Region 27 Playoff Watch

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by dnis30 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:31 am

I really believe Lucas is headed to the final 4. They may take one on the chin this Saturday (Lima Central Catholic), but against D7 schools, they are 3-0 with a combined score of 132-20. They have played the 6th toughest schedule in all of D7 and are no doubt battle tested. The region comes down to week 12, Lucas vs Trimble. Hoping for a matchup between the two teams at full strength.
Last edited by dnis30 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.



MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by MillSt » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:56 am

If Lucas shows up and beats LCC this week they can jump into 1st. That Lucas/Trimble game would have to wait until week 13 but only if Trimble can get by HP. I think they would but weird thing happen in the playoffs.

ttomcat 80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by ttomcat 80 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am

EasternDspy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:00 pm
Region 27

1. Harvest Prep (10-0) 18.6
2. Lucas (7-3) 18.41
3. Trimble (9-1) 17.41
4. Waterford (8-2) 13.21
5. Berne Union (8-2) 12.58
6. Green (8-2) 10.11
7. Fisher (6-3) 9.83
8. Southern (7-3) 8.54
9. River (5-5) 7.72
10.
You have the right 8 teams,first 4 pretty easy.But you have Bern winning don't think that's happen but with a lose still think they go to 5.Southern is at 8 unless they screw up at eastern.Green will lose to the oaks but you have FC beating Zanesville to not to sure that is happen.Its really a toss up for ,6,7 seed.I think you have green with to many points and FC to few that's why I say its a toss up for 6,7.Believe it or not Waterford is sitting in the drivers seat for the regional final.HP is not the same team of the past only beat Worthington CH.by 4,beat Been and FC by 2 scores each.
:roll: cats :roll:

ttomcat 80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by ttomcat 80 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:08 am

MillSt wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:56 am
If Lucas shows up and beats LCC this week they can jump into 1st. That Lucas/Trimble game would have to wait until week 13 but only if Trimble can get by HP. I think they would but weird thing happen in the playoffs.
Hate to say this but if Lucas beats LCC don't think anyone but Minster wants Lucas.LCC is sitting at number 1 in maybe the hardest region D6 region24
:roll: cats :roll:

MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by MillSt » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:11 am

Drew Pasteur Rankings:
1. #334 Glouster Trimble (8-1)
2. #335 Lucas (7-2)
3. #338 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep (9-0)
4. #442 Danville (4-5)
5. #478 Hannibal River (4-5)
6. #487 Waterford (7-2)
7. #548 Sugar Grove Berne Union (7-2)
8. #561 Lancaster Fisher Catholic (5-3)
9. #581 Caldwell (5-4)
10. #607 Cardington-Lincoln (1-8)
11. #617 Racine Southern (6-3)
12. #625 Zanesville Bishop Rosecrans (5-4)
13. #647 Franklin Furnace Green (8-1)

So, River is ranked #5 ahead of Waterford that already clinched a playoff game. Lucas just beat River 62-6. Also Danville is at #4 but likely to miss out on this years playoffs unless they beat East Knox and get a lot of help. Looking at the rest, there's going to be some close games to decide positions 4-8 in this region, this is gonna be good this weekend. #4 Waterford, #5 Green, #6 Berne Union all have tough games. Don't make your travel plans yet, who knows where or who will playing in week 11.

MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by MillSt » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 am

ttomcat 80 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:00 pm
Region 27

1. Harvest Prep (10-0) 18.6
2. Lucas (7-3) 18.41
3. Trimble (9-1) 17.41
4. Waterford (8-2) 13.21
5. Berne Union (8-2) 12.58
6. Green (8-2) 10.11
7. Fisher (6-3) 9.83
8. Southern (7-3) 8.54
9. River (5-5) 7.72
10.
You have the right 8 teams,first 4 pretty easy.But you have Bern winning don't think that's happen but with a lose still think they go to 5.Southern is at 8 unless they screw up at eastern.Green will lose to the oaks but you have FC beating Zanesville to not to sure that is happen.Its really a toss up for ,6,7 seed.I think you have green with to many points and FC to few that's why I say its a toss up for 6,7.Believe it or not Waterford is sitting in the drivers seat for the regional final.HP is not the same team of the past only beat Worthington CH.by 4,beat Been and FC by 2 scores each.

I know Trimble can't cause they're too far out, but can Lucas pass HP even with a loss to LCC?
Lucas is only 0.3296 pts behind HP and the Lucas schedule is killer. I wonder if by their opponents winning if they can pass HP.

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by dnis30 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:01 am

MillSt wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 am
ttomcat 80 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:00 pm
Region 27

1. Harvest Prep (10-0) 18.6
2. Lucas (7-3) 18.41
3. Trimble (9-1) 17.41
4. Waterford (8-2) 13.21
5. Berne Union (8-2) 12.58
6. Green (8-2) 10.11
7. Fisher (6-3) 9.83
8. Southern (7-3) 8.54
9. River (5-5) 7.72
10.
You have the right 8 teams,first 4 pretty easy.But you have Bern winning don't think that's happen but with a lose still think they go to 5.Southern is at 8 unless they screw up at eastern.Green will lose to the oaks but you have FC beating Zanesville to not to sure that is happen.Its really a toss up for ,6,7 seed.I think you have green with to many points and FC to few that's why I say its a toss up for 6,7.Believe it or not Waterford is sitting in the drivers seat for the regional final.HP is not the same team of the past only beat Worthington CH.by 4,beat Been and FC by 2 scores each.

I know Trimble can't cause they're too far out, but can Lucas pass HP even with a loss to LCC?
Lucas is only 0.3296 pts behind HP and the Lucas schedule is killer. I wonder if by their opponents winning if they can pass HP.
Great question. If Danville knocks off East Knox and Aiken upsets Taft, that would help the Cubs immensely. HP is playing a cupcake worth virtually no points.

ttomcat 80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by ttomcat 80 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:05 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:01 am
MillSt wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 am
ttomcat 80 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am

You have the right 8 teams,first 4 pretty easy.But you have Bern winning don't think that's happen but with a lose still think they go to 5.Southern is at 8 unless they screw up at eastern.Green will lose to the oaks but you have FC beating Zanesville to not to sure that is happen.Its really a toss up for ,6,7 seed.I think you have green with to many points and FC to few that's why I say its a toss up for 6,7.Believe it or not Waterford is sitting in the drivers seat for the regional final.HP is not the same team of the past only beat Worthington CH.by 4,beat Been and FC by 2 scores each.

I know Trimble can't cause they're too far out, but can Lucas pass HP even with a loss to LCC?
Lucas is only 0.3296 pts behind HP and the Lucas schedule is killer. I wonder if by their opponents winning if they can pass HP.
Great question. If Danville knocks off East Knox and Aiken upsets Taft, that would help the Cubs immensely. HP is playing a cupcake worth virtually no points.
Just looked it up.They may have a chance.Danville win not much of a upset if you looked up east Knox wins.Only 1 team has more then 1 win its 4. The other 6 teams are 0-9 or 1-8 now the Aiken game would be a upset.Been told that Aiken really not very good even tho they are 6-3.HP will get only 3.5 level 1 and very few level2 over all just a little better then avg.min win out.
:roll: cats :roll:

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by Happy McGavin » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm

My projections
1 Prep 18.53
2 Lucas 18.40
3 Trimble 17.05
4 Waterford 13.21
5 Green 10.10
6 Fisher Catholic 9.83
7 Berne Union 9.78
8 Southern 8.06
A lot can change, if Lucas wins they go to 1. If Danville wins they go to 8. If Berne wins they go to 5, then Green and FC slide down a spot
The 9th green at 9

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by FANOSPORTS » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Happy McGavin wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm
My projections
1 Prep 18.53
2 Lucas 18.40
3 Trimble 17.05
4 Waterford 13.21
5 Green 10.10
6 Fisher Catholic 9.83
7 Berne Union 9.78
8 Southern 8.06
A lot can change, if Lucas wins they go to 1. If Danville wins they go to 8. If Berne wins they go to 5, then Green and FC slide down a spot
If Danville could get in they would definitely have a legit chance of beating Prep in round 1 but they need some help getting to #8 even though I still think they're a top 4 regional team right now but they started the season behind the 8 ball. The 5 teams that beat them are a combined 40-5 right now.
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

ttomcat 80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by ttomcat 80 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Happy McGavin wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm
My projections
1 Prep 18.53
2 Lucas 18.40
3 Trimble 17.05
4 Waterford 13.21
5 Green 10.10
6 Fisher Catholic 9.83
7 Berne Union 9.78
8 Southern 8.06
A lot can change, if Lucas wins they go to 1. If Danville wins they go to 8. If Berne wins they go to 5, then Green and FC slide down a spot
You left Caldwell out.If they could pull a rabbit out of the hat they come up with around 9.5 and southern is out.This is 1 of 2 ways southern doesn't get in the other is the lose to eastern.Danville has to have basically everyone 5 to 9 lose the best they can get is 8.30
:roll: cats :roll:

Cats claw
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by Cats claw » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 pm

ttomcat 80 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:11 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm
My projections
1 Prep 18.53
2 Lucas 18.40
3 Trimble 17.05
4 Waterford 13.21
5 Green 10.10
6 Fisher Catholic 9.83
7 Berne Union 9.78
8 Southern 8.06
A lot can change, if Lucas wins they go to 1. If Danville wins they go to 8. If Berne wins they go to 5, then Green and FC slide down a spot
You left Caldwell out.If they could pull a rabbit out of the hat they come up with around 9.5 and southern is out.This is 1 of 2 ways southern doesn't get in the other is the lose to eastern.Danville has to have basically everyone 5 to 9 lose the best they can get is 8.30
Other than fisher I could see the rest on your list loosing Friday

Cats claw
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by Cats claw » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Cats claw wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:11 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm
My projections
1 Prep 18.53
2 Lucas 18.40
3 Trimble 17.05
4 Waterford 13.21
5 Green 10.10
6 Fisher Catholic 9.83
7 Berne Union 9.78
8 Southern 8.06
A lot can change, if Lucas wins they go to 1. If Danville wins they go to 8. If Berne wins they go to 5, then Green and FC slide down a spot
You left Caldwell out.If they could pull a rabbit out of the hat they come up with around 9.5 and southern is out.This is 1 of 2 ways southern doesn't get in the other is the lose to eastern.Danville has to have basically everyone 5 to 9 lose the best they can get is 8.30
Other than fisher I could see the rest on your list loosing Friday
I should have said I wouldn't be surprised if this happens

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by FANOSPORTS » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:24 pm

ttomcat 80 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:11 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm
My projections
1 Prep 18.53
2 Lucas 18.40
3 Trimble 17.05
4 Waterford 13.21
5 Green 10.10
6 Fisher Catholic 9.83
7 Berne Union 9.78
8 Southern 8.06
A lot can change, if Lucas wins they go to 1. If Danville wins they go to 8. If Berne wins they go to 5, then Green and FC slide down a spot
You left Caldwell out.If they could pull a rabbit out of the hat they come up with around 9.5 and southern is out.This is 1 of 2 ways southern doesn't get in the other is the lose to eastern.Danville has to have basically everyone 5 to 9 lose the best they can get is 8.30
I know but head to head they would beat 5 thru 9 right now but I guess you gotta play who's on your schedule. (Strength of schedule with some schools is non-existent but rewarding) :(
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by dnis30 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:25 pm

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm
My projections
1 Prep 18.53
2 Lucas 18.40
3 Trimble 17.05
4 Waterford 13.21
5 Green 10.10
6 Fisher Catholic 9.83
7 Berne Union 9.78
8 Southern 8.06
A lot can change, if Lucas wins they go to 1. If Danville wins they go to 8. If Berne wins they go to 5, then Green and FC slide down a spot
If Danville could get in they would definitely have a legit chance of beating Prep in round 1 but they need some help getting to #8 even though I still think they're a top 4 regional team right now but they started the season behind the 8 ball. The 5 teams that beat them are a combined 40-5 right now.
I agree about Danville. They currently have River ahead of Danville. If they met today, Danville would whack River a good one.

MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by MillSt » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:25 pm

I think Danville will sneak in with a win and a loss by either FC and/or Southern

dilligaf
All State
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by dilligaf » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:19 pm

How many players did lucas have return from last year.i know trimble returned most from last year they were sophomores this year jrs next year will be the year of the tomcats maybe even this year they might make some noise

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11689
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by EasternDspy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:17 pm

MillSt wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:25 pm
I think Danville will sneak in with a win and a loss by either FC and/or Southern
Pastuer

Has Southern 8.59 with a win and Danville 8.30 with a win

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:25 am

dilligaf wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:19 pm
How many players did lucas have return from last year.i know trimble returned most from last year they were sophomores this year jrs next year will be the year of the tomcats maybe even this year they might make some noise
Lucas lost a few from last years team. A RB and a OL that really contributed. They brought back their QB, 3 RBs, most of their OL and 80% of their D. They are pretty deep everywhere other than the OL.

FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 am

dnis30 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:31 am
I really believe Lucas is headed to the final 4. They may take one on the chin this Saturday (Lima Central Catholic), but against D7 schools, they are 3-0 with a combined score of 132-20. They have played the 6th toughest schedule in all of D7 and are no doubt battle tested. The region comes down to week 12, Lucas vs Trimble. Hoping for a matchup between the two teams at full strength.
Agree as LCC is perennially a state contender in multiple sports. I hope Lucas comes out healthy for week 11.
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 am

Where do you guys think week 12's games will be played?

MillSt
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by MillSt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:48 am

There too much that would have to happen for Trimble to jump to #2 it's nearly impossible. NY would absolutely have to beat Athens for this to even be close to happening, plus at least 2 of the possible 4 opponents that Lucas has beaten would have to lose, and it would still be close. I see the top 2 staying the same but the order may flip. I see Trimble as being locked at the 3 spot. Waterford at 4 or 5 depending on if they win or not.
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 am
Where do you guys think week 12's games will be played?
I read this post on another thread and i think this is why you're asking:

"post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:48 am

Week 12 Trimble-Lucas should be played in Columbus (Gahanna, Canal, HT) but will probably be in Logan if the Tomcats get the #2 seed with Lucas losing this week to LCC. It's technically a playoff game this week for them and they know it."


Lucas losing to LCC this week has no bearing on the playoffs other than Lucas jumping to #1 or possibly staying at #2 but the week 12 game will still be played at a nuetral field with both teams having the same drive time (theoretically speaking).

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:55 am

MillSt wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:48 am
There too much that would have to happen for Trimble to jump to #2 it's nearly impossible. NY would absolutely have to beat Athens for this to even be close to happening, plus at least 2 of the possible 4 opponents that Lucas has beaten would have to lose, and it would still be close. I see the top 2 staying the same but the order may flip. I see Trimble as being locked at the 3 spot. Waterford at 4 or 5 depending on if they win or not.
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 am
Where do you guys think week 12's games will be played?
I read this post on another thread and i think this is why you're asking:

"post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:48 am

Week 12 Trimble-Lucas should be played in Columbus (Gahanna, Canal, HT) but will probably be in Logan if the Tomcats get the #2 seed with Lucas losing this week to LCC. It's technically a playoff game this week for them and they know it."


Lucas losing to LCC this week has no bearing on the playoffs other than Lucas jumping to #1 or possibly staying at #2 but the week 12 game will still be played at a nuetral field with both teams having the same drive time (theoretically speaking).
So Columbus area would make sense for week 12. Both teams need to get there first, but I don't foresee that being a problem.

dnis30
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:56 am

Predictions on whom the top 4 will face in week 11?
HP vs ...
Lucas vs ...
Trimble vs ...
Waterford vs ...

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 am

Re: Region 27 playoffs

Post by Rutterkickballer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:00 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:56 am
Predictions on whom the top 4 will face in week 11?
HP vs ...
Lucas vs ...
Trimble vs ...
Waterford vs ...
Hey Denise! I got Lucas playing racine.

Post Reply