All Conference

Re: Region 19 #8 Ironton @ #1 Johnstown-Monroe

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Ironton came to play, Johnnies did enough to win

TNTransplant
Waterboy

Post by TNTransplant »

Yep, it appears that the Johnnies may have been overlooking the Tigers and it almost cost them. Ironton will be tough next year.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

TNTransplant wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:18 pm Yep, it appears that the Johnnies may have been overlooking the Tigers and it almost cost them. Ironton will be tough next year.
Ironton has played good defense most of the year, and has seen run oriented QB & loaded backfields prior to JM.

No 1 scored after 2nd QRTR!

Ironton hasn’t played consistent 4 QRTR’s this season, but were really good tonight! One heckuva 6-5 team.

Welcome to the new OVC!!!

Good luck JM

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Ironton! You left it all on the field, looking forward to next year already.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

TNTransplant wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:18 pm Yep, it appears that the Johnnies may have been overlooking the Tigers and it almost cost them. Ironton will be tough next year.
I wish JM WELL. They may continue past Bellaire, but prolly not with that inconsistency displayed tonight. IHS D stopped them after HT.

I think it’ll be tough for either Bellaire or JM to win region 19

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Hats off to ironton they look like they are going to be a good team in the future
I was really impressed how Jtown defense put pressure on the Qb mostly all night
And Jtown pass coverage pretty decent
Also we threw the ball 5 times in the air Should have been a td before half but kid ran before catching the ball
Jtown should have won that game by 2 scores
Also johnnies star Full back had a broken collarbone going into the game no knee about

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 am Hats off to ironton they look like they are going to be a good team in the future
I was really impressed how Jtown defense put pressure on the Qb mostly all night
And Jtown pass coverage pretty decent
Also we threw the ball 5 times in the air Should have been a td before half but kid ran before catching the ball
Jtown should have won that game by 2 scores
Also johnnies star Full back had a broken collarbone going into the game no knee about
I hope the injured JM player heals well. I was a lil curious, listening over the net, where all of the backs were for JM. The interviews before the games with each head coach mentioned NO injuries, which shocked me, as I know IHS lost two major players prior to HT against Portsmouth, but they were in there playing and holding the johhhy offense to one FD after HT.

The IHS players must’ve just been dinged up and that’s nothing compared to a broken collarbone for your lead rusher. That’s a stake to the heart for Dracula.

It’s definitely a great showing for young tigers and they must work on consistent play for the future. Shoulda had that last TD in 3 foot line fumble for chance to tie. But, “SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA talk, espy at playoff time, is your exit ticket...

I’ll have to admit it’s been hard to listen to an IHS team pass sooo much. I just hold breath each time I hear QB is passing, but HEY, it’s the new direction of the cosch’s Vision.

& w:@/that said:
“No matter where you go...
There you are..”

Good luck JM

Forever Blue
Waterboy

Post by Forever Blue »

Was hoping for the best but I knew what to expect. All LCL teams moved forward while we in southern Ohio have Wheelersburg, Fort Frye, Trimble & Waterford moving forward out of 14 teams that qualified. Just stating facts. Didn't know Johnstown's star fullback had a broken collarbone either. No shame, Ironton. Move forward & plan for next year.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 am
I wish JM WELL. They may continue past Bellaire, but prolly not with that inconsistency displayed tonight. IHS D stopped them after HT.

Really, I disagree totally on that, I believe JM will move past Bellaire pretty easily and win region with no problem.
Last night we played one of our worst games and still won, the loss of our RB (leaders of the team) was a blow and it showed

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

The FB is dinged up but I don't think it's a collarbone, he played the whole game but they rotated another fb #45 I think. Ironton had close losses to 4 pretty good teams. Johnstown offense looked out of sync, I think they will get it together from here on out. Outside of one breakdown on a long td run Johnnie's D looked solid. Ironton played with nothing to lose, fake punt, going on 4th down, etc and jtown had a lot of costly penalties. The fumble on goalline was huge but they still had to get the two point to tie. Hats off to the tigers. Hope the Johnnie's regroup and learn from this. Go Johnnies!

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

The Tigers are coming back. Johnstown who basically had everyone back from a regional runner up team escaped on their home field. Ironton had a fumble inside the 1 and a pass called back for illegal motion that put them down at 3. Johnstown busted long runs at the beginning of the game but after that really didn’t do much. Johnstown only had 1 first down after half time. Ironton started 2 freshman on the Line and 6 sophomores that played both ways. I wouldn’t want to play a ironton fort the foreseeable future.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Johnstown-Monroe 15 Ironton 7 Round 1 Region 19 2018

Post by mattash »

Johnstown-Monroe 15 Ironton 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

very proud of the fighting tigers effort this year. the coach and players have 11 games under their belts now. a very young team that will return most everyone. we have to clean up turnovers next year and limit penalties. and we'll be a tough team to be , and that is all discipline related, so it can be fixed. we must learn to finish games and not give up big leads, but keep the foot on the pedal with a lead and keep scoring. I think next years team will be a great unit to watch.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Ironton needs to spend another offseason in the weight room getting bigger and stronger, and learning not to fumble. If you take away the fumbles, they would have won 3 more games this year in my opinion.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:09 pm

Really, I disagree totally on that, I believe JM will move past Bellaire pretty easily and win region with no problem.
Last night we played one of our worst games and still won, the loss of our RB (leaders of the team) was a blow and it shmowed
I said “ they may continue PAST BELLAIRE”/PRIBABLY TOUGH FOR EITHER TOVWIN THE REGION!
As I reread this I can see your questioning. I feel they probably should handle BELLAIRE, but will not win the region.

In the PRE-GAME WEBCAST, your coach SAID”we have a dinged up RUNNING BACK”. Not, a player with BROKEN BONES. Nevertheless, you were able to get the “W”. It was not pretty. After loosing our last two games of the season, I was happy with IhS performance, regardless of which team had more dinged up players.
JM was senior laden, plays a better conference & to go much further will need more than what hey brought to win “PAST BELLAIRE GAME”.
No hate, Just facts.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

ridgewood wins region easy

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 am
JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:09 pm

Last night we played one of our worst games and still won, the loss of our RB (leaders of the team) was a blow and it shmowed
I said “ they may continue PAST BELLAIRE”/PRIBABLY TOUGH FOR EITHER TOVWIN THE REGION!
As I reread this I can see your questioning. I feel they probably should handle BELLAIRE, but will not win the region.

In the PRE-GAME WEBCAST, your coach SAID”we have a dinged up RUNNING BACK”. Not, a player with BROKEN BONES. Nevertheless, you were able to get the “W”. It was not pretty. After loosing our last two games of the season, I was happy with IhS performance, regardless of which team had more dinged up players.
JM was senior laden, plays a better conference & to go much further will need more than what hey brought to win “PAST BELLAIRE GAME”.
No hate, Just facts.
Are you serious
You lost
If you want to look at it this way
Wheelersburg is a Senior team also how come they only scored 28 points on Ironton and kept them to 7points Wheelersburg should have blown them out
Our Top FB is hurt not playing 100 percent
Hate all you want
I said Ironton will be back next year

Return to “Football”