Re: Region 19 #6 Oak Hill @ #3 Meadowbrook

Post by packers80 »

Good luck oaks.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 11: Oak Hill at Meadowbrook

Post by greygoose »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:44 pm I think his name is Clutters. I was just told that he was hurt on OH's first offensive play,and that he did not return to the game.
Clusters #32, if the injury is exactly what I heard he's out. He's HUGE for them both offensively and defensively, just don't think they'll pull this out without him. Meadowbrook played a superior schedule and lost close games to some really good teams. Going with Meadowbrook by 3-4 scores

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good luck Oaks. Hope you silence all the ones that don't believe you can. Make SEO proud!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
E High
All State

Post by E High »

Meadowbrook wins first 2 playoff games, then on to Johnstown-Monroe. That’s a very tough one. Good luck to all !

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Colts in a rout.

Have gun, will travel
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Colts should prevail. Have great talent at skill positions.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:48 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:44 pm I think his name is Clutters. I was just told that he was hurt on OH's first offensive play,and that he did not return to the game.
Clusters #32, if the injury is exactly what I heard he's out. He's HUGE for them both offensively and defensively, just don't think they'll pull this out without him. Meadowbrook played a superior schedule and lost close games to some really good teams. Going with Meadowbrook by 3-4 scores
If losing your best running back is not bad enough, the fact that you're 98% running team, I'm afraid this one will get ugly pretty quick.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Here is the Meadowbrook - Cambridge game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoVnNnlnbng

The onside kick that almost turned into a brawl is 1:03.30
Never heard a microphoned ref before say something like there are too many personal fouls on the play and we don't know the players numbers so no one is ejected.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

falcon1 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:52 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:54 pm Meadowbrook will win but don't trash the oaks because you beat them then you laid an egg when you had to play big boy football. Go oaks in week 11, because,mumford aint.
You’ll be playing big boy football next year!
And will still have more success than Minford.

Brutus87
Waterboy

Post by Brutus87 »

teach1coach2 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:52 pm Here is the Meadowbrook - Cambridge game.

Never heard a microphoned ref before say something like there are too many personal fouls on the play and we don't know the players numbers so no one is ejected.
The onside kick hit was two kids diving for a ball and was a 50 50 call. Definitely not an ejection situation. But there were 30 players from cambridge on the field which would have required a lot of ejections. It was a hot mess. Took 10 mins or more to get the game going again.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Brutus87 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:18 pm
teach1coach2 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:52 pm Here is the Meadowbrook - Cambridge game.

The onside kick hit was two kids diving for a ball and was a 50 50 call. Definitely not an ejection situation. But there were 30 players from cambridge on the field which would have required a lot of ejections. It was a hot mess. Took 10 mins or more to get the game going again.
Couldn’t sleep last night I watched the game Oaks are gonna have a tough time! Get out there and get after it big uglies!

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Oak hill has two very quick running backs, but they cannot pass. #34 Chandler and #20 Smith are shorter but very quick backs. If the colts shut them down it could be a long ride home for the oaks.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Teach, that's not what the official said. He said the call was targeting but they didn't have a number so nobody was being ejected. The officiating crew was notified prior to the start of the game about this play. The team had run that in several other games and a player on the receiving team had been targeted (on several occassions) with no penalty, other than for not allowing the ball to travel 10 yards. Yes, on this film it is not as obvious and the player appears to be going for the ball so I can understand a no call (other than a penalty for ball not travelling 10 yards before contact). However, because of previous film showing that wasn't the case, the officials were notified prior to the game and the officials did call targeting which should have resulted in an ejection of the player who targeted.

Wallycpo1
Waterboy

Post by Wallycpo1 »

Did I read 510 yards on the ground in OH first game of the season? Was there even another team on the field?

UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

:!:
BobcatQB wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Teach, that's not what the official said. He said the call was targeting but they didn't have a number so nobody was being ejected. The officiating crew was notified prior to the start of the game about this play. The team had run that in several other games and a player on the receiving team had been targeted (on several occassions) with no penalty, other than for not allowing the ball to travel 10 yards. Yes, on this film it is not as obvious and the player appears to be going for the ball so I can understand a no call (other than a penalty for ball not travelling 10 yards before contact). However, because of previous film showing that wasn't the case, the officials were notified prior to the game and the officials did call targeting which should have resulted in an ejection of the player who targeted.
Here we go :roll:

Brutus87
Waterboy

Post by Brutus87 »

So an uncalled penalty from a previous game should dictate that THIS play was a penalty and targeting? Makes zero sense. But one thing you are forgeting is the 30 blue team players on the field and ZERO bench players from the colts were on the field. So we trade one guy for your 20 ejections.
It was NOT a cheap shot. It was two guys going for the football. Also because the official announced it warranted an ejection doesn't mean he is correct.
You said it yourself it didn't look like it was targeting and I'm pretty sure past occurances have nothing to do with it.

Sour grapes?
Last edited by Brutus87 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't know how many yards were given up, but I think it was against Chesapeake. I didn't see the game, but I think even the Chesapeake fans would tell you it was the worse game that the Peake has played in years. It must have shocked the Peake quite a bit, as they then turned around and played pretty good the rest of the year.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Brutus87 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:14 pm

So an uncalled penalty from a previous game should dictate that THIS play was a penalty and targeting? Makes zero sense. But one thing you are forgeting is the 30 blue team players on the field and ZERO bench players from the colts were on the field. So we trade one guy for your 20 ejections.
It was NOT a cheap shot. It was two guys going for the football. Also because the official announced it warranted an ejection doesn't mean he is correct.
You said it yourself it didn't look like it was targeting and I'm pretty sure past occurances have nothing to do with it.

Sour grapes?
The officials called targeting and a 15 yard penalty was enforced, so I don't understand why you're upset with me. I simply stated why the officials were made aware of the play prior to the game. Nowhere in my post did I say it was a cheap shot nor was I complaining about anything, just letting Teach know what the official said. Why so defensive? Relax. Good luck Sat.

Brutus87
Waterboy

Post by Brutus87 »

BobcatQB wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:33 am
Brutus87 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Sour grapes?
The officials called targeting and a 15 yard penalty was enforced, so I don't understand why you're upset with me. I simply stated why the officials were made aware of the play prior to the game. Nowhere in my post did I say it was a cheap shot nor was I complaining about anything, just letting Teach know what the official said. Why so defensive? Relax. Good luck Sat.
Lol , I am not buying it. I wonder if you think the OHSAA should be notified of the hit? You know exactly what i am talking about. But moving on. Have a nice day.

Return to “Football”