Green 16 Northwest 7

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Green @ Northwest

Post by greygoose »

QB SNEAK wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:45 pm If Alec Smith is healthy this week he is only 33 yards away from 1000 on the season. How long has it been since Green has had a Thousand yard rusher?
Not sure how healthy he'll be given he separated his shoulder at the game and left in a squad though, guess it just depends on the degree of separation and if there was any structural damage. I'll be honest though I'll be pretty surprised if he plays in this game.

Reg79
Waterboy

Re: Week #9 Green at Northwest

Post by Reg79 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 pm
Reg79 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Westfan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm

They should be made to move up or drop out. These bigger schools playing smaller teams just because you struggle at a sport is wrong. Picking and choosing the sports you play SOCI and SOCII shouldn't be an option whether it's football, basketball, baseball, or soccer.
Quit taking their talent and they would have a better chance of competing
So west is taking Northwest's talent?? It's not the kids deciding to leave?? I'm actually kind of curious really with #11 being a freshman stud as to whether or not he'll remain at Northwest the entire time.
Ok, you got me. Although I'd say it's the parents choice not the kids. The point I was making is no school loses talent in football to other programs like northwest. I dont know why people constantly bring up how they shouldn't be in SOC1, it's not like they are taking 75 kids out there and mowing over everyone in their path. Last year they barely had enough for a team. Are SOC2 teams really wanting to play northwest that badly?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Reg79 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:57 am
Reg79 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Quit taking their talent and they would have a better chance of competing
So west is taking Northwest's talent?? It's not the kids deciding to leave?? I'm actually kind of curious really with #11 being a freshman stud as to whether or not he'll remain at Northwest the entire time.
Ok, you got me. Although I'd say it's the parents choice not the kids. The point I was making is no school loses talent in football to other programs like northwest. I dont know why people constantly bring up how they shouldn't be in SOC1, it's not like they are taking 75 kids out there and mowing over everyone in their path. Last year they barely had enough for a team. Are SOC2 teams really wanting to play northwest that badly?
Couldn't tell you, I for one think they're fine where they are. They haven't dominated SOC1 play by any means and until they can establish a consistent program, like Oak Hill has, I really see SOC1 as being the right fit. I know they're a lot larger than most of the other schools however in terms of being competitive they're right on par, compared to SOC2 where let's face they'd go back to getting knocked around. I kind of always thought if they were to go to another league and the SVC decided to expand that the SVC would be a good conference for them. However, that isn't happening, honestly I've never really figured out northwest they'll have solid, pee wee and junior high programs and it just never translates I'll be curious to see how the next 2-3 years unfolds as I know they're quite young and they've got some really good younger players.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 am
QB SNEAK wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:45 pm If Alec Smith is healthy this week he is only 33 yards away from 1000 on the season. How long has it been since Green has had a Thousand yard rusher?
Not sure how healthy he'll be given he separated his shoulder at the game and left in a squad though, guess it just depends on the degree of separation and if there was any structural damage. I'll be honest though I'll be pretty surprised if he plays in this game.
Safety is the most important thing for sure but I would hate it for him knowing he s only 33 yards away.

sportsfanscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanscioto »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:22 am
Reg79 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:57 am

Couldn't tell you, I for one think they're fine where they are. They haven't dominated SOC1 play by any means and until they can establish a consistent program, like Oak Hill has, I really see SOC1 as being the right fit. I know they're a lot larger than most of the other schools however in terms of being competitive they're right on par, compared to SOC2 where let's face they'd go back to getting knocked around. I kind of always thought if they were to go to another league and the SVC decided to expand that the SVC would be a good conference for them. However, that isn't happening, honestly I've never really figured out northwest they'll have solid, pee wee and junior high programs and it just never translates I'll be curious to see how the next 2-3 years unfolds as I know they're quite young and they've got some really good younger players.
Northwest has had solid youth and jr high programs for the last decade or so but has had trouble keeping those groups together and never been able to continue that success in high school. I think they have a good thing going now if they aren’t there own worst enemy and destroy it. Montavan is invested in the program and has had the weight room opened year round since he was hired. It is going to take time to build a school like northwest with its history into a solid program. They have good numbers in lower class men down thru youth but the upperclassmen numbers are still down. If he can get those underclassmen lifting year round northwest could be looking at a bright future in 2-3 years when they are juniors and seniors. Not sure how many seniors they have this season but I don’t think its many. Northwest had over a dozen seniors the one year they had success under Frye. In football the age of your talent makes a difference. The youth and jr high staffs have solid adults involved which has really helped with the number of players at those levels but as with most youth and jr high coaches they have kids on the team. Sometimes as a parent who has been coaching your own kid and having success its hard to hand your kids over to another coach. You know what they say the grass is always greener on the other side. After another rough season under montavan I could see northwest repeating its history and starting up the coaching carasel agian. I think before Frye they had something like 5 coaches in 10 years but if they are able to have a little faith and trust the process with the new facilities coming and number of players coming up northwest could be in for some big seasons in the next few years.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Northwest territory in this one @ home.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
bradyquinnd
Waterboy

Green Vs Northwest

Post by bradyquinnd »

Great win and playoff bound for the Bobcats....Congrats to all the Coaches and Players at Green 16-7 win Awesome for all Franklin Furnace--8-1 Bobcats Congrats

packers80
SE

Re: Green Vs Northwest

Post by packers80 »

Was rooting for the Mohawks, but great win by green. They've got something good going this year. Whether they make the playoffs or not those kids and coaches have done a phenomenal job.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Green 16 Northwest 7

Post by mattash »

Congrats Green

Green 16 Northwest 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Green_05
Riding the Bench

Post by Green_05 »

Did alec break 1000 yards tonight? I know he was close

Green_05
Riding the Bench

Re: Green Vs Northwest

Post by Green_05 »

Northwest had a coach in the stands he was acting a fool well he thought he could be a coach lol

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Green_05 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 pm Did alec break 1000 yards tonight? I know he was close
He ended up 13 yards short he got down to 5 yards away and then lost about 8 on his last run. He will try again next week.

Green_05
Riding the Bench

Post by Green_05 »

Ok I was at the game tonight but didnt really know because i was to busy ticking some mohawk fans off lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Nice job green, figured this would be a close one. This one should lock up the playoffs which you really needed as with oak hill next week it'll be a tall task

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

Tyler Darnell had a 1,000 yards for Green two seasons ago. He also broke the single game record for Green too i believe. Very hard runner.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest should have won this game. Ist series dropped a pass in the end zone then missed field goal. Missed another field goal later in the game.
Freshman linebacker Evan Lintz hit the century mark for tackles on the season tonight.

Return to “Football”