SOC1 & SOC2 Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

mattash
Site Admin

SOC1 & SOC2 Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Post by mattash »

Discussion

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: SOC1 & SOC2 Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:53 amDiscussion
Coach of the year I have to say Newsome at Green and Crabtree at Waverly. We all know greens situation and they finished 8-2 with a playoff birth. Waverly replaced a lot of talent and I think going into the season no-one knew what Waverly was going to do. They managed to silence the doubters and went 9-1 with a 5th seed in the playoffs. Pulled off a win at the time many didn't think they'd get against West to solidify their season. Those are my reasons, oak hill and burg coaches finished as expected nothing really special there.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: SOC1 & SOC2 Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:28 am
mattash wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:53 amDiscussion
Coach of the year I have to say Newsome at Green and Crabtree at Waverly. We all know greens situation and they finished 8-2 with a playoff birth. Waverly replaced a lot of talent and I think going into the season no-one knew what Waverly was going to do. They managed to silence the doubters and went 9-1 with a 5th seed in the playoffs. Pulled off a win at the time many didn't think they'd get against West to solidify their season. Those are my reasons, oak hill and burg coaches finished as expected nothing really special there.
Totally agree with Crabtree. Many expected a .500 season from Waverly coming in with all the losses. Then you throw in all the injuries and the Tigers still manage a 9-1 season with wins over 3 playoff teams including West.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Special Teams:
Don’t have stats but I’d throw in for consideration Waverly’s Shoemaker for punt and kickoff returns and Diener for Kickoffs, PAT’s, FG’s.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

They usually give it to the winning team but I would definitely say greens coach. Coach Woodward and waverly coach would be good choices.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Players of the year?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Im voting Waverly on this one. The Tigers impressed a lot of people this year with an awesome 9-1 record and playoffs for the 3rd year running. Crabtree for COY, Macayne Bock a senior who rightfully deserves lineman of the year. Kid is a brute and plays his heart out every game he is in. For OPOY you have to consider 3 tigers IMO with Shanks who threw for over 2000 yards and 30+ TD’s as a sophomore, Shoemaker who has rushed for over 1000 yards this season and Easton Wolf who has over 1000 receiving yards and 10+ TD’s receiving this season.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BigGuy10 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:55 am Im voting Waverly on this one. The Tigers impressed a lot of people this year with an awesome 9-1 record and playoffs for the 3rd year running. Crabtree for COY, Macayne Bock a senior who rightfully deserves lineman of the year. Kid is a brute and plays his heart out every game he is in. For OPOY you have to consider 3 tigers IMO with Shanks who threw for over 2000 yards and 30+ TD’s as a sophomore, Shoemaker who has rushed for over 1000 yards this season and Easton Wolf who has over 1000 receiving yards and 10+ TD’s receiving this season.
Agree 100%

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

In SOC 1 Northwest freshman linebacker Evan Lintz over 120 tackles on the season. The youngman has a bright future.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Special Teams either Miller from Burg or Diener from Waverly
As returners I think it's a no brainer it's Mathews from Burg the way he was on special teams against Waverly and through the season was special, then Shoemaker from Waverly

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Football”