aren’t the leaders their classmates were years prior because they depended on them for everything.

Return to “Football”