Article:Tuscarawas Central Catholic 33 Malvern 12

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Article:Tuscarawas Central Catholic 33 Malvern 12

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Last night I made my first ever visit to Tuscarawas Central Catholic to take in a game at at the Art Teynor Sports Complex in New Philadelphia. The weather was as ugly as an ex-girlfriend, with the rain falling hard and the wind gusting like we were caught in a cold Chicago night, throughout the first half. The grass field surprisingly held firm throughout the rage by mother nature,though it did make things a little slicker than normal.

After the home team Saints turned the ball over, Derk Hutchison scored on a 19-yard run to put Malvern up 6-0. The two point conversion, a run failed, keeping this a 6-0 game, with 7;50 left in the opening quarter.

The Saints would get their first points right after a Hornets turnover.with the score coming on a pass from Alex Price to Reece Blanchard with 8:02 left in the second quarter. Both teams seem to struggle at times with slipping on the wet grass and holding on to a wet football.

With 3:25 left in the fast moving first half, a 68-yard pass from Price to Ben Martin,to put the Saints up 12-6.
Neither team was able to do much throughout the game as far as converting point after by kick, run or pass.

The Saints would get another touchdown on a 4-yard run from Ryan Dick and then a two point conversion was successful when,Price found Anthony Fredericks open, making this a 20-6 game. At this point the biggest differences in the game was the Saints offensive line and their ability to pass protect giving Price ample time to find receivers.

Hutchison, the Hornets quarterback would use his feet again to find pay dirt to make this a 20-12 game.
The Hornets weapon in this contest was Hutchison and his feet, The 6-0,180 pounded never really never had the opportunity to show off his arm, mostly because the Saints defense seemed primed to stop anything through the air.

The Saints would score twice more to putt his one away by the count of 33-12.
The two scores came like this.Antony Fragasse pulled in a 36-yard pass and then a hook and ladder play was as pretty as could be, with Dick finding the end zone.

Pics

DAVID BURNWORTH
@OHIO1981

https://www.facebook.com/DavidLewisBurn ... loaded=160

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP ... BWVExpaXpR

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Article:Tuscarawas Central Catholic 33 Malvern 12

Post by Omega »

Thank you LCC for the article. I resided in New Philly some 40 years ago and did not know Tusc Central Catholic now had their own playing field. I used to live two blocks from Quaker Stadium and Tuscora Park. Always tried to catch a TCC game at Quaker Stadium back in the day

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Re: Article:Tuscarawas Central Catholic 33 Malvern 12

Post by hegotgame »

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:51 pm Thank you LCC for the article. I resided in New Philly some 40 years ago and did not know Tusc Central Catholic now had their own playing field. I used to live two blocks from Quaker Stadium and Tuscora Park. Always tried to catch a TCC game at Quaker Stadium back in the day
Omega, tcc built a complex back in 2006 I believe. The baseball and softball field are also at the school now. It’s a nice little complex.

Return to “Football”