Waverly 34 Logan 20

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: WK10: Logan (1-8) @ Waverly (8-1)

Post by Kicker. »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:06 am
Kicker. wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:48 am Great post! Does anyone have the number of times Waverly has played Logan? When the last time they played and what the all time series stands? I knew they were both in the SEOAL but it wasn't a very long stint for Waverly
Logan and Waverly have played 12 times, all as SEOAL foes.

The teams played every year from 1970-1982 with the lone exception being 1978 when eight of Logan's 10 games were cancelled due to the LHS teachers' strike.

1970 - Logan 42, Waverly 12
1971 - Logan 14, Waverly 7
1972 - Logan 42, Waverly 12
1973 - Logan 41, Waverly 0
1974 - Logan 49, Waverly 6
1975 - Logan 35, Waverly 0
1976 - Logan 53, Waverly 0
1977 - Logan 42, Waverly 0
1978 - NO GAME
1979 - Logan 12, Waverly 6
1980 - Logan 21, Waverly 20
1981 - Waverly 13, Logan 0
1982 - Logan 10, Waverly 7

To be fair - the Tigers' probably had one of their worst ever decades on the gridiron while they were in the SEOAL.

Waverly and Jackson tied 14-14 to end the 1969 season. Waverly had won 24 straight games entering that night. Jackson finished 9-0-1 that year and were the SEOAL champions. The next year Waverly joined the SEOAL and their program fell apart.

Waverly and Jackson played 31 times after the Tigers left the SEOAL - the Ironmen went 18-13 over that period including one playoff game (a Waverly win). Jackson was a dominant SEOAL team over that period.
Yeah Waverlys time in the SEOAL wasn't the greatest in the tigers program

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

To all of whom are saying Waverlys schedule compared to Logans yadda yadda yadda, come friday night those records mean nothing it'll be about whose the better team on the field

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:30 pm
loganlocos wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 am
Ground Buck wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:39 am

I know what he wrote about Logan's schedule, and you must not be able to read cause you quoted it and then contradicted it. To me and the rest of the world "larger division Central Ohio schools" means schools from large divisions and that simply is wrong. None of them are from a larger division. He crowed for months about how Shadyside was a great pickup since they are a "state power" and Logan is willing to step out of the area and schedule tough teams while the rest of SEO shies away from it. So yea, I'd call that "crowing." What he failed to mention is that yes Logan stepped out of SEO, but for a school 5 divisions lower than them. And I disagree with you, he is an idiot. Many on here agree with me on that. :mrgreen:
"Logan has played a more difficult schedule against larger division Central Ohio schools with little success."

In a vacuum you are correct. However, when reading, context is important.

The sentence in question immediately follows a sentence about Waverly's schedule. Therefore, context clues (let's remember English class now), point to the fact that the sentence is a contrast to the sentence about Waverly's schedule.

Logan's schedule has A) larger division teams than Waverly and B) more teams from central Ohio than Waverly.

So you can ignore all context to make your point. I'll stick to what written words actually mean.
I see you must have walked down the hall to the English teacher and involved her in your argument. What I know is, and as you agreed to, he wrote "Logan has played a more difficult schedule against larger division Central Ohio schools with little success." And that statement is false. What they've done is play six teams from smaller divisions, and four from the same division. I realize Paladin is to you old ate up Logan guys the same kind of hero the original Paladin must have been to you when you were little tykes. And that you'll defend him to the death no matter how asinine or foolish he is. But hey, at least you gave up on debating whether he's an idiot. :mrgreen:
Troll

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I don't care who Logan plays. At this point,10 game schedule is a 10 game schedule! And Kudos to any team that ponies up to play a larger school. Pounding his Pud is just a sore NY fan that is still upset bc they have a massively bad all-time record against Logan and now they still have to deal with Athens kicking the snot out of them in just about every sport every year.

AT THE RESERVATION
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Disregard what ground chuck says, He is a fail ex football coach and can not is not a team person. Hell he is worst than a deployable. :mrgreen:

Ground Chuck is a very unhappy person! :mrgreen:

The main point is, Logan needs to play a 10 game schedule and in order to fill the schedule we will play any team big or small. Bye weeks would cheat the kids whom puts all the time and effort into our football team! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

moonshine wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:02 am Disregard what ground chuck says, He is a fail ex football coach and can not is not a team person. Hell he is worst than a deployable. :mrgreen:

Ground Chuck is a very unhappy person! :mrgreen:

The main point is, Logan needs to play a 10 game schedule and in order to fill the schedule we will play any team big or small. Bye weeks would cheat the kids whom puts all the time and effort into our football team! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Agree. Logan for SEO is in a bad position nowadays with nowhere to go. If they play smaller schools down there they're ridiculed and if they play central ,eastern or northern Ohio schools It's why are they losing ? As said on various other threads, most of SEO schools won't even think of scheduling schools out of conference who they know will give them fits or might embarrass them. The schools that do, and we all know who they are have become better for it over the years and know what it takes at playoff time. As an old SEOAL fan I wish Logan good luck in the future and hope it gets the program turned around in the near future. :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
toast
All State

Re: Week 10 Logan (1-8) at Waverly (8-1)

Post by toast »

toast wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:25 am If ever there was a team better than their record indicated...it's Logan. Seven of the eight teams that beat Logan have a winning record. Those seven teams have a combined record of 52-11. Three of those teams are 8-1 and one is 9-0. Logan has some close losses to some excellent teams! Their only loss to a team that does not have a winning record was to 4-5 Bishop Watterson.

Waverly hasn't played a school as large as Logan in years. This game will certainly be a challenge. Waverly has looked good the last couple of games. Our defense is playing their best ball of the season. The Tigers have a lot on the line this Friday. A decent chance at a home playoff game if they win. For all intents and purposes.....This Friday against Logan is a playoff game. Go Tigers!!
I'm still trying to figure out what we're debating :) There's my earlier post. I'm a die hard Waverly fan and I'll state unequivocally there's very little chest thumping coming from Waverly fans. We know this game will be close and that Logan is much better than their record indicates. I'm not the only one that has stated this. Most of us are pretty grounded in what lies ahead for this game and the playoffs. We're also pleased with our teams success and that we've made the playoffs for a record third consecutive year. Here's to an injury free game for both teams. Go Tigers!!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

toast wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:05 am
toast wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:25 am If ever there was a team better than their record indicated...it's Logan. Seven of the eight teams that beat Logan have a winning record. Those seven teams have a combined record of 52-11. Three of those teams are 8-1 and one is 9-0. Logan has some close losses to some excellent teams! Their only loss to a team that does not have a winning record was to 4-5 Bishop Watterson.

Waverly hasn't played a school as large as Logan in years. This game will certainly be a challenge. Waverly has looked good the last couple of games. Our defense is playing their best ball of the season. The Tigers have a lot on the line this Friday. A decent chance at a home playoff game if they win. For all intents and purposes.....This Friday against Logan is a playoff game. Go Tigers!!
I'm still trying to figure out what we're debating :) There's my earlier post. I'm a die hard Waverly fan and I'll state unequivocally there's very little chest thumping coming from Waverly fans. We know this game will be close and that Logan is much better than their record indicates. I'm not the only one that has stated this. Most of us are pretty grounded in what lies ahead for this game and the playoffs. We're also pleased with our teams success and that we've made the playoffs for a record third consecutive year. Here's to an injury free game for both teams. Go Tigers!!
Great post! I think this sums up how most Waverly fans feel. Does Logan's past success trump Waverly's? Definitely. Their program deserves to be respected and I know they will give the Tigers all they can handle on Friday. But everyone in the Tiger community is so proud of what this program has been able to accomplish the past three years. They have a combined 24-5 regular season record for the past three seasons, to this point. They are finding ways to reload rather than rebuild and it is very exciting. As far as the playoffs go, we know that no matter what seed we are it will be a very difficult challenge come next week. We do wish we were in region 15, where many other teams in our area in Div. IV are placed. Instead, we have been put in the ever so difficult region 16. At the end of the day, it is what it is and it just shows that there is still much improvement to be made if the Tigers want to take that next step. That next step being able to compete with those teams in region 16. But making the playoffs three years in a row is a great accomplishment, school history is being made.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:38 am

Great post! I think this sums up how most Waverly fans feel. Does Logan's past success trump Waverly's? Definitely. Their program deserves to be respected and I know they will give the Tigers all they can handle on Friday. But everyone in the Tiger community is so proud of what this program has been able to accomplish the past three years. They have a combined 24-5 regular season record for the past three seasons, to this point. They are finding ways to reload rather than rebuild and it is very exciting. As far as the playoffs go, we know that no matter what seed we are it will be a very difficult challenge come next week. We do wish we were in region 15, where many other teams in our area in Div. IV are placed. Instead, we have been put in the ever so difficult region 16. At the end of the day, it is what it is and it just shows that there is still much improvement to be made if the Tigers want to take that next step. That next step being able to compete with those teams in region 16. But making the playoffs three years in a row is a great accomplishment, school history is being made.
Another Great Post!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:38 am

Good luck in the playoffs1 But Logan will give you fit's and we all need to support our young men! :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Where is a good place to eat in Waverly?

AT THE RESERVATION
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

1987chieftains wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:26 am Where is a good place to eat in Waverly?
Waverly has two newer restaurants in Roosters and a great BBQ place "Beast in Bottle" as well as many pizza joints (Cardos, Lloyds, Giovannis, Freds,etc.) If you're into seafood we have the Grand Tavern. Mexican restaurant El Charro. All great choices!
Last edited by BigGuy10 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Awesome!!!! Thanks a bunch!

AT THE RESERVATION
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Look for the Tigers to come out strong like they have the last two weeks against 2 possible playoff contenders. The Tiger seniors will come out fired up at what could be their last game at Radiger Field. I look for Waverly to keep rolling into week 11 with a focused win over Logan 42-14!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:30 am
1987chieftains wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:26 am Where is a good place to eat in Waverly?
Waverly has two newer restaurants in Roosters and a great BBQ place "Beast in Bottle" as well as many pizza joints (Cardos, Lloyds, Giovannis, Freds,etc.) If you're into seafood we have the Grand Tavern. Mexican restaurant El Charro. All great choices!
The stadium also has some great food!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Lake White If it is open? :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I would say Waverly is probably 3 or 4 TDs better than Meigs if that says anything.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 pm I would say Waverly is probably 3 or 4 TDs better than Meigs if that says anything.
Best comp is Athens IMO. Think Waverly is 6-10 points better than Athens.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:16 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 pm I would say Waverly is probably 3 or 4 TDs better than Meigs if that says anything.

Waverly beat Fairland pretty handily and Fairland beat Athens

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:03 pm
loganlocos wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Waverly beat Fairland pretty handily and Fairland beat Athens
That's why I said Waverly was better than Athens. I have actually watched the Fairland/Waverly and Athens/Fairland games.

Waverly beat Fairland by 14 at home.

Athens lost to Fairland by 4 away.

So that delta is 18 points. I said I think Waverly is 6-10 points better than Athens.

First I'm subtracting 3 points for Waverly being at home and giving Athens 3 points for being away.

Now the delta is 12. The game was also played on a sloppy field in bad weather - whereas both Athens and Waverly usually play on turf.

That's how I get my 6-10 point number.

Return to “Football”