Logan's new field house

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Logan's new field house

Post by noreply66 »

Has anyone have any info on how the new field house is coming along? Picture of late also.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan's new field house

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Not sure. I believe they have broken ground, but don't know how construction is coming. I know that they hired Coy Blair to run it though.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I was up there a few weeks ago. Looked like the foundation was laid and some block was starting to go up.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Should be nice, BUT the funds should be used elsewhere! :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Foundation is down and some of the walls are starting to go up. Looks like they are making good progress.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Where is the new field house being built? I've been in your Gym and your Football Stadium.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:35 am Where is the new field house being built? I've been in your Gym and your Football Stadium.
In the parking lot for the stadium - down near the tennis courts and the baseball/softball field.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Here's a twitter account for the Chieftain Center.

It's a great place to follow the construction:

https://twitter.com/CenterChieftain

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Is there any more architects drawings?

AT THE RESERVATION
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:35 am Where is the new field house being built? I've been in your Gym and your Football Stadium.
In The Swamp! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just came from the site and they are working on the roof. Looks wider than I first thought. When I was down there looking at it about two months ago the layout of the ground work looked like it was going to be L shaped. Couldn't see that today because of the work going on.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Wow! The picture of the Chieftain Center after it is finished is very impressive.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The facilities are top notch, but even up here in NEO, very few have an indoor facility. Major asset that can boost athletics at Logan.

Have gun, will travel
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Paladin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:47 pm The facilities are top notch, but even up here in NEO, very few have an indoor facility. Major asset that can boost athletics at Logan.
I Agree! I would bet that there are very few schools in SEO, if any that have anything that even comes close to this.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I have heard that Coy has been contacted about some indoor track meets.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

That’s awesome and impressive that Logan is getting this facility, not many high schools in the country have anything like this. This will certainly help their athletic programs and be a huge advantage over schools they play.

If there is 1 or 2 other schools south of Logan in SE Ohio that would be able to to afford something like this or better, what’s schools? I would say Jackson and Chillicothe would be the only other schools that could afford this type of facility.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Having a 6 lane indoor track is incredible. Plus all the other things this facility will have. There are tons of colleges that don't even have anything compared to this.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Paladin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:47 pm The facilities are top notch, but even up here in NEO, very few have an indoor facility. Major asset that can boost athletics at Logan.
Hope this helps. Maybe the number of kids they have per acre will go up. If you build it they will come.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I have heard that OU will be holding indoor track meets at the LHS facility when it is completed - lots of outside interest in this facility for sure ALL of which will BRING athletes to the Land of the Purple imo ... the next year or two will be interesting to see how having such a facility impacts "move ins/transfers" to the LHSD ... could be fun to watch who ends up walking the halls of LHS that elevates LHS sports back to prominence in SEOhio sports ...

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Google the Spire Institute. You will find a complex that serves Geneva H.S. But it’s main purpose serves as a USOC Olympic training site. It’s also used by numerous athletic leagues, both H.S. And college. Not only an indoor track but also swimming pool, indoor soccer field, etc. Quite nice. Not far from me as it sits near Lake Erie with teams from Cleveland area, Erie,Pa. and Buffalo, NY using it. Year round Olympic athletes train there. Nice outdoor football stadium home to Geneva. Lots of good pics online.

More comparable to what Logan will have is similar to Massillon’s facility. Logan will need to seriously ramp up parking.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”