SE

Re: Portsmouth 35 Ironton 28

Post by BurgGrad6 »

What grade is Parker in?

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:12 pm What grade is Parker in?
11th junior

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: WK10: Ironton (6-3) @ Portsmouth (6-3)

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:29 pm Portsmouth vs Ironton week is here , wet cold night could benefit Portsmouth if ... .like most people are posting....that Ironton does have fumble problems , either way I still like my TROJANS in this one ,28 to 21 .

Go TROJANS!!!!

Had the score right on the nose with 3 minutes until the last two touchdowns lol.

Great come back by the TROJANS.

Ovc has four teams in I think?

Good luck to them ,go TROJANS and go ovc

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Right now, eitel has Ironton playing Johnstown-Monroe next week. Ouch. That's a rough first round matchup for the Tigers.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

No excuses here. The Trojans wanted it more and they took it away from the Tigers. Good luck to all SEO teams that made the playoffs. Represent well

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Portsmouth’s kicker’s dad, a huge supporter of his son and the team, passed away a few weeks ago, and today was his birthday. I cannot tell you how happy I am that they won this game.

Plus... 5/5 on extra points if I’m reading this correctly. Has he even missed one all season?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Ironton plays lights out for 2 quarters and then the lights go out!
Idk, what’s missing after they are up 2 weeks in a row by 3 scores. I’m in Florida, so I can only hear. They’ve played with the D against the best offenses throughout the year and then get lost.

No doubt Parker was the difference. Loosing Seth Fosson & Cameron Deere 2nd QRTR did not help. Up to that point, they had Parker held under 60 yards.

Something is missing mentally. Not trying to piss and moan, just hard to visualize over a webcast. Discipline? Turnovers? Inconsistent play? They have what they need, it just gets lost and I think the talent is spread out in OVC, where anyone can beat anyone if things fall their way.

I think all is in place for the future.I think 4 OVC teams qualifying for post season breeds competition and it will become a slobber knocker of a conference, FAST!

Good luck all. Week 11 can bring out many things!!!!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Good Job Portsmouth for making adjustments at half time. Ironton makes no adjustments second week in a row.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

ironton lost its 2 best defenders in the 2nd half. Which caused Parker to have bigger holes to run through. He would have had 200 yards but I think Ironton would have won without injuries. All Portsmouth did was hand Parker the ball. No adjustments needed hes pure talent. Any team hes on can score.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Hylander wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 pm Portsmouth’s kicker’s dad, a huge supporter of his son and the team, passed away a few weeks ago, and today was his birthday. I cannot tell you how happy I am that they won this game.

Plus... 5/5 on extra points if I’m reading this correctly. Has he even missed one all season?

He missed two last week ,two or three days after his dad passed ,his only two misses and he is only a sophomore

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

tigerfan98 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 am ironton lost its 2 best defenders in the 2nd half. Which caused Parker to have bigger holes to run through. He would have had 200 yards but I think Ironton would have won without injuries. All Portsmouth did was hand Parker the ball. No adjustments needed hes pure talent. Any team hes on can score

Ironton has several best defensive players. They play both sides and never quit.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

biggdowgg! I'll give you credit you never wavered in thinking that they could win, and had confidence even when things weren't going there way.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

tigerfan98 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 am ironton lost its 2 best defenders in the 2nd half. Which caused Parker to have bigger holes to run through. He would have had 200 yards but I think Ironton would have won without injuries. All Portsmouth did was hand Parker the ball. No adjustments needed hes pure talent. Any team hes on can score.
So they lost two out of eleven starters and give up 28 unanswered points? And it was because two players? You aren't giving the other nine players any credit what so ever.

Plus Portsmouth Defense shut IRONTON down in the second half ,who's fault was that ?

TANK THAT !!!!!!!!!

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Noitall wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:55 am
tigerfan98 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 am ironton lost its 2 best defenders in the 2nd half. Which caused Parker to have bigger holes to run through. He would have had 200 yards but I think Ironton would have won without injuries. All Portsmouth did was hand Parker the ball. No adjustments needed hes pure talent. Any team hes on can score.
So they lost two out of eleven starters and give up 28 unanswered points? And it was because two players? You aren't giving the other nine players any credit what so ever.

Plus Portsmouth Defense shut IRONTON down in the second half ,who's fault was that ?

TANK THAT !!!!!!!!!
LOL! Another excuse instead of execution!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hylander wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 pm Portsmouth’s kicker’s dad, a huge supporter of his son and the team, passed away a few weeks ago, and today was his birthday. I cannot tell you how happy I am that they won this game.

From everything I have read, this man was a huge influence on his community. This win was probably more than a win to a lot.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

how in blue blazes did coal grove beat these guys??

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Great win Portsmouth ! Way to represent scioto county! And best of luck against Madison their defense is nasty you will have to be able to throw the ball some to keep Madison's defense honest . Their d-line is one of the best in d5 Cole Pelgron is really good just ask Burg fans but hopefully u can get the job done so best of luck

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow that was a tough one to listen to. 1st off congratulations to Portsmouth, they wanted it more and took it. I thought a rout was on when it was 21-0. it was panda -- leeria in ''THE BAITCAVE'' then parker and Portsmouth just blew a head gasket on the fighting tigers. it didn't sound like hardly any penalties were called on either squad. I'm thinking towards the end they said like 20 yards on each team. that's 2 weeks in a row ironton has lost huge leads against 2 of it's oldest rivals, gahs and phs. take nothing away from Portsmouth. they made great half time adjustments and ironton could not sustain a drive. I'm proud of both teams making the playoffs. as well as the ovc sending 4 teams of the 8 to the playoffs, gahs, and ironton, fairland and Portsmouth. I think the soc has a very similar number. I have not looked yet. I got to see parker when he was a freshman, and he was amazing then. at 5'8'' 180, they say he has a great frame to put some weight on. and apparently everyone and his brother wants him. I hope he heads to Columbus, but for now we have to deal with him another year. but it has been outstanding following his career. ironton is very young and making young mistakes , even the staff is doing the same thing in some regards. but they are learning, gaining valuable experience, and getting a playoff game under their belts. so I still say the future will be bright in tiger town, as well as ptown. and gahs is rockin again, very exciting for the ovc. the bad news is looks like we got the Johnstown monroes johnnies at their place. a team I would put on the burgs talent level. they are very disciplined and play sound fundamental football and have not been very friendly to ironton in the past. they are a tough out for sure. so it certainly will not get any easier week 11. it just got very real. ironton will have to play like their hair is on fire. but the parity in the ovc this year has gotten even more exciting. and then you have rock hill beating coal grove last night. so it is getting very competitive. anyhoo good luck to the Portsmouth Trojans and the ironton tigers moving forward. and we are rotating champions on top of the league. ironton won the 1st 2 years they were ovc, coal grove won it last year, and gahs won it this year. and if memory serves me right coal grove beat gahs this year. so the titles will definitely be moving around within the league.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

He's down lol
FB_IMG_1540649027199.jpg
FB_IMG_1540649027199.jpg (44.73 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”