Gallia Academy 36 Licking Valley 12 Round 1 Region 15 2018

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Re: Region 15 #7 Licking Valley @ #2 Gallia Academy

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Big Coutry 99.5 out of point pleasant will cover the fame. There is another station to but I can’t remember the name of it.

Spiller
Waterboy

Post by Spiller »

93.1 The wolf carrying the hometown Blue Devil call.
Tom Young bringing tradition back to the air waves along with Tony Thompson. Tune in at 7:00 p.m. It will be electric.

Forever Blue
Waterboy

Post by Forever Blue »

Spiller wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:39 am 93.1 The wolf carrying the hometown Blue Devil call.
Tom Young bringing tradition back to the air waves along with Tony Thompson. Tune in at 7:00 p.m. It will be electric.
Heck Yeah.....

GAME DAY = BRING THIS ONE HOME BLUE DEVILS... I'm suspecting there will be a big turn out wearing the blue & white. I sure hope so.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 am Big Coutry 99.5 out of point pleasant will cover the fame. There is another station to but I can’t remember the name of it.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Good win for licking valley you have a really nice ball team. Good luck the rest of way.

Blue devils just couldn’t make a play when they neede to to get off the field

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

When the Devils fed #4 they scored. Tough watching him on the sidelines half the game.

TNTransplant
Waterboy

Post by TNTransplant »

I couldn't make the game, but listened to the Big Country 99.5 announcers online and thought they did a great job.

Sounds like a close first half, but LV took over in the second. Not being there to take it all in, per the announcers it sounded like LV had more speed overall and a more explosive offense. Congrats to Gallia on a great season, and good luck to LV next week against what appears to be a tough Indian Valley squad.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Gallia Academy! OVC Champions, you've had a great year. Some nights it just isn't made to be.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Gallia Academy! OVC Champions, you've had a great year. Some nights it just isn't made to be.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to Gallia the #1 goal for every team going into the season is to win the conference, and they accomplished that. Made a return trip back to the playoffs for the first time since I don't know when and just faced a team that made the right adjustments. Congrats on a great season

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Proud of the Blue on a great year. After all the talk of this senior class being nothing, even from folks in the community, it's refreshing and a bit of poetic justice to see them come out strong in 2018 and put together a great season, silencing the naysayers. Congrats to Licking Valley. Best of luck the rest of the way. On to basketball season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Gallia and Coach Penrod om a great season.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Congrats to Gallia. They ran into a team that had great balance and that executed at a high level last night.

Congrats to the OVC champs and what has to be the coach of the year.

Forever Blue
Waterboy

Post by Forever Blue »

superblue wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:02 pm Hey toldya, you remind me of my favorite poster from logan, related somehow to logan locos.... lol..... with all the speed that gallia has I look for a very close game.. coach Penrod is a great fit for gallia, any idea where he is from? Logan and gallia need to resume there rivalry on the gridiron. Had some great games and conversation the week of the game....
Those were great games! Had a recent conversation about a Logan game in Logan when Dustin Winters got hurt by a "bad" hit. The Blue Devil fans went berserk & were throwing trash on the field. Logan brought the cops & the dogs on the field. Dustin was carried off on a stretcher & raised his arms. The Gallia Academy fans erupted. Those were great games. Same game, Donnie Johnson tricked the defense and hid the ball behind is back all alone in the back field & threw that long, long pass. Awesome! Those were the days of the back to back to back to back playoff years with Coach Saunders then Coach Bokovitz/Coach Penrod. Still got all my playoff shirts. I've got big hopes for the Gallia Academy team with Coach Penrod. Bring it back to the tradition we were building. Can we go back to blue & white uniforms?

Gallia Academy don't hang your heads low. Now, you know what to expect. Don't get bitter get better. Stay focused and do well again next year too! :twisted:

Forever Blue
Waterboy

Post by Forever Blue »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:09 am Proud of the Blue on a great year. After all the talk of this senior class being nothing, even from folks in the community, it's refreshing and a bit of poetic justice to see them come out strong in 2018 and put together a great season, silencing the naysayers. Congrats to Licking Valley. Best of luck the rest of the way. On to basketball season.
Yes, very well said & had to agree & comment. Best wishes to Valley. Hope you represent our region well.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Thank you Blue Devil football and Seniors. You brought a lot of pride back to the community.

Good luck to Licking Valley going forward

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Gallia Academy 36 Licking Valley 12 Round 1 Region 15 2018

Post by mattash »

Gallia Academy 36 Licking Valley 12

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Forever Blue wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:25 am
Those were great games! Had a recent conversation about a Logan game in Logan when Dustin Winters got hurt by a "bad" hit. The Blue Devil fans went berserk & were throwing trash on the field. Logan brought the cops & the dogs on the field. Dustin was carried off on a stretcher & raised his arms. The Gallia Academy fans erupted. Those were great games. Same game, Donnie Johnson tricked the defense and hid the ball behind is back all alone in the back field & threw that long, long pass. Awesome! Those were the days of the back to back to back to back playoff years with Coach Saunders then Coach Bokovitz/Coach Penrod. Still got all my playoff shirts. I've got big hopes for the Gallia Academy team with Coach Penrod. Bring it back to the tradition we were building. Can we go back to blue & white uniforms?

Gallia Academy don't hang your heads low. Now, you know what to expect. Don't get bitter get better. Stay focused and do well again next year too! :twisted:
Great memories.

Those were actually two different games - 2003 was the year Donnie put on a CLINIC to clinch and outright league title and DOMINATED an above average Logan defense. DJ's 2003 season was the BEST individual performance I've ever seen in the SEOAL. He was a deserved MVP in a year where Grant Gregory (Athens), Jared Humphreys (Jackson), and Austin Rohr (Logan) all had amazing seasons AND all three were D1 scholarship athletes (football, baseball, and track respectively).

The Winters game was 2005.

Lots of good battles at Bill Sauer Field and Memorial Field.

Was in Jackson on Saturday. Amazing support from the Gallipolis community. What a turn around for a proud program.

Ran into a bit of a buzzsaw - LV was just a bit quicker than the Blue Devils and didn't make many mistakes. GAHS could have made the game closer without any mistakes/mental errrors, but still an amazing year. Onward and upward, Devils.

Return to “Football”