Gallia Academy 36 Licking Valley 12 Round 1 Region 15 2018

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Region 15 #7 Licking Valley @ #2 Gallia Academy

Post by VetteMan »

Early on, if he's healthly, LV would get a steady dose of Cambell to see if they can stop him. You can be assured that they are well aware of him.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wondering if anyone on here has a more irrational hate for Licking Valley than I do?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

svac83 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:03 pm
RedmenFB10 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:42 pm Any one know what Licking Valley offense looks like? Trying to decide what game to go to. Lol
I have no idea what lickingy valleys offense is like but got a feeling that they may run it a lot behind big offensive tackle jarrod hufford 6’5” 300 lbs Iowa state commit. But that would only be a guess
He committed to Iowa State this past year. He's the overall #41 player in Ohio this year per 24/7 sports. I think they'll be running behind him a couple times this weekend. :idea:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 pm Just a thought but I like it since I'm old school that Valleys uniforms haven't changed for decades (red, white & blue) with the straight line old school color presentation with the pants & jerseys. They don't need the new swirlies, points, tips, different color hues etc. much like Ironton and always play tough and physical, mano e mano, nothing fancy. You know what you'll get if your coach graduated from that high school and has been head coach for 43 years. This should be a hard hitting game.
"Mano e mano" doesn't work so well against zone blocking and gap sound defense.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 pm Wondering if anyone on here has a more irrational hate for Licking Valley than I do?
I think mine is quite rational, from Lancaster being the halfway point between Newark and Portsmouth to 2 4th and goal pass interference calls in overtime. To give them 12 chances to score.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:28 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 pm Just a thought but I like it since I'm old school that Valleys uniforms haven't changed for decades (red, white & blue) with the straight line old school color presentation with the pants & jerseys. They don't need the new swirlies, points, tips, different color hues etc. much like Ironton and always play tough and physical, mano e mano, nothing fancy. You know what you'll get if your coach graduated from that high school and has been head coach for 43 years. This should be a hard hitting game.
"Mano e mano" doesn't work so well against zone blocking and gap sound defense.
Yes, you're correct unless the other team can chip and make one opponent go flying into his own players and create an even larger hole. It works both ways and you'd better be sound or else. Finesse is overrated at the high school level because you have to many different talent levels of players on each team. I see more players in high school running or sliding backwards on plays on defense trying not to get hit anymore or caught up in pursuit than I've ever seen along with just trying to strip the ball and grabbing jerseys for tackles. We'll see what happens this weekend. "Hit somebody" !!!!!
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

In this game the blue devils will benefit from this game being on turf. For probably the first time all season they won’t be the bigger stronger team on the lines. And if you have not been payed no attention at about halfway part of the season people began to come up with ways to slow down the blue devil rush offense. They are going to need to be able to pass to beat licks by valley. That was going to be virtually impossible on the home field.

I think the blue devils will have a speed advantage on the lines and skill players not much but an advantage.

For me the key to this game is will the blue devils be able to slow down licking valley. If they can slow them down I think they have a real shot. But they need to be ready from the 1st quarter. They can’t afford to get a couple of scores behind. I think if they can slow licking valley down. Then there offense may bogg down some and give you opportunities. This team is used to putting together only 4 or 5 play drives for touchdowns.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

91blue14 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:10 pm if the field isn't safe why hasn't it been condemned
football is designed to be played in the elements
I`m curious what the rule book says about fields
what is needed to play a football game
youth league refusing to play there, that's doing the middle and high school a favor
OHSAA stance on field conditions is 100% about player safety. I fully understand that years ago high schools didn't have turf field, so you played on whatever surface you had. Times have changed, OHSAA has transitioned its views towards player safety. More so, if I were a Gallia person, I would be embarrassed to host a team in the current facilities at Memorial Field.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well then I guess it is a good thing you are not gallia. I am not embarrassed for our school to host there neither do I think school should be.

Anytime in the last 5 years or so before this year this field would of been find to host. It is a shame that it spent so many days under water this year when the team was finally better.

It is a shame the last flood happened so late in year and kept field under water that long. Those days of being under water lessened the top 4 or 5 inches of grass and soul from the underlying base. There just was not enough time for these to re attach back before it was played on.

The field was coming loose in big sections and as wet as fall has been just never able to get it back in control this year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Only 2 teams have scored more then twice agains licks no valley this year. Blue devils need to hope this is keep Nd of game first team to 20 wins.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

svac83 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 am Well then I guess it is a good thing you are not gallia. I am not embarrassed for our school to host there neither do I think school should be.

Anytime in the last 5 years or so before this year this field would of been find to host. It is a shame that it spent so many days under water this year when the team was finally better.

It is a shame the last flood happened so late in year and kept field under water that long. Those days of being under water lessened the top 4 or 5 inches of grass and soul from the underlying base. There just was not enough time for these to re attach back before it was played on.

The field was coming loose in big sections and as wet as fall has been just never able to get it back in control this year.
Darn Chickamauga Creek anyway, It's always been a nuisance :?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

svac83 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 am Well then I guess it is a good thing you are not gallia. I am not embarrassed for our school to host there neither do I think school should be.

The playing surface is what caused to move. I agree, if it wasn't for the flooding and amount of traffic on that field, it would have been perfectly fine to play it there. However, the facilities at Memorial Field are sad. Even a die hard like yourself has to admit, hosting a team in that locker room is sad. Folks in Gallipolis are proud of the history that Memorial Field represents, and I respect that. That does not change the fact the facilities are in extremely poor condition. I am shocked the locker room on top of the hill hasn't been condemned by the city.

But to the game, I still like GA in this matchup. Gallia has been in dogfights all year. They have proven time and time again, they they will not quit. I see the boys in blue with a 14 point win.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I agree the facilities there are poor and I think it is time for a new stadium. I have donated and supported toward the new stadium. But the blue devils are not a huge team and we play on the toad at a few places that are much newer then memorial field. That basically won’t hold the whole team. I have no idea what they would do if you traveled 55 or 56 kids.

I totally agree it is time for a new stadium but it is my guess unless someone has a better idea or a outside source of funding we are looking at another 8 to 10 years.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

svac83 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:22 pm I agree the facilities there are poor and I think it is time for a new stadium. I have donated and supported toward the new stadium. But the blue devils are not a huge team and we play on the toad at a few places that are much newer then memorial field. That basically won’t hold the whole team. I have no idea what they would do if you traveled 55 or 56 kids.

I totally agree it is time for a new stadium but it is my guess unless someone has a better idea or a outside source of funding we are looking at another 8 to 10 years.
Need to find a way to get a corporate sponsor interested. I am not talking about the Eastman's or Wiseman's. Those two families do more than there fair share of funding each and every year.

Forever Blue
Waterboy

Post by Forever Blue »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 pm Wondering if anyone on here has a more irrational hate for Licking Valley than I do?
Prob not as bad as you. Mines towards Newark Catholic. Never, ever, ever could beat them. Came close but that sure doesn't count! I believe they still hold the record for state football playoffs. Even the girls teams are very good. I'm certain Volleyball is headed to the state "as usual". Nope, just read Northmor makes history beating them in the district final. I found some videos of Licking Valley Football on YouTube. Just do a search. There's quite a few.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Anyone by memorial field today? They didn’t waste anytime in beginning to prepare it for next year..

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

svac83 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:19 pm Anyone by memorial field today? They didn’t waste anytime in beginning to prepare it for next year..
Are they starting to work on it already? I was also wondering if everyone is as healthly as possible, this late in the year? I know everyone has nicks and bruises, just hope that everyone is able to go.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I am not sure exactly they done down there today looks like it was tilled or plowed or somehow torn up and leveled out looks like there ready to plant grass or lay sod or something but yes they already started

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Ok... we all agree our facilities need a definite upgrade. Different opinions about what needs done and how to do it. As far as moving the game, the coach, AD, Superintendent, and probably a board member decided to make the move, not happy about not getting a home game and jackson was a great choice to play...on a side note we are not the only team to move there game from grass to a turf field this week.. a school with a great playoff history, shadyside, decided to move there game to st. Clairsville. . I have no idea what liking valley will bring to the table, I just hope we play our best game and hope our coaches make the right decisions on our kicking and special teams play. Because they have been a question mark the whole season. ..

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Superglue, you may be 2oold to remember me but glad to see you still posting.

The weather sure has made Coach Penrod look brilliant. The administrators should note the coaches foresight.

As for the game, Penrod will have the plan in place. Execution is always the key. The team knows and the team believes. As I always say " Go Devils".

Return to “Football”