SVC Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

mattash
Site Admin

SVC Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Post by mattash »

Discussion?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
se-alum
All Conference

Re: SVC Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Post by se-alum »

Coach of The Year - Pete Hollon (Penwell for Adena probably 2nd)

Offensive POY is tough, Carroll would've won it hands down, but it's hard to give it to someone who missed half a season. I know PV took the Gold Ball, but I gotta go w/ Ruby over Newland.

Have to think about the rest.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Coy and back of year should be pretty easy

Hollon coach of the year

Ruby back of the year

svcfollower
Waterboy

Post by svcfollower »

Credit where it’s due. Carroll POY. Hollon and Penwell coaches of the year. Ruby is awesome. PV has great talent. Willis from Adena played great at center till the injury. SVC has a lot of talent.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

three to four good team from the SVC

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

Coach of the year always goes to the SVC champs... although that should change. No one expected Adena to finish where they did...thats credit to the coach.

Player of the Year should still be Carroll even though he missed 4 1/2 games. Keep in mind the teams he gained his 1300 yds. Vinton County, McClain (worst statistical game thanks to a big defensive night by the Shermans), Waverly, Adena, Paint Valley and ZT. This is no bash on the following teams but he would have had 200 yds or more against Huntington, SE, Piketon and Westfall. Easily would have been over the 2000 yd mark. He still almost led the league in rush yards at years end and was top 3 I believe in TDs, points scored and yds per carry.

However, I think the next best thing was Co-POYs with Hunt and SE Qbs!

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

BullTank wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:10 am Coach of the year always goes to the SVC champs... although that should change. No one expected Adena to finish where they did...thats credit to the coach.

Player of the Year should still be Carroll even though he missed 4 1/2 games. Keep in mind the teams he gained his 1300 yds. Vinton County, McClain (worst statistical game thanks to a big defensive night by the Shermans), Waverly, Adena, Paint Valley and ZT. This is no bash on the following teams but he would have had 200 yds or more against Huntington, SE, Piketon and Westfall. Easily would have been over the 2000 yd mark. He still almost led the league in rush yards at years end and was top 3 I believe in TDs, points scored and yds per carry.

However, I think the next best thing was Co-POYs with Hunt and SE Qbs!
& A 2017 3-7 Paint Valley was expected to go 10-0 in 2018??? Coach Hollon is the COY

Return to “Football”