Varsity

Re: Region 19 #8 Ironton @ #1 Johnstown-Monroe

Post by Jack Sparrow »

This region is not very good. “So you’re saying we have a shot...”
I don’t think so Tim
Johnnies win this one

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

14svt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am Didn’t Wheelerburg have trouble with Ironton in the first half ?
Ironton has given every team they’ve played more than they could handle (six) & took (three) down to the last tik-tok’s.

As far as the burg game, ironton got a 6 point ADVANTAGE . Had huge momentum, stuck with Burg well into the late second half and folded.

The difference is, Ironton has not managed to put together 4 quarters of FB. After holding 3-score leads against Portsmouth and Gallia, IHS folded after HT. They’ve got a mental block and play flat, have turnovers & penalties after HT, that has cost them three of four losses(Portsmouth, Ashland, & Gallia).

If they are healthy with FOSSON AND DEERE, they’ll show up. If they overcome the 2nd half mental block, they’ll compete!

They are on their way back to the top in SEO FB. Actually, the OVC is going to be very strong for years to come & whomever has the healthy players that comit year round, will emerge out of their regions & beyond.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I’ve been watching some Ironton films Jtown has got to stop Salyer on the passing and running , also stop the Big Rb they have
I’m seeing Jtown has a bigger line to push
Difference I see is Portsmouth has 1 really good rb they depended on and got a lot of yards
Jtown uses 3 rbs including there qb and throws when needed
Hopefully for a good game
Go Johnnies

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 am
14svt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am Didn’t Wheelerburg have trouble with Ironton in the first half ?
Ironton has given every team they’ve played more than they could handle (six) & took (three) down to the last tik-tok’s.

As far as the burg game, ironton got a 6 point ADVANTAGE . Had huge momentum, stuck with Burg well into the late second half and folded.

The difference is, Ironton has not managed to put together 4 quarters of FB. After holding 3-score leads against Portsmouth and Gallia, IHS folded after HT. They’ve got a mental block and play flat, have turnovers & penalties after HT, that has cost them three of four losses(Portsmouth, Ashland, & Gallia).

If they are healthy with FOSSON AND DEERE, they’ll show up. If they overcome the 2nd half mental block, they’ll compete!

They are on their way back to the top in SEO FB. Actually, the OVC is going to be very strong for years to come & whomever has the healthy players that comit year round, will emerge out of their regions & beyond.
Ironton played a strong game with Burg, but at no time in the game did Ironton have a shot. There was no 6 point advantage for Ironton ever. Burg had some new holes to fill on the offensive line and really never found an offensive identity during the contest. I can tell you they have now. This game Ironton has a punchers chance. Again Salyers for Ironton will get you at least once someway, somehow with the bootleg. Carrico will get his as well. The difference in this game is can Ironton's d get off the field. Something they've been struggling with down the stretch.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I think Ironton has a chance in this one. They need to have more of a running game with multiple backs. Power game of some sorts to keep the defense off the field will help a great deal. Johnstown likes to run the ball to and I believe this will make for a very short game. I have also noticed Ironton special teams have gone backwards in the last few games. This needs cleaned up because in the playoffs this could make or break you.

Go luck Tigers hoping for a injury free game for both teams.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good luck to the tigers!

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

In reading that article I noticed once again no interview with our head coach about the game. Any Tiger fans want to guess how many times the Tribune sports editor has actually interviewed our head coach? Copying an interview from Jason or Kevin on the radio doesn't count.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:53 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 am

Ironton played a strong game with Burg, but at no time in the game did Ironton have a shot. There was no 6 point advantage for Ironton ever. Burg had some new holes to fill on the offensive line and really never found an offensive identity during the contest. I can tell you they have now. This game Ironton has a punchers chance. Again Salyers for Ironton will get you at least once someway, somehow with the bootleg. Carrico will get his as well. The difference in this game is can Ironton's d get off the field. Something they've been struggling with down the stretch.
That’s my fault about burg game. Not sure if there is a time stamp on these posts, but I woke up around 4am’ish when I couldn’t sleep and posted. Perhaps not smart, but I am up and down with sleep and often post then.

I did say ironton Gave (six teams) all they wanted & took (three) down to the wire.,(nine). Leaving out burg, I MEANT TO POST ironton gave up a 6 point early lead on pic-6. I do realize there’s a big difference in BURG then and now. I was shocked that IHS hung around in that game and as long as they did & my memory, not the best @ 55, recalls it not out of reach until after HT, give or take a possession.

Not trying to be shady, just a transpose of the team that gave up the pic-6. On an iPhone keyboard. I think we all know, IHS has done well, but hasn’t found the final answer to finish. But, it’ll come.

Burg has found the spots to fill in they were looking for since ironton &/or Hartley game.

Very proud of both.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

12gauge wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:24 pm In reading that article I noticed once again no interview with our head coach about the game. Any Tiger fans want to guess how many times the Tribune sports editor has actually interviewed our head coach? Copying an interview from Jason or Kevin on the radio doesn't count.
I’m 55, I “BELIEVE” he arrived shortly after I graduated from IHS in 1982.

As I’m sure most know by now, I’m in Florida. Is this b/c of the stupid JR HIGH level drama, of the new coach @ IHS, that is turning the program around?

MAN, there must be some local BS involved in it if it reaches down to a 6 page newspaper.

footballfreak
Waterboy

Post by footballfreak »

14svt wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 pm
piratefan3 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:05 pm Both teams are heavy run and don't do too well with the pass, Ironton's sophomore running back, Carrico will be a driving force for the tigers in the coming years but I believe he might still be too young to carry this team into the second round. Ironton has made a massive improvement since last year and they will continue to grow as a program, that being said I say they lose this one by a close 7. However, the Johnnies might let it slip.
Im not going to lie Johnstown has did pretty decent defending the pass this season
PASS PASS PASS. that is part of the reason they come up short on those close games. Portsmouth for example why start driving when the passing has gotten you somewhere. No it does not always work. but tigers need a combination. Tigers were on it then boom. started driving and they fall short.
Last edited by footballfreak on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:50 pm Also, ironton has one win over an Ohio school with a finishing winning record, an ovc school in fairland. As for Saturday, todo you're not in Kansas anymore.....
[/quote

AHEM..

For those of us a little more adept on classic film, the Carin Terrier from Kansas, lost in OZ was TOTO, not ToDo, as in a list of errands to run.

footballfreak
Waterboy

Post by footballfreak »

14svt wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 pm
piratefan3 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:05 pm Both teams are heavy run and don't do too well with the pass, Ironton's sophomore running back, Carrico will be a driving force for the tigers in the coming years but I believe he might still be too young to carry this team into the second round. Ironton has made a massive improvement since last year and they will continue to grow as a program, that being said I say they lose this one by a close 7. However, the Johnnies might let it slip.
Im not going to lie Johnstown has did pretty decent defending the pass this season
PASS PASS PASS. that is part of the reason they come up short on those close games. Portsmouth for example why start drign when the passing has gotten you somewhere. No it does not always work. bu tigers need s combination. Tigers were on it then boom. starting driving and they fall short.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Toto,your not in Kansas anymore. The spelling of the dog's name won't change the outcome though.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

packers80 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:23 pm Toto,your not in Kansas anymore. The spelling of the dog's name won't change the outcome though.
No, it will not. But if Judy Garland ran around saying ToDo-ToDo, instead of ToTo-ToTo, They would have never found the tin man, the scarecrow, the lion, or that decrepit wizard. I found your typ-OH, quite humorous & worth a laugh amongst all the chest thumping!

by no means at your expense!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

The article shows the Ironton center as only injured player? What happened to #73 that played earlier in season? and thought ur kicker was out for season?

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Good luck to Trevon, Merrill, and the Ironton Fighting Tigers!

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Good luck Ironton...

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I apologize for offending the Wizard of oz afficianado. I watched it once in kindergarten, then moved on to bigger and better things.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Sane Man
Waterboy

Post by Sane Man »

I don't know who'll win Friday but after watching every game but one this year, I'm VERY excited about the new Ironton Fighting Tigers.

Johnstown record is a wee bit suspect. While they may very well roll over Ironton (or maybe NOT!) their record shows they've only defeated two winning teams, 7 & 3 (D4) Licking Valley and 6 & 4 (D2) Licking Heights. Only ONE of their opponents will be seeing week 11, Licking Valley. Not a put down of the Johnnies, just some basic facts. If the Tigers show up healthy and smart, The Tigers could very well have Them by the tail.

Return to “Football”