Indian Hill 63 Waverly 28 Round 1 Region 16 2018

toast
All State

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by toast »

smurray wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:08 pm
toast wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 pm
Superman wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:48 pm

Nothing in Indian Hill proper but you can find whatever you need between Waverly and Indian Hill. What kind of food do you want, what price point? I'm local and can give recommendations.
We were hoping to eat as we got within 15 or 20 minutes of the field. A nice sit down restaurant with good food. Not fast food. Around $15 or $20 for a good meal. Is there an Old Charleys in that area. Boy are they good! Thanks so much :)
You have many options at 32/275 (Eastgate) and then you have Milford.
From Chillicothe we are going 35 to 71 and down.
Yep, I forgot about Eastgate and all the restaurants. We'll find something there for sure...Thanks! Superman: Thanks for the info! Sounds really good.

Go Tigers!!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Finally almost game day. It looks like it is going to be perfect weather come kickoff! Happy to see the community came together to support the team by donating money so they could ride in charter buses tomorrow.

The big question is, can the Tigers finally get that playoff win that they have been working so hard towards since 2016? I believe it can be done, but it will take an enormous effort for 4 quarters. My biggest concern is the line of scrimmage. For the Tigers to win, I don't believe they have to dominant the line (Indian Hill is too good up front to expect that), they just need to find a way to hold their own and not allow them to dominate us. Waverly has thrived on the big play/quick score all year long. The offense needs to come out firing on all cylinders. I think Indian Hill is going be able to find ways to score on the Tigers D, but if Waverly is able to run their offense effectively and get in the end zone I think that the Defense will be able to come up with a few stops. I know the Tigers have showed much improvement on the defensive side of the ball the last few weeks, but Indian Hills offense will be a couple notches higher than what they have been playing against.

Win or lose, the community is so proud of the entire program! It is an honor to be able to make the trip over to Indian Hill and cheer on these boys in week 11. Hope to see many Tiger fans do the same!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck coach Crabtree and the Waverly tigers

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
IHdad
Waterboy

Post by IHdad »

I’m The IH QB’s dad. I want to extend a big welcome to everyone at Waverly and congrats on earning a playoff appearance. I look forward to a fantastic game and perfect football weather. This is a great matchup and all I pray for is a legendary, but safe game where everyone (especially Seniors) goes home knowing they were in a great battle, but walked off the field leaving everything they could have done to win.

Midwest BBQ is awesome. They recently moved to a strip mall at I-275 and Wards Corner exit.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

IHdad wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:21 pm I’m The IH QB’s dad. I want to extend a big welcome to everyone at Waverly and congrats on earning a playoff appearance. I look forward to a fantastic game and perfect football weather. This is a great matchup and all I pray for is a legendary, but safe game where everyone (especially Seniors) goes home knowing they were in a great battle, but walked off the field leaving everything they could have done to win.

Midwest BBQ is awesome. They recently moved to a strip mall at I-275 and Wards Corner exit.
Nice post IHdad, looking forward to making the trip down.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

IHdad wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:21 pm I’m The IH QB’s dad. I want to extend a big welcome to everyone at Waverly and congrats on earning a playoff appearance. I look forward to a fantastic game and perfect football weather. This is a great matchup and all I pray for is a legendary, but safe game where everyone (especially Seniors) goes home knowing they were in a great battle, but walked off the field leaving everything they could have done to win.

Classy post! Looking forward to tonight and a great game. :)

IHdad
Waterboy

Post by IHdad »

OHSAA won’t let us live stream the game like we usually do, but anyone that can’t make it can watch it later tonight on YouTube. Search for Indian Hill Television Network or IHTN1.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Should be 50 degrees at kickoff. Can’t ask for much better weather this time of the year with the weather we’ve had.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Bring home the victory Tigers!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:48 pm Bring home the victory Tigers!!!
Hope so

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Update?

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

42-14 Indian Hill at the half

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Took Waverly offense a quarter and a half to get going. After falling behind 28-0 they had it cut to 21 twice and then at 35-14 getting the ball back with around 1 minute in the half.
The punt was a wobbler and receiver got out of the way of it. The short punt hit a Waverly player in the back side and recovered by IH who scored with around .30 to play to increase the lead back to 28.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

63-28 Final.

IH was simply bigger, faster, stronger. I think they had 3 kids faster than anyone Waverly has seen this year.

Waverly played hard and made a few plays, but they needed to be perfect and they weren't. Nothing to be ashamed of. They will miss the seniors that won't be back next year, but there is a lot to be excited about for next year as well.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:26 pm 63-28 Final.

IH was simply bigger, faster, stronger. I think they had 3 kids faster than anyone Waverly has seen this year.

Waverly played hard and made a few plays, but they needed to be perfect and they weren't. Nothing to be ashamed of. They will miss the seniors that won't be back next year, but there is a lot to be excited about for next year as well.
Just a different level.... and I don’t think you can do anything about it. Some of those guys looked like grown men. Tigers never never never gave up and did all they could, putting 28 on the board - just no way they could stop IH.
Great 9-1 regular season beating everyone they were suppose to and then some.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to Waverly on a very good season and really showing everyone that Waverly is getting into the reload stages each year. Waverly does lose some key players for next year but return much more than they lose. I look forward to seeing them make a even greater jump this time next season. The region Waverly finds themselves in is just a juggernaut and I'm not sure how you can prepare them for the teams they will see unless you go and sign a team or 2 from that area just to get Waverly on course with the type of athlete they'll see. Congrats to IH and good luck moving forward, looks like you have a rematch with Wyoming a team that beat IH 37-7 in week 10.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Great season Tigers. Your community is proud of you! Congratulations

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 am Congrats to Waverly on a very good season and really showing everyone that Waverly is getting into the reload stages each year. Waverly does lose some key players for next year but return much more than they lose. I look forward to seeing them make a even greater jump this time next season. The region Waverly finds themselves in is just a juggernaut and I'm not sure how you can prepare them for the teams they will see unless you go and sign a team or 2 from that area just to get Waverly on course with the type of athlete they'll see. Congrats to IH and good luck moving forward, looks like you have a rematch with Wyoming a team that beat IH 37-7 in week 10.
This post is spot on with what Waverly needs to do. Beef up the non-conference schedule. Playing Unioto, Zane Trace, Piketon, River Valley every year won't prepare you for the playoffs. Replace 2 of those games with opponents where you can "test yourself". I don't think Waverly has to travel all the way to Cincy though, there are area teams like Jackson, Chillicothe, or Athens who would be a sufficient upgrade on their schedule.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Otto wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:30 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 am Congrats to Waverly on a very good season and really showing everyone that Waverly is getting into the reload stages each year. Waverly does lose some key players for next year but return much more than they lose. I look forward to seeing them make a even greater jump this time next season. The region Waverly finds themselves in is just a juggernaut and I'm not sure how you can prepare them for the teams they will see unless you go and sign a team or 2 from that area just to get Waverly on course with the type of athlete they'll see. Congrats to IH and good luck moving forward, looks like you have a rematch with Wyoming a team that beat IH 37-7 in week 10.
This post is spot on with what Waverly needs to do. Beef up the non-conference schedule. Playing Unioto, Zane Trace, Piketon, River Valley every year won't prepare you for the playoffs. Replace 2 of those games with opponents where you can "test yourself". I don't think Waverly has to travel all the way to Cincy though, there are area teams like Jackson, Chillicothe, or Athens who would be a sufficient upgrade on their schedule.
Next year they are opening their season with Athens. I believe Amanda Clearcreek is replacing Nelsonville also.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Waverly! You had a great year, everyone is very proud of you.

Return to “Football”