Jackson 20 Chillicothe 7

User avatar
doubleplay643
S
Posts: 1744
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Jackson 20 Chillicothe 7

Post by doubleplay643 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 am

Ironmen and Cavs playing for a share of FAC and Ironmen playing for a spot in Region 11.

Should be a great game.

Who does everyone like?



Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Abe Froman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:06 am

Surprised at the WCH v Chilli score, next week appears to be at Chilli so give me the Cavs at home by 3.

countywide35
All Conference
Posts: 734
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by countywide35 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:11 am

Been the Cavs way last few years and one in Chillicothe that was a last second heartbreak. Jackson will be prepared as well as a Ron Hinton club. What more could a league ask for then two teams that not only is a rivalry game but also being played for the league title. Week 1 to determine the champ. Good for the FAC!!!!!

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:29 am

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Bring the Heat » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 am

This would be considered a pick'em game.
As proven by last nights game with Courthouse, the cavs are inconsistent at times on offense.
We could all agree that Courthouse is not a juggernaut on the defensive side of the ball.
Logan is a good example of this.
They do play very good defense.
I know the game is at Chillicothe and they are the defending champions and all that but Courthouse proved last night they are very beatable at home.
I will take Jackson by a touchdown but they must not make the crucial turnovers that has cost them a couple wins this year.
Win this and a lock for the playoffs and could get as high as a six seed.

They do control their own destiny and that is all you can ask for playing in week 10.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by BlueLion4Life » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:14 am

Bring the Heat wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 am
This would be considered a pick'em game.
As proven by last nights game with Courthouse, the cavs are inconsistent at times on offense.
We could all agree that Courthouse is not a juggernaut on the defensive side of the ball.
Logan is a good example of this.
They do play very good defense.
I know the game is at Chillicothe and they are the defending champions and all that but Courthouse proved last night they are very beatable at home.
I will take Jackson by a touchdown but they must not make the crucial turnovers that has cost them a couple wins this year.
Win this and a lock for the playoffs and could get as high as a six seed.

They do control their own destiny and that is all you can ask for playing in week 10.
I can see how you think they control their own destiny, but they actually don't. even with beating Chillicothe they will need help in the L2 Category. and they will need for some thing to go wrong with Athens and De Sales. I do think Jackson gets in over Athens/De Sales......but if any upsets happen it could get tricky.

Poo Bear
SE
Posts: 2225
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Poo Bear » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:05 am

What a great week 10
-playoffs on the line
-fac championship on the line
-beating rival Chillicothe

Should be a lot of fun. Would be nice to s e Jackson win one of these close games this season. I don’t think Chillicothe will be as physical as Hillsboro was . I have no idea how this will play out . Good luck Ironmen !

greygoose
S
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by greygoose » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 am

Bring the Heat wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 am
This would be considered a pick'em game.
As proven by last nights game with Courthouse, the cavs are inconsistent at times on offense.
We could all agree that Courthouse is not a juggernaut on the defensive side of the ball.
Logan is a good example of this.
They do play very good defense.
I know the game is at Chillicothe and they are the defending champions and all that but Courthouse proved last night they are very beatable at home.
I will take Jackson by a touchdown but they must not make the crucial turnovers that has cost them a couple wins this year.
Win this and a lock for the playoffs and could get as high as a six seed.

They do control their own destiny and that is all you can ask for playing in week 10.
They do not control their own destiny, a win is a must but still need the right things to happen to get that 7/8 seed. Chillicothe seems to be a really inconsistent team, I look for Hinton to have his troops ready but I'm going to go with Jackson being a bit more physical in this one. Jackson by a score.

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:29 am

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Bring the Heat » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:11 am

Jackson with a win will share the conference no head to head unless this conference does things differently.
I will say it this way Jackson with a win I am predicting will make the playoffs ahead of both Desales and Athens.
That puts Jackson at 19.25 and it would be hard for either of the two mentioned above to get to that.
Not counting any other l2 points. Stranger things have happened.
Let's see how it goes. Of course they must win that is a no brainer.

Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Abe Froman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 am

BlueLion4Life wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:14 am
Bring the Heat wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 am
This would be considered a pick'em game.
As proven by last nights game with Courthouse, the cavs are inconsistent at times on offense.
We could all agree that Courthouse is not a juggernaut on the defensive side of the ball.
Logan is a good example of this.
They do play very good defense.
I know the game is at Chillicothe and they are the defending champions and all that but Courthouse proved last night they are very beatable at home.
I will take Jackson by a touchdown but they must not make the crucial turnovers that has cost them a couple wins this year.
Win this and a lock for the playoffs and could get as high as a six seed.

They do control their own destiny and that is all you can ask for playing in week 10.
I can see how you think they control their own destiny, but they actually don't. even with beating Chillicothe they will need help in the L2 Category. and they will need for some thing to go wrong with Athens and De Sales. I do think Jackson gets in over Athens/De Sales......but if any upsets happen it could get tricky.
Eitel has them at 100% in with a win next week at 7-3. So they control their destiny for a share of the FAC and control their destiny for a week 11 appearance in the playoffs.

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6694
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Raider6309 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:41 am

Winner gets in the playoffs. Loser stays home week 11.

Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Abe Froman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:46 am

Raider6309 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:41 am
Winner gets in the playoffs. Loser stays home week 11.
Raider, I can't tell from Eitel what has to happen for Athens and Jackson both to make it. Does it boil down to Lancaster losing to Reynoldsburg and not giving DeSales the L2 points needed?

Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Abe Froman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:48 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:46 am
Raider6309 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:41 am
Winner gets in the playoffs. Loser stays home week 11.
Raider, I can't tell from Eitel what has to happen for Athens and Jackson both to make it. Does it boil down to Lancaster losing to Reynoldsburg and not giving DeSales the L2 points needed?
I mean Pasteur's site not Eitel

Poo Bear
SE
Posts: 2225
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Poo Bear » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 am

Would love to see Jackson and Athens both in.

ironman02
SEOP
Posts: 3033
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by ironman02 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Definitely a lot on the line. Just what you want in Week 10.

Should be a battle.

Slothman
Riding the Bench
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Slothman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:17 pm

I’m hoping that the Cavs were looking ahead to Jackson and had a bit of a letdown last night. I wan Chillicothe to win and believe they will .

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by BlueLion4Life » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 am
BlueLion4Life wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:14 am
Bring the Heat wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 am
This would be considered a pick'em game.
As proven by last nights game with Courthouse, the cavs are inconsistent at times on offense.
We could all agree that Courthouse is not a juggernaut on the defensive side of the ball.
Logan is a good example of this.
They do play very good defense.
I know the game is at Chillicothe and they are the defending champions and all that but Courthouse proved last night they are very beatable at home.
I will take Jackson by a touchdown but they must not make the crucial turnovers that has cost them a couple wins this year.
Win this and a lock for the playoffs and could get as high as a six seed.

They do control their own destiny and that is all you can ask for playing in week 10.
I can see how you think they control their own destiny, but they actually don't. even with beating Chillicothe they will need help in the L2 Category. and they will need for some thing to go wrong with Athens and De Sales. I do think Jackson gets in over Athens/De Sales......but if any upsets happen it could get tricky.
Eitel has them at 100% in with a win next week at 7-3. So they control their destiny for a share of the FAC and control their destiny for a week 11 appearance in the playoffs.
Eitel does not have them at 100% in with a win. They do not control their own destiny for week 11. they have to win and will need some help from other teams in order to get in. the L2 points will play a huge factor in whether or not Jackson makes it if they Beat Chillicothe.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by BlueLion4Life » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:06 pm

Pasteurs site is not a true representation of what needs to happen to make the play-offs. he has some weird formula that he uses to predict things. he doesn't use the actual formula's that Eitel and the OHSAA uses. His site is about what most likely will happen. he is generally a probability type site.

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6694
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Raider6309 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Poo Bear wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 am
Would love to see Jackson and Athens both in.
I hope. Any time Desales misses the playoffs is a good year

wch125
All Conference
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:17 am

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by wch125 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Washington CH will be pulling for Chillicothe! Should be a great game. Chillicothe has some great team speed. There defense is quick to get to the ball . Should be interesting. Chillicothe by a touchdown.

Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Abe Froman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:32 pm

BlueLion4Life wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:03 pm


Eitel does not have them at 100% in with a win. They do not control their own destiny for week 11. they have to win and will need some help from other teams in order to get in. the L2 points will play a huge factor in whether or not Jackson makes it if they Beat Chillicothe.
I corrected it above to Pasteur’s site, not Eitel. If they win they are in. But I like Chilli at home, think they have something to prove after WCH loss

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6694
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Raider6309 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:46 am
Raider6309 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:41 am
Winner gets in the playoffs. Loser stays home week 11.
Raider, I can't tell from Eitel what has to happen for Athens and Jackson both to make it. Does it boil down to Lancaster losing to Reynoldsburg and not giving DeSales the L2 points needed?
If Jackson wins they should be the #7 no matter what. They will be at 20 points. Lose and they are at 15. Athens and Desales are pretty close in points at 18.8

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by BlueLion4Life » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:32 pm
BlueLion4Life wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:03 pm


Eitel does not have them at 100% in with a win. They do not control their own destiny for week 11. they have to win and will need some help from other teams in order to get in. the L2 points will play a huge factor in whether or not Jackson makes it if they Beat Chillicothe.
I corrected it above to Pasteur’s site, not Eitel. If they win they are in. But I like Chilli at home, think they have something to prove after WCH loss
Okay, well you should know that Pasteur's site is probability based. it doesn't use the formula's that eitel and OHSAA uses. It says that if everything in region 11 works out the way pasteur has it that Jackson would be 100%... but we can definitely bet it won't work out the way he has it. is site is extremely inconsistent. its fun to look at but not to make an informative decision.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by BlueLion4Life » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Okay, I did some number crunching for Region 11.

Just understand that this is IF Jackson would beat Chillicothe. I did the top 10 teams in Region 11 and I will go a few more later tonight. But this is what I found.

Jackson would place 7th in the region.

1. Bishop Hartley 29.95PTS
2. Granville 27.225PTS
3. Bellbrook 25.75PTS
4. Eastmoor 24.595PTS
5. Hillsboro 23.2PTS
6. Sheridan 21.85PTS
7. Jackson 20.25PTS
8. De Sales 20.11PTS
9. Athens 19.196PTS
10. Bellefontaine 18.5PTS

If Jackson loses points would be 15.65PTS more than likely. and they would likely place somewhere aroud 12th in the region.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15266
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by Ironman92 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:08 pm

Chillicothe will be ready. Good teams don’t have bad games at home one week and not play focused and well the next...especially with a state champ coach.

Jackson has all they need to win this game but that doesn’t get you a win at Chillicothe....they gotta play to win and play well to do it.

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1149
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Week 10: Jackson at Chillicothe

Post by VetteMan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:45 am

I still can't grasp how WCH has been so bad on defense all year long, how they were able to hold Chillicothe to 7pts, and the game even being played at CHS. Jackson needed a couple things to happen, and they did. I think they will take advantage of that and beat Chillicothe next week.

Post Reply