Region 27 Playoff Watch

formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by formerfcfan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm

MillSt wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 am
Thoughts on upcoming games in week 9:
1. HP hosts FC: FC is sitting 7th & a win would all but lock them in to week 11. Does FC have enough to knock off HP? :?:
2. Lucas hosts River: Lucas is hot but River's playoff life is on the line and all their losses are to good teams. Does River have enough to win? :?:
3. Southern hosts Trimble: Southern just lost handily to Waterford on the road & like River, they're playing for a ticket to the post season. Do they have anything for Trimble? :?:
At HP is tough. FC’s best player got hurt in the FCA game and may/may not make it for HP. Should be back for Rosecrans, though.



MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by MillSt » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:23 pm

formerfcfan wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm
MillSt wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 am
Thoughts on upcoming games in week 9:
1. HP hosts FC: FC is sitting 7th & a win would all but lock them in to week 11. Does FC have enough to knock off HP? :?:
2. Lucas hosts River: Lucas is hot but River's playoff life is on the line and all their losses are to good teams. Does River have enough to win? :?:
3. Southern hosts Trimble: Southern just lost handily to Waterford on the road & like River, they're playing for a ticket to the post season. Do they have anything for Trimble? :?:
At HP is tough. FC’s best player got hurt in the FCA game and may/may not make it for HP. Should be back for Rosecrans, though.
It's always tough to lose a player but it's extremely heartbreaking when you lose your best player in a game that you won so easily.

portsmouth_98
Freshman Team
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by portsmouth_98 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:39 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:17 pm
I think Green/Lucas & FC/Trimble is what’s more likely.

I’m sure Trimble has some revenge for FC, too... if we go there, if blessed enough to make week 11 in the first place.
What is up with Green's schedule? #108 out of 108 in Division 7?
They are a fairly small school that gets with a recent history of losing players to open enrollment. Last year they started with around 20 players and couldn't even complete their schedule due to injuries. I don't think anyone expected them to be in the playoff hunt anytime soon.

Green_05
Riding the Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Green_05 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:25 pm

If green beats northwest are they a lock for the playoffs?

Cats claw
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Cats claw » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Green_05 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:25 pm
If green beats northwest are they a lock for the playoffs?
Pasture has them at 99% with win

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 am

portsmouth_98 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:39 pm
dnis30 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:17 pm
I think Green/Lucas & FC/Trimble is what’s more likely.

I’m sure Trimble has some revenge for FC, too... if we go there, if blessed enough to make week 11 in the first place.
What is up with Green's schedule? #108 out of 108 in Division 7?
They are a fairly small school that gets with a recent history of losing players to open enrollment. Last year they started with around 20 players and couldn't even complete their schedule due to injuries. I don't think anyone expected them to be in the playoff hunt anytime soon.
That makes sense then...I'm rooting for them!

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am

D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 47, D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21
D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21, D7 Glouster Trimble 20
D4 Cincinnati Aiken 26, D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 17
D7 Lucas 40, D4 Cincinnati Aiken 6

When considering the favorites, I don't think these scores can be ignored.

Thoughts?

MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by MillSt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 am

dnis30 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am
D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 47, D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21
D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21, D7 Glouster Trimble 20
D4 Cincinnati Aiken 26, D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 17
D7 Lucas 40, D4 Cincinnati Aiken 6

When considering the favorites, I don't think these scores can be ignored.

Thoughts?
This is what makes high school football so much fun. A game between Trimble & Lucas this year would be epic and a must see. Although the top 3 in this region seem to have those spots locked up and are just shuffling for position at this point, there are still some interesting games in the final 2 weeks. FC vs. HP this week being the 1st. Lucas & LCC in week 10 is HUGE. If Lucas can pull it off they'll easily jump to #1 and more than likely pit HP vs Trimble in round 2. This would be a great game to see as well. Don't sleep on HP, even though they may have a perceived "easy" schedule, they are winning by scores that you would except. A couple weeks ago HP beat a good Berne Union team 22-7. Get these 3 teams into Nov. on neutral (turf) fields and anything can happen.
Look at last season, all kinds of upsets early.

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:41 am

MillSt wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 am
dnis30 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am
D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 47, D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21
D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21, D7 Glouster Trimble 20
D4 Cincinnati Aiken 26, D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 17
D7 Lucas 40, D4 Cincinnati Aiken 6

When considering the favorites, I don't think these scores can be ignored.

Thoughts?
This is what makes high school football so much fun. A game between Trimble & Lucas this year would be epic and a must see. Although the top 3 in this region seem to have those spots locked up and are just shuffling for position at this point, there are still some interesting games in the final 2 weeks. FC vs. HP this week being the 1st. Lucas & LCC in week 10 is HUGE. If Lucas can pull it off they'll easily jump to #1 and more than likely pit HP vs Trimble in round 2. This would be a great game to see as well. Don't sleep on HP, even though they may have a perceived "easy" schedule, they are winning by scores that you would except. A couple weeks ago HP beat a good Berne Union team 22-7. Get these 3 teams into Nov. on neutral (turf) fields and anything can happen.
Look at last season, all kinds of upsets early.
You are correct about last year. No one (including myself) gave River a shot against HP. I am like a kid on Christmas morning right now. This is, by far, my favorite time of year. High school football is the greatest sport on earth.

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Happy McGavin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am

dnis30 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am
D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 47, D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21
D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21, D7 Glouster Trimble 20
D4 Cincinnati Aiken 26, D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 17
D7 Lucas 40, D4 Cincinnati Aiken 6

When considering the favorites, I don't think these scores can be ignored.

Thoughts?
Trimble thoroughly outplayed Cincinnati hills Christian academy, outgained them by 200 yards. But, lost 3 fumbles, 2 of them inside the red zone. It was raining the whole time and that's part of the game, but to think this holds merit for if/when Trimble and Lucas play you're wrong
The 9th green at 9

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Happy McGavin wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am
dnis30 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am
D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 47, D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21
D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21, D7 Glouster Trimble 20
D4 Cincinnati Aiken 26, D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 17
D7 Lucas 40, D4 Cincinnati Aiken 6

When considering the favorites, I don't think these scores can be ignored.

Thoughts?
Trimble thoroughly outplayed Cincinnati hills Christian academy, outgained them by 200 yards. But, lost 3 fumbles, 2 of them inside the red zone. It was raining the whole time and that's part of the game, but to think this holds merit for if/when Trimble and Lucas play you're wrong
So common oppenents once removed are not even something to consider? I disagree with you. Also, weather is never a good excuse to use for an L. Both teams had to play in it. They held on to the ball and Trimble didn't.

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Happy McGavin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:20 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am
dnis30 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am
D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 47, D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21
D5 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 21, D7 Glouster Trimble 20
D4 Cincinnati Aiken 26, D4 Cincinnati Indian Hill 17
D7 Lucas 40, D4 Cincinnati Aiken 6

When considering the favorites, I don't think these scores can be ignored.

Thoughts?
Trimble thoroughly outplayed Cincinnati hills Christian academy, outgained them by 200 yards. But, lost 3 fumbles, 2 of them inside the red zone. It was raining the whole time and that's part of the game, but to think this holds merit for if/when Trimble and Lucas play you're wrong
So common oppenents once removed are not even something to consider? I disagree with you. Also, weather is never a good excuse to use for an L. Both teams had to play in it. They held on to the ball and Trimble didn't.
Wasn't making an excuse. I said weather is part of the game. But if you actually watched that game you would've seen trimble was 3 tds better. But that's football and bad things happen sometimes during a game. Can't wait to get Lucas
The 9th green at 9

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Happy McGavin wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:20 pm
dnis30 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am

Trimble thoroughly outplayed Cincinnati hills Christian academy, outgained them by 200 yards. But, lost 3 fumbles, 2 of them inside the red zone. It was raining the whole time and that's part of the game, but to think this holds merit for if/when Trimble and Lucas play you're wrong
So common oppenents once removed are not even something to consider? I disagree with you. Also, weather is never a good excuse to use for an L. Both teams had to play in it. They held on to the ball and Trimble didn't.
Wasn't making an excuse. I said weather is part of the game. But if you actually watched that game you would've seen trimble was 3 tds better. But that's football and bad things happen sometimes during a game. Can't wait to get Lucas
I hope it happens. Whatever round. I'm just not 100% sold on the Cats and their #74 out of 108 schedule. Hoping for both teams to get there healthy.

MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by MillSt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:25 pm

I do know, no matter the opponent, the RB for Trimble, Max Hooper, is hard to stop. Their run game is very efficient, disciplined, and hard to stop. Anyone know how many yards Max has this season?

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Happy McGavin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:48 pm

MillSt wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:25 pm
I do know, no matter the opponent, the RB for Trimble, Max Hooper, is hard to stop. Their run game is very efficient, disciplined, and hard to stop. Anyone know how many yards Max has this season?
He's the compliment back. The lead back is #10 Wright, and he's over 1000 on the year. Max is around 600 I think, and so is the qb
The 9th green at 9

ShooterMcgavin
Riding the Bench
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by ShooterMcgavin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Happy McGavin wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:48 pm
MillSt wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:25 pm
I do know, no matter the opponent, the RB for Trimble, Max Hooper, is hard to stop. Their run game is very efficient, disciplined, and hard to stop. Anyone know how many yards Max has this season?
He's the compliment back. The lead back is #10 Wright, and he's over 1000 on the year. Max is around 600 I think, and so is the qb
I think after last week Wright is pushing 1200 Hooper around 800 and Kittle around 600. Playoffs coming up we ahould have two 1000 yard rushers with Kittle coming close to being a 3rd. Has there ever been a team in our area that has had 3. 1000 yard rushers in one year. ? Just curious
I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:41 am

L-U-C-A-S
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 am

CALPREPS.COM - PROJECT A MATCHUP

Neutral field
[2018] Lucas (OH) 28, [2018] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 26

Neutral field
[2018] Lucas (OH) 28, [2018] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 26

Same score? Strange...

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Happy McGavin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 am
CALPREPS.COM - PROJECT A MATCHUP

Neutral field
[2018] Lucas (OH) 28, [2018] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 26

Neutral field
[2018] Lucas (OH) 28, [2018] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 26

Same score? Strange...
I think it goes to show how even these teams really may be. 2 weeks ago Trimble was a 6 pt favorite over Lucas and 2 point favorite over Prep. Then the other day it changed to 1 pt underdog to prep and 2 pt dog to Lucas. Lucas pounding Aiken had something to do with it I'm sure, not sure why the Prep score changed tho
The 9th green at 9

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Happy McGavin wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 am
CALPREPS.COM - PROJECT A MATCHUP

Neutral field
[2018] Lucas (OH) 28, [2018] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 26

Neutral field
[2018] Lucas (OH) 28, [2018] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 26

Same score? Strange...
I think it goes to show how even these teams really may be. 2 weeks ago Trimble was a 6 pt favorite over Lucas and 2 point favorite over Prep. Then the other day it changed to 1 pt underdog to prep and 2 pt dog to Lucas. Lucas pounding Aiken had something to do with it I'm sure, not sure why the Prep score changed tho
You think those scores are close...

Neutral field
[2018] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 21, [2018] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 20

MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by MillSt » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:45 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 am
CALPREPS.COM - PROJECT A MATCHUP

Neutral field
[2018] Lucas (OH) 28, [2018] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 26

Neutral field
[2018] Lucas (OH) 28, [2018] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 26

Same score? Strange...
I think it goes to show how even these teams really may be. 2 weeks ago Trimble was a 6 pt favorite over Lucas and 2 point favorite over Prep. Then the other day it changed to 1 pt underdog to prep and 2 pt dog to Lucas. Lucas pounding Aiken had something to do with it I'm sure, not sure why the Prep score changed tho
You think those scores are close...

Neutral field
[2018] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 21, [2018] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 20
I think this is about right...any of these 3 can win the region.

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:18 pm

MillSt wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:45 pm
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am

I think it goes to show how even these teams really may be. 2 weeks ago Trimble was a 6 pt favorite over Lucas and 2 point favorite over Prep. Then the other day it changed to 1 pt underdog to prep and 2 pt dog to Lucas. Lucas pounding Aiken had something to do with it I'm sure, not sure why the Prep score changed tho
You think those scores are close...

Neutral field
[2018] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 21, [2018] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 20
I think this is about right...any of these 3 can win the region.
100%. I cannot wait for the playoffs. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Happy McGavin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:24 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:18 pm
MillSt wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:45 pm
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm
You think those scores are close...

Neutral field
[2018] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 21, [2018] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 20
I think this is about right...any of these 3 can win the region.
100%. I cannot wait for the playoffs. CAN. NOT. WAIT.
Gonna be fun for sure, just sucks that 2 of these teams will have to meet in the 2nd round
The 9th green at 9

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:20 pm

MaxPreps.com OH Division VII High School Football Rankings
Rankings updated: Tuesday, Last update: 10/16/2018
1. Pandora-Gilboa (Pandora) 8-0 (29.6)
2. Minster 5-3 (29.1)
3. McComb 7-1 (28.4)
4. Edgerton 8-0 (27.1)
5. Fort Loramie 7-1 (25.2)
6. Mohawk (Sycamore) 8-0 (22.0)
7. Crestview (Convoy) 7-1 (17.9)
8. Calvert (Tiffin) 7-1 (17.8)
9. Leipsic 7-1 (16.7)
10. St. Paul (Norwalk) 7-1 (15.7)
11. New Bremen 5-3 (14.7)
12. Patrick Henry (Hamler) 5-3 (13.4)
13. Lucas 6-2 (10.6)
14. Trimble (Glouster) 7-1 (9.6)
15. Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester) 8-0 (8.4)

16. Ansonia 6-2 (6.9)
17. Cuyahoga Heights (Cleveland) 6-2 (6.8)
18. St. John's (Delphos) 2-6 (6.1)
19. Arlington 6-2 (4.9)
20. East Canton 5-3 (2.2)
21. Mapleton (Ashland) 5-3 (0.0)
22. South Central (Greenwich) 6-2 (-1.4)
23. Windham 7-1 (-2.2)
24. Antwerp 5-3 (-2.4)
25. Danville 3-5 (-2.7)

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:45 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:20 pm
MaxPreps.com OH Division VII High School Football Rankings
Rankings updated: Tuesday, Last update: 10/16/2018
1. Pandora-Gilboa (Pandora) 8-0 (29.6)
2. Minster 5-3 (29.1)
3. McComb 7-1 (28.4)
4. Edgerton 8-0 (27.1)
5. Fort Loramie 7-1 (25.2)
6. Mohawk (Sycamore) 8-0 (22.0)
7. Crestview (Convoy) 7-1 (17.9)
8. Calvert (Tiffin) 7-1 (17.8)
9. Leipsic 7-1 (16.7)
10. St. Paul (Norwalk) 7-1 (15.7)
11. New Bremen 5-3 (14.7)
12. Patrick Henry (Hamler) 5-3 (13.4)
13. Lucas 6-2 (10.6)
14. Trimble (Glouster) 7-1 (9.6)
15. Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester) 8-0 (8.4)

16. Ansonia 6-2 (6.9)
17. Cuyahoga Heights (Cleveland) 6-2 (6.8)
18. St. John's (Delphos) 2-6 (6.1)
19. Arlington 6-2 (4.9)
20. East Canton 5-3 (2.2)
21. Mapleton (Ashland) 5-3 (0.0)
22. South Central (Greenwich) 6-2 (-1.4)
23. Windham 7-1 (-2.2)
24. Antwerp 5-3 (-2.4)
25. Danville 3-5 (-2.7)
........ and the Top 12 ( plus a few others on this list) are from NW Ohio. It's amazing ;)
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Post Reply